LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

1 of 15 3rd down converted

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I thought that would be fixed.. it's very hard to succeed with that percentage rate. It looked like last season all over again. I think if alex is to be captain 3rd downs lie in his hands not "management". no matter what the situation, plays coming in late whatever. not saying he's a bust but saying step it up!
Alex is just garbage. He is never going to be what we need him to be
Look what we got calling plays. JR. What more is there to say? Oh, yeah, and he checks with BM(bigmike) probably too. What a duo.
I think the numbers are bad only because we were trying to catch up from being down 28-6. The defense knows you're going to throw on 3rd. Plus there were a few draw on 3rd down when the coaches went conservative trying to get out of inside the 15yds. If you look at how many 1st down the team got that would be a better indication. This offense can move the ball. It's the numerous miscues that makes it so terrible.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 13, 2010 at 08:09:53 ]
I saw this stat after the game and was amazed. I knew the offense was BAD but 1 of 15 is simply insane. You'd think dumb luck would get you at least 2.
Originally posted by keeferr75:
I thought that would be fixed.. it's very hard to succeed with that percentage rate. It looked like last season all over again. I think if alex is to be captain 3rd downs lie in his hands not "management". no matter what the situation, plays coming in late whatever. not saying he's a bust but saying step it up!

Captin of f**king what ? