There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL Defensive Ratings we Rank

  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,838
Originally posted by ritchie:
Small
Sample
Size

and meaningless results. Nobody was outscored by more than us in game #1, and nobody scored less than us. I don't care what the stats say, we SUCKED the worst we have in a long time yesterday.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,714
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by STNiner:
so far number 6 against the rush at 77 yrds per game
number 10 vs the pass at 165 yrds per game
number 4 in total yards allowed per game
number 25 in points allowed



Ok now doing looking at the numbers and not the points allowed (those numbers don't tell the real game) we are a top 5 defense in the league as of right now. That is definitely something to hold our hats on, Now we have to get this offense flowing and put up at least 17-20 points a game.

If our corner backs keep getting burned we're not.

Salient plays were on both Spencer, Clements and the turtle, Lewis but the reality, we had zero pass rush the whole game and our d-line got owned and our LB's were no where to be found. It was a terrible scheme and game plan from top to bottom = collective fail.

Clements and Brown have to stop bitting on that slant route. They looked like backups yesterday. If we don't go Qb next year we should go CB in the first round.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 13, 2010 at 13:46:51 ]
Originally posted by STNiner:
so far number 6 against the rush at 77 yrds per game
number 10 vs the pass at 165 yrds per game
number 4 in total yards allowed per game
number 25 in points allowed



Ok now doing looking at the numbers and not the points allowed (those numbers don't tell the real game) we are a top 5 defense in the league as of right now. That is definitely something to hold our hats on, Now we have to get this offense flowing and put up at least 17-20 points a game.

Total defense rankings are meaningless. Pay them no mind.

And that even after factoring in sample size.

It's a highly flawed stat.

[ Edited by kray28 on Sep 13, 2010 at 13:59:44 ]
Not trying to sound like a jerk or anything. But why bother posting our defensive stats when we know our defense looked horrible yesterday. I just wanna win some ballgames. Hopefully we can shock the world on Monday Night.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by susweel:
Looking at rankings after one game = Fail

What are you here for then?

To make sure everyone knows that Alex Smith sucks.

As the late great Teddy Pendergrass sang, "If you don't know it by now."
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,714
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
Not trying to sound like a jerk or anything. But why bother posting our defensive stats when we know our defense looked horrible yesterday. I just wanna win some ballgames. Hopefully we can shock the world on Monday Night.

Saints don't scare me, they're beatable.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by susweel:
Looking at rankings after one game = Fail

What are you here for then?

To make sure everyone knows that Alex Smith sucks.
Originally posted by STNiner:
exactly Mayo......I hate people like that, they are so annoying. I understand people should be hurt and upset after yesterday's game, but how long are we gonna stay negative? Positive thoughts Yield positive results.

LOL. Actually we are bystanders. Our outlook will have zero affect on the results.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,391
points is what matters to me
even more surprising were 12th in pass offense
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,714
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by STNiner:
exactly Mayo......I hate people like that, they are so annoying. I understand people should be hurt and upset after yesterday's game, but how long are we gonna stay negative? Positive thoughts Yield positive results.

LOL. Actually we are bystanders. Our outlook will have zero affect on the results.

Don't you believe in karma, danimal?
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by STNiner:
exactly Mayo......I hate people like that, they are so annoying. I understand people should be hurt and upset after yesterday's game, but how long are we gonna stay negative? Positive thoughts Yield positive results.

LOL. Actually we are bystanders. Our outlook will have zero affect on the results.

Correct.