LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn's interesting read!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • bret
  • Veteran
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100912/NEWS/100919871/1057/SPORTS0908?p=all&tc=pgall&tc=ar
without a doubt singletary and raye are full of s**t. dumb and dumber need to get their s**t together monday, im glad alex is telling it like it is, now only if he would fix his damn accuracy
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
without a doubt singletary and raye are full of s**t. dumb and dumber need to get their s**t together monday, im glad alex is telling it like it is, now only if he would fix his damn accuracy

come on man

it still comes down to execution, which Alex failed miserably at yesterday.

Whoever called the play to Norris and Morgan in the endzone..those plays worked, both players were wide open, smith just f**ked up there. So what we called time outs, we called plays that worked and would have gotten us points but the passes were off.
It seemed like the snap was always coming with just one or two seconds left on the clock. The Seattle defense always had time to completely set on every play. Why on earth would there be two people relaying plays? I bet that's like an extra 5-10 seconds on every play or more it takes to get plays to Alex. Maybe this debacle will will change how plays are communicated down to the field. In a noisy stadium, having the play in time is so crucial because Alex also needed time to relay the plays to his line, including the two rookies.

I'm guessing that in the first home game we see next week, Alex is going to look 200% better with homefield advantage. If you noticed, after the Seattle crowd got into it, the Niners offense completely stalled. The play calling already sucks, but Raye is slow in getting the plays down to the field too. That's just perfect.
I badly want to take Sing on his word but I also watched Smiths Interview and he did sound sincere and I totally believe what he said (and applaud him for speaking it). So it makes me wonder....does Sings headset pick up the communication between coaches and Smith? Or is Ray feeding Sing some bull$hit and telling him that there are issues when there really arent, just to cover his own a$$??
Originally posted by d49izme:
I badly want to take Sing on his word but I also watched Smiths Interview and he did sound sincere and I totally believe what he said (and applaud him for speaking it). So it makes me wonder....does Sings headset pick up the communication between coaches and Smith? Or is Ray feeding Sing some bull$hit and telling him that there are issues when there really arent, just to cover his own a$$??

It was most likely Raye covering his own ass just like most workers would do...
I don't like to read any of Cohn's work. That's all.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

come on man

it still comes down to execution, which Alex failed miserably at yesterday.

Whoever called the play to Norris and Morgan in the endzone..those plays worked, both players were wide open, smith just f**ked up there. So what we called time outs, we called plays that worked and would have gotten us points but the passes were off.

i know we sucked in every aspect of the game, no way im saying we played good to average. why the f**k do you have norris go out for the pass, the play call was perfect but they had the most unathletic guy going out. smith is not calling the plays its raye falling asleep at the booth and getting the plays late. i dont understand why raye has to get them to johnson then to smith?? the picks were crabtree's dumb ass running wrong routes and deflecting passes, but smith inaccuracy always throwing high cost him as well as the pass that didnt get to ginn when he clearly burned his man
Originally posted by d49izme:

I think that Sing was planning on covering Raye's ass and simply forgot to warn Smith about it.

Now he's gonna have to put out that fire.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Between the coaching staff mess and alex's accuracy all I can say is..

What a flippen mess!!

This was the biggest play that Smith made all day. Smith basically went up there and said "If your going to put the season success on my shoulders, if your going to let the media hype me up and name me a captain and the undisputed QB of the 49ers then don't screw this team with your coaching. My headset works fine, you need to call the plays faster."

I am thankful that smith did this, we have not seen anyone publicly hold our Coaches and Sing most of all responsible. Lack of effort and play falls on the players. Play calling and overall game readiness (including helmet radios) falls on coaches and staff.

I think what got me ticked the most is that in the 2nd and 3rd quarter every time they showed Sing he was over there smiling like a dam idiot.

[ Edited by 49Gorillas on Sep 13, 2010 at 09:47:03 ]
Originally posted by 49Gorillas:
This was the biggest play that Smith made all day. Smith basically went up there and said "If your going to put the season success on my shoulder, if your going to let the media hype me up and name me a captain and the undisputed QB of the 49ers then don't screw this team with your coaching. My headset works fine, you need to call the plays faster."

I am thankful that smith did this, we have not seen anyone publicly hold our Coaches and Sing most of all responsible. Lack of effort and play falls on the players. Play calling and and overall game readiness (including helmet radios) falls on coaches and staff.

I think what got me ticked the most is that in the 2nd and 3rd quarter every time they showed Sing he was over there smiling like a dam idiot.

I think Sing was smiling cause he was thinking "What a f**king mess we are".
  • dugo
  • Veteran
No doubt the play calling had a gang of issues ,from late calls getting into Alex, to down right stupid calls...but Alex still played terrible. I didn't see any true leadership from him. he didn't nor does he ever overcome any adversity. A good team leader makes things happen. I'm not saying everything was his fault yesterday...but his excution was beyond terrible.
Jimmy rayes playcalling is so wrong for this team and Sings philosophy of run and then run some more is gonna add up to a lot of losses. Not that we're not talented in the running aspect of the game but with No imagination ,no keeping defenses guessing
not utilizing our other playermakers to bring balance is just gonna add up to another long season...
Originally posted by 49Gorillas:
This was the biggest play that Smith made all day. Smith basically went up there and said "If your going to put the season success on my shoulders, if your going to let the media hype me up and name me a captain and the undisputed QB of the 49ers then don't screw this team with your coaching. My headset works fine, you need to call the plays faster."

I am thankful that smith did this, we have not seen anyone publicly hold our Coaches and Sing most of all responsible. Lack of effort and play falls on the players. Play calling and overall game readiness (including helmet radios) falls on coaches and staff.

lol I wish he said those exact words

[ Edited by defenderDX on Sep 13, 2010 at 09:58:07 ]
Basic communication model...sender sends message to receiver of message.

For the 9ers...sender (Ray) sends message (play) to another sender (QB coach Mike Johnson) who sends message to receiver of message (Smith).

In a game with time constraints like the play clock, it seems the basic communication model would work best. One sender to get the message to the receiver of the message.

I fear our coaching staff lacks the sophistication of working with a modern day team in a modern day game.

Hurry up and send the damn message!
Share 49ersWebzone