LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn's interesting read!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NINERSWINTHEWEST:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
without a doubt singletary and raye are full of s**t. dumb and dumber need to get their s**t together monday, im glad alex is telling it like it is, now only if he would fix his damn accuracy

come on man

it still comes down to execution, which Alex failed miserably at yesterday.

Whoever called the play to Norris and Morgan in the endzone..those plays worked, both players were wide open, smith just f**ked up there. So what we called time outs, we called plays that worked and would have gotten us points but the passes were off.

Yes, Alex could have executed much better than he did however, the coaching staff took too long to get the plays in and what happens then is that the rhythm is lost and it allows you to become ineffective. the Moran Norris pass on Alex for sure but even the announcers were saying that the O was moving too slow and couldn't get into any sort of rhythm. Alex is to blame here but where was Vernon Davis? Crabs couldn't run a route, Gore was going against 8 in the box for the simple fact that our coaches don't know how to call any good plays. When you're down you change the gameplan and try to punch them in the face with a few long passes, runs and then open up the field but we as a team failed miserably but I put this on the coaching staff.

Is it even worth going to the Bay to catch the 9ers play the Saints? 0-2 here we come....

Hey bro you might have to change your username. I don't think that's happening anytime soon.
people who are saying smith should call the plays, you do know he doesn't determine what package is on the field? Coaches call the package and the plays. To my knowledge, Smith only calls the plays when he's audibling or in hurry up mode.
  • dj43
Originally posted by jpherring:
We are the blind leading the blind.

Shame on the coaches for not being prepared. However, Alex being the seasoned veteran like he is, should have just got on the line and called a play. What do they do all offseason if not prepare for situations like this? Would Peyton Manning have sat there crying for a play or would he have taken control and put his team on the line to run a play. Life is not always on a script and sometimes you have to go with what you have. PATHETIC.

HOW CAN YOU CALL A PLAY THAT WILL WORK WHEN THE PACKAGE THAT IS ON THE FIELD IS SO LIMITING THAT ANYTHING YOU CALL WILL MOST LIKELY BE STUFFED?

*switching to decaf*
Dear Jimmy Raye - Please direct your attention to the big ass TV called the score board. Locate the number counting down. No, this is not the countdown to Gore's next run up the middle or your next nap. This is how much time you need to get the play to your QB. He is the one, with his arms out, mouthing "whats the f _ _ _ing call". Preferably, if you can, please send play down with :20 seconds left.

yours truly,
49er fans with the big sign "You Suck Jimmy Raye"
without a doubt singletary and raye are full of s**t. dumb and dumber need to get their s**t together monday, im glad alex is telling it like it is, now only if he would fix his damn accuracy

Alex couldn't hit the moon if he was standing on it. Yesterday, his throws reminded me of another 1st round pick....Jamarcus Russell.
Originally posted by LanceQ:

Alex couldn't hit the moon if he was standing on it. Yesterday, his throws reminded me of another 1st round pick....Jamarcus Russell.

Eeeh, he wasn't that bad. I can't understand why this team NEVER adjust to the opposing defense. Seattle took away the middle and the offense did NOTHING. I think some blame need to be thrown at the feet of Nate Clemens, too. Thank guy got burned after losing his mental composure. This team does not make comebacks.
  • dj43
Originally posted by altadenaniner:

Eeeh, he wasn't that bad. I can't understand why this team NEVER adjust to the opposing defense. Seattle took away the middle and the offense did NOTHING.
Most fans only see what the players do, they have no way of knowing how large a role the coaches have prior to, and DURING THE GAME. Yesterday Pete Carroll AND HIS STAFF, outcoached Mike Singletary and his staff. Gus Bradley had an answer for everything the 49ers ran, and they never tried anything different.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by altadenaniner:

Eeeh, he wasn't that bad. I can't understand why this team NEVER adjust to the opposing defense. Seattle took away the middle and the offense did NOTHING.
Most fans only see what the players do, they have no way of knowing how large a role the coaches have prior to, and DURING THE GAME. Yesterday Pete Carroll AND HIS STAFF, outcoached Mike Singletary and his staff. Gus Bradley had an answer for everything the 49ers ran, and they never tried anything different.

sad thing is, WHO THE f**k IS GUS BRADLEY
Oops....nothin to see here, folks...uh
nothin to see...keep walkin.

Alex Smith gets no excuse from me. When the poo hits the fan he crumbles. Not good. Clearly he wasn't comfortable yesterday and now we know why. He's not the only one who needs to go.

I do believe Smith. He may be a lot of things but being a liar isn't one of them.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
This kind of confirms what I felt while watching the game yesterday: the most blame (though not all of it) is on the coaches. We were unprepared and disorganized. That is inexcusable.

