LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Someone answer me this...Its funny how we still hang on to alex smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yet other teams give up on there so called "franchise QBs after a few seasons (CLeveland, oakland, Arizona to name a few) and yet i still believe the 49ers have a better overall team then those 3...what is it going to take for them to pull the trigger on smith? its been 5 seasons come on now you can only make so many excuses for one player...and at this point we have heard them all.
Dude, AS has the biggest sac of them all. So live with it.
I think it's safe to say this season is his last chance. I think that the coaches understand that with the turnovers in OC's and the injuries that he really hasn't had a chance to settle in. Now he does, so we'll see. So far, not so good.
I think its funny that people keep starting Alex Smith threads
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
I think it's safe to say this season is his last chance. I think that the coaches understand that with the turnovers in OC's and the injuries that he really hasn't had a chance to settle in. Now he does, so we'll see. So far, not so good.

yea, not a good start but we should know by week 17.
alex jamarcus smith
This is Smith's determining season. It won't be decided over one game. Hell, the whole team was horrid last night. Just outright horrid. I felt I was watching a pee wee football team half the time.

In a sense, this is like Smith's third-fourth year (normally when other franchise QBs are cut). Smith played 9 games in 05, all of 06, 7 games in 07, none in 08 and 11 in 09. According to this, he's played slightly under 3 seasons even though he's a 6 year vet.

He stared off 2010 as bad as possible, and he's got Mount Everest to climb in order to stay the QB of the future for this team.

And I'm rooting for him still.

~Dann
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
I think its funny that people keep starting Alex Smith threads
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No one is hanging on to Smith. He sucks the next 4 games or so and he's probably out of there. Sing won't put up with mediocre play.
We shouldn't.

We should be on his ass. No more benefits of the doubt. No more excuses. Nada.

Carry the team. Make your teammates better. Bail their sucky play out with your own brilliant play. Make something out of nothing. Make plays that were not in the design of the playcall. When things break down, improvise and overcome.

Perform at a high level - Period

[ Edited by Bluefalcon61 on Sep 13, 2010 at 13:11:05 ]

Share 49ersWebzone