There are 168 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn's interesting read!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
All are to blame!

The coaches are dips**ts and failed to get the plays in on time.

Smith is a p***y for not making something happen when he realized the coaches were f**king up.
AS needs to call the play himself if he doesn't get the play from Raye/Johnson soon enough.
The upside is that if this BS continues, we might finally see the end of the Alex Smith-Mike Nolan-Mike Singletary era of complete and total incompetence.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
this kind of confirms what I felt while watching the game yesterday: the most blame (though not all of it) is on the coaches. We were unprepared and disorganized. That is inexcusable.

absolutely!!!! I KNEW there were problems getting the play in, when the offense were on the field three or four times not in a huddle looking at the sideines with 15 seconds left each time waiting for a call....obviously the decisions were made to go for it, yet no actual play was called....this is a VERY HUGE PROBLEM.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I'm an Alex homer,but he needs to grow some balls and stop acting like a retard on the field.

Call your own plays if the sh*t goes down.

Stop being a b*tch.

You have two pro bowlers,and a about 5-6 first round picks on your offensive side.

Agreed. Right now I have equal disdain for Smith, who is acting like a pansy, and the dumb ass coaching staff who manages a game worse than a pop warner team. I find it unbelievable that an NFL team regularly has issues getting plays off in time. Not to mention other bad strategic decisions, just the mechanics of calling a damn play.

On the crappy stragey front, consider just this one example. End of first half. Seahawks get a quick score and put us back on our heals. We get the ball with about 1:30. We can run out the clock, or we can try to get some points. With that amount of time, to me it seems a no brainer. Go for some points and turn the momentum before the half. First call, conservative run up the middle for nothing. OK, I'm thinking, lame conservative call, they're going to run out the clock. Seattle time out. Next play, attempted mid-range pass, incomplete. Not a high percentage pass as I recall. So right there, what are we trying to do, run out the clock or score points? If we're trying to score points, we just sabotaged ourselves with the first down run up the middle. If we're trying to leave no time on the clock for the Seahawks to inflict further damage, we would have been better served to run rather than chuck an incomplete pass and preserve Seattle's final timeout. You KNOW?! This is basic stuff. This is football supposedly at the highest level. Unbelievable incompetence. It's bad enough that I have to watch Smith overthrow a wide open touchdown pass, but the lack of intelligence in our preparation and attack is the straw that breaks the camel's back. I am so discouraged by that weak ass effort yesterday.
  • dj43
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Singletary is stupid. There's no other way to put it. You can tell he isn't very educated and because of this, he's unable to grasp the complexities of an offense or a defense.

He was never a coordinator...anyone wonder why? Most NFL coaches become HCs after successful tenures as coordinators. Our dumbass management named Sing the permanent HC without considering this fact. He has to RELY on his coordinators to make calls. I bet he doesn't call any plays...he just decides if the team should go for it on 4th down or not.

Lets not forget that Sing had ZERO connections to OCs coming into this job as well...hence his barber shop bud Jimmy Raye taking the job.

He's nothing but a motivational speaker...a cheerleader. That only goes so far. You have to have, you know, a plan.

Blunt....but true. Coaches like that can still succeed though...they just pick good coordinators to handle the technical stuff, and delegate authority accordingly.

Singletary's problem is that he picked poor coordinators.

Martz was by no means perfect, but he was light years better than this. Why Singletary saw fit to fire him (only to replace him with a half-dead Raye) continues to bother me.

I think Singletary saw Martz as a threat to his authority, and basically made a totally political move in firing him.
Martz was fired because Singletary does not like a passing-based offense.

BTW, Jay Cutler was 23 of 35 for 372 yards, 2 TDs and 1 Int. THAT is the Mike Martz offense that Singletary doesn't like. Chicago won.
He failed to mention how horrible Alex Smith was.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
without a doubt singletary and raye are full of s**t. dumb and dumber need to get their s**t together monday, im glad alex is telling it like it is, now only if he would fix his damn accuracy

come on man

it still comes down to execution, which Alex failed miserably at yesterday.

Whoever called the play to Norris and Morgan in the endzone..those plays worked, both players were wide open, smith just f**ked up there. So what we called time outs, we called plays that worked and would have gotten us points but the passes were off.

