LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

I'm glad this crap happened now and not later on in the season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jcs:
Hate to say it but we should have kept martz...

Yup!
Originally posted by sincalniner:
Originally posted by jcs:
Hate to say it but we should have kept martz...

Yup!

You weren't saying that when we were getting creamed with that sh*t.

San Diego is losing 21-7 to the Chiefs.

The Chargers are done
this thread reminds me of this..

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Now......we can see what we are dealing with.

Jed won't put up with any of this garbage. They now see the problem, they now see the crappy p***y playcalling on offense, they now see that Smith better play playoff football or he's gone, they now see that Gore can't be the only answer, that Smith needs to step up and so does our team.

We overrated ourselves with the 4-0 preseaon, overrated ourselves with the media crowning us the NFC west contenders, so the niners took the Seahawks lightly. You can't take anyteam lightly nowadays.

Sure , Crabtree and Gore hasn't played a down since last year,
but to pass to Moron Norris for the first time this decade?
Why not practice that play with Westbr.....nevermind...that's another thread.

With this big loss to a crappy team and blame game, the only thing now is to move forward. The niners now put all of this pressure on themselves to practice harder , and believe you me , Sing will bust out the whip. THAT'S WHY SING IS SO CALM ABOUT IT. Sing knows he now has an excuse to practice these ''superstars and 1st rounders'' lights out hard.

We are not only gonna play to win, but to destroy.

I'm tired of Sing thinking he can motivate players by yelling and making them wear pads all week. If no one believes he and Raye can manage a game it becomes infectious. Pretty soon more players stop believing.

Bring in Gruden.

THIS

Why doesn't he blame himself, call himself out? Oh ya, he "pledges" to get the plays called faster. Oh yeah, he calls the plays? No wonder they suck..
So by niner talk' rationale, by one game;

-Norv Turner should be fired because he lost. So should Rex Ryan, Broncos coach,Cowboys coach, etc.

[ Edited by TonyStarks on Sep 13, 2010 at 22:35:05 ]
Originally posted by susweel:

Jed won't put up with any of this garbage. They now see the problem, they now see the crappy p***y playcalling on offense, they now see that Smith better play playoff football or he's gone, they now see that Gore can't be the only answer, that Smith needs to step up and so does our team.

We overrated ourselves with the 4-0 preseaon, overrated ourselves with the media crowning us the NFC west contenders, so the niners took the Seahawks lightly. You can't take anyteam lightly nowadays.

With this big loss to a crappy team and blame game, the only thing now is to move forward. The niners now put all of this pressure on themselves to practice harder , and believe you me , Sing will bust out the whip. THAT'S WHY SING IS SO CALM ABOUT IT. Sing knows he now has an excuse to practice these ''superstars and 1st rounders'' lights out hard.

I'm tired of Sing thinking he can motivate players by yelling and making them wear pads all week. If no one believes he and Raye can manage a game it becomes infectious. Pretty soon more players stop believing.

Bring in Gruden.

this

I wouldn't mind it. Fortunately/unfortunately the rest of the division might be so bad that we could win by default. And if we win then does Jed fire Sing? I don't think so I like Singletary, I just have serious doubts about his ability as a coach that stem from last season.

If we miss the playoffs, I really can see Jed cutting Sing loose. So far I believe he really wants to win unlike his father. When he announced Sings hiring he said "this is the last time our season ends in december". I'll be disappointed if he sticks with Sing if we don't win the west. I know it's only week 1 but all I have to say is "don't tell me, show me"
  • NP9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalniner:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by susweel:

Bring in Gruden.

this

This, I don't even know why Gruden doesn't have a coaching gig already.

Waiting for the SF job?

Actually, that may just be what's in his mind. When he signed with ESPN I believe it was for two years, which would end after this season. Every week he sounds like he's pimping for another coaching job, (which should really be fun to listen to this week), so why not take his time evaluating each possible job that might open up at season's end. And you gotta think that he wouldn't mind setting up shop right across the bay from old man Al.
Byham reminds me of a young Eric Johnson.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Because they have the same number (#82)?
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

No silly, it's because they're both white.

-9fA

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

No silly, it's because they're both white.

-9fA

This crap shouldn't have happened, EVER. There is no comparison to the Atlanta game because we never came close to making a comeback.

I appreciate your efforts, but there are no silver-linings in a loss like this.

This was a wake-up call alright. We were dreaming if we expected the same personnel with a few tweaks to suddenly become world beaters. The things that we didn't change this off-season; QB, OC, and Secondary, are the things that will determine how we do this season. I'm thinking 9-7 is realistic.

We have a lot of new talent and in a year or two we'll be better positioned for a run. But this season is like last season, we are NFC West contenders and that's about it.
Share 49ersWebzone