LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Look down field Alex, there's guys wide open!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My dad was complaining about all the dinking and dunking and I was okay with it as long as we made it to the redzone and of course score points. 1 of 2 in this case has become the issue. So I decided to watch the first half of the game over to see what I missed in the mist of all the letdown and emotion.

1st Quarter, 3rd and goal, 10:56 first scoring opportunity

Obvious cover 2 look. What made Alex think he can fit a ball in the left flat when the play is designed to cover the flats. Crabtree was more open then Gore was. Morgan was available on a quick slant. Ginn got lost lol.

The biggest one of all- 2nd quarter, first and goal 8:23 on the clock

Should have never got to the Moran Norris situation play
Crabs and Morgan split to the left on what seemed like a double post route. Both WIDE OPEN in the endzone. Easy pitch and catch, maybe more easy then the Norris one. But instead he never looked down the field and threw it to walker for a 4 yard gain. BLAH! I think he was looking for Vernon on that play witch was totally the wrong pre-snap read.

4th quarter sometime....pains me to look

where Vernon was wide open on an In-Route 15 yards down the field and never got a look. Alex threw it underneath.

I think Alex is programmed to understand safe efficient throws and not take advantage of some solid designed plays. Jimmy Raye maybe the problem sometimes but in my estimation this one is on Alex!
he scared to throw an INT, with his accuracy do you blame him lol?
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
he scared to throw an INT, with his accuracy do you blame him lol?

YES!

ohhh and another play I just found.

2nd quarter- 14:50 2nd and 10 from the 15 in REDZONE

He throws a quick safe pass to gore in the left flat. Crabtree ran a beautiful route to the 2 or 3 yard line and stopped to watch frank gore get 8. Then gave the safety a lick and watched him fall to the ground.

Its these type of things that make you a good quarter back. We're not talking great, just good.
Share 49ersWebzone