Yes, Alex could have executed much better than he did however, the coaching staff took too long to get the plays in and what happens then is that the rhythm is lost and it allows you to become ineffective. the Moran Norris pass on Alex for sure but even the announcers were saying that the O was moving too slow and couldn't get into any sort of rhythm. Alex is to blame here but where was Vernon Davis? Crabs couldn't run a route, Gore was going against 8 in the box for the simple fact that our coaches don't know how to call any good plays. When you're down you change the gameplan and try to punch them in the face with a few long passes, runs and then open up the field but we as a team failed miserably but I put this on the coaching staff.

Is it even worth going to the Bay to catch the 9ers play the Saints? 0-2 here we come....
Communications problems, my ass!

I think Tim Ryan commented about it yesterday during the game. Something like - " this (the 49er staff) is a professional coaching staff. They should have been able to plan contingencies when things go wrong - with minimal disruption."

Why the f**k do we keep having these problems and we can't adjust quickly enough??

And this is just the first game? No other game for the rest of the season will that staff have the time to prepare for a game. They had all of the offseason to prepare for this game (relative to the other remaining games)!!!! They should have had backup/redundant systems ready to go! But no, they looked like idiots out there - taking too long to get in plays, wasting timeouts, and STILL failing to execute after they stopped the time to get their heads out of their asses. And they obviously couldn't adjust during the 2nd half either. Both in terms of game management (coaches) and game execution (QB, other players).

Bottom line is -Both are coaching staff and QB are STILL overmatched and plainly incapable of either planning for the worst or reacting quickly enough when things go wrong (as things will in NFL football game). They can prepare a gameplan and as long as things are going right, everything is good and they look competent but once things fall apart, they lose their nerve, freeze, choke, become incapacitated, and here is the same result, over and over, and over again.
Originally posted by bret:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believes it's a league rule that you can't communicate direct from upstairs to the field.

Yeah, a coah in the booth can't communicate directly with the QB on the field. A coach on the sideline can, I believe.

I say just let Mike Johnson call the plays on the sideline. He is well versed and seems to have a good rapport with Smith.

Only speak with Raye during timeouts and halftime to make adjustments.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
I say just let Mike Johnson call the plays on the sideline. He is well versed and seems to have a good rapport with Smith.

Only speak with Raye during timeouts and halftime to make adjustments.

I say we don't even speak to Raye at all.

Give him a radio hooked up to a recording of Mike Johnson saying noting but ok or sounds good.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
without a doubt singletary and raye are full of s**t. dumb and dumber need to get their s**t together monday, im glad alex is telling it like it is, now only if he would fix his damn accuracy

come on man

it still comes down to execution, which Alex failed miserably at yesterday.

Whoever called the play to Norris and Morgan in the endzone..those plays worked, both players were wide open, smith just f**ked up there. So what we called time outs, we called plays that worked and would have gotten us points but the passes were off.

Just stop okay, Clark caught a high ass pass from Joe that sparked the Dynasty.

The Pass to Morgan wasn't nearly as high. Morgan needs to keep that left foot below his freakin waist so he can get both feet down. In any case it would have reasonably been tough. The DB knocked him backward and out of bounds. THEY CAN DO THAT NOW Y'KNOW.

The Pass to Norris was so Catchable my Dead Gramma woulda caught it and spiked the ball right in front of Trufant.

It had some touch on it too. But yup it's ALL Smith's fault. Nobody else needs to man up and take the blame. Tree doesn't have to take the blame for the 2 INTs' and the Line don't have to take the blame for not getting off the ball in Rushing downs or allowing free Defenders around them. Staley himself looked like crap, but I guess since it's Alex under Center, it's to be expected.

I don't know what more you want from the guy. Maybe he should have the Opponents put him on an operating table at the 50 and carve him up like the Christmas goose before you people can admit that it's not ALL on the QB.

~Ceadder
I think Mike Singletary himself said that how the team fares this season depends on how they take care of the little details.

It is a terrible feeling when you know what your problem is and you also know or realize that you are incapable of fixing it.
We are the blind leading the blind.

Shame on the coaches for not being prepared. However, Alex being the seasoned veteran like he is, should have just got on the line and called a play. What do they do all offseason if not prepare for situations like this? Would Peyton Manning have sat there crying for a play or would he have taken control and put his team on the line to run a play. Life is not always on a script and sometimes you have to go with what you have. PATHETIC.
Share 49ersWebzone