Very well stated....clear and concise. I would simply add this. The job of any coordinator, either offensive or defensive, is to watch film on the other team during the week leading up to the game and then try to exploit the other team's weaknesses, whether they be a single player's weakness or a team weakness.

The Niners coaching staff was COMPLETELY and thoroughly outclassed in this respect. If the Niners had a game plan for this game, they telegraphed it perfectly to Seattle. After the first quarter, the Seahawks looked like they knew exactly what the Niners were going to do...
Did the Niners make ANY adjustments during the game? No.
After they got down 21-6 and then 28-6, did they try to confuse Seattle or run a no huddle to try to get a quick score, get back in the game and tire out the oppostion? No.
Worse yet, after the pick six JUST AFTER HALFTIME, did the Niners regroup on the sidelines and make any adjustments at all? NO!!! They mailed it in the rest of the game. They lay down like dogs. They gave up. Pure and simple. THAT is why this was such a telling and horrendous game. Only vets like Justin Smith, Patrick Willis can save this season. Guys like that have to call out the rest of the guys and keep them from giving up.....or the season is definitely lost.

First time I enjoyed and agreed with this guy. I don't blame Smith for his comments. His job is on the line. I know he struggled, but s*itty play calling, communication issues just compound to his struggles. He should speak up... I would have loved if he was pissed yesterday and yelled at Crabtree or even the coaching staff. Ala Steve Young vs. Eagles.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by joebbadass:
Basic communication model...sender sends message to receiver of message.

For the 9ers...sender (Ray) sends message (play) to another sender (QB coach Mike Johnson) who sends message to receiver of message (Smith).

In a game with time constraints like the play clock, it seems the basic communication model would work best. One sender to get the message to the receiver of the message.

I fear our coaching staff lacks the sophistication of working with a modern day team in a modern day game.

Hurry up and send the damn message!

You lose about 5-7 seconds relaying the play to a thid party. Why not just Jimmy Raye send it directly to Alex. Why put Mike Johnson in the mix? What's he gonna do?...

Mike Johnson to Jimmy Raye: "Oh coach, I think that's a bad call we should call this one instead!... No the other play!... The one we practiced when Crabtree dropped the ball on Wednesday! Yeah, that's the one!... Wait. Hello? Are you still there? Aw crap, time's up!!... Uh, Alex, just call a HB Power on the A gap, just like always."

I know that this is serious stuff, but that fake conversation was HILARIOUS!
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Singletary is stupid. There's no other way to put it. You can tell he isn't very educated and because of this, he's unable to grasp the complexities of an offense or a defense.

He was never a coordinator...anyone wonder why? Most NFL coaches become HCs after successful tenures as coordinators. Our dumbass management named Sing the permanent HC without considering this fact. He has to RELY on his coordinators to make calls. I bet he doesn't call any plays...he just decides if the team should go for it on 4th down or not.

Lets not forget that Sing had ZERO connections to OCs coming into this job as well...hence his barber shop bud Jimmy Raye taking the job.

He's nothing but a motivational speaker...a cheerleader. That only goes so far. You have to have, you know, a plan

Coach Singletary does have a plan, its the very same plan designed by his mentor and adopted faithfully by the ownership. We are in the 6th of that 7 years plan. Fans just have to be more patient.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by joebbadass:
Basic communication model...sender sends message to receiver of message.

For the 9ers...sender (Ray) sends message (play) to another sender (QB coach Mike Johnson) who sends message to receiver of message (Smith).

In a game with time constraints like the play clock, it seems the basic communication model would work best. One sender to get the message to the receiver of the message.

I fear our coaching staff lacks the sophistication of working with a modern day team in a modern day game.

Hurry up and send the damn message!

You lose about 5-7 seconds relaying the play to a thid party. Why not just Jimmy Raye send it directly to Alex. Why put Mike Johnson in the mix? What's he gonna do?...

Mike Johnson to Jimmy Raye: "Oh coach, I think that's a bad call we should call this one instead!... No the other play!... The one we practiced when Crabtree dropped the ball on Wednesday! Yeah, that's the one!... Wait. Hello? Are you still there? Aw crap, time's up!!... Uh, Alex, just call a HB Power on the A gap, just like always."

I know that this is serious stuff, but that fake conversation was HILARIOUS!

Originally posted by teeohh:
I feel like mike nolan is still head coach, team does not look like it has a clue

Sorry, its sad but coach Nolan has left .... but his 7 years plan lives on. The plan is being executed faithfully by coach Nolan's mentees.

Coach Singletary still gets tips and stuff from coach Nolan when he has problem reading or understanding the manuscript.
Share 49ersWebzone