Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
If we start 0-3 & cant even beat the lonely Chiefs up in arrowhead we should just clean house bench Smith for the rest of the season Clements Haralson cut Norris bring up Caulcrick & Davis from the practice squad
& FIRE most of the coaching staff starting with Jimmy "Bill Cosby" Raye along with Singletary

looks like slowly but trully he's loosing the team

he is definitely losing the team. Anyone notice how yesterday when he was yelling at players coming in they were just walking right past him like he didn't exist. I saw that several times yesterday. Well I admit, I saw what appeared like that scenario. I don't think they want to hear his tirades anymore...they see his own faults far too much. The respect and trust is deterioriating very fast
A coach must be very careful about the times he "goes off" on a team. Players DO tune out a coach as soon as they realize it is nothing new. OTOH, a coach that has something constructive to offer, that listens to his players and has a mutual respect for them, CAN go off on rare occasions, and when he does, players listen.

A good example of that kind of coach was Tony Dungy. He NEVER raised his voice above a normal talking range. If players couldn't hear him, he told them to either get closer to him or do a better job of listening. So when there was something that happened that needed particular attention. He just slowed down instead of raising his voice. It worked. He had some of the best disciplined teams in the league on both sides of the ball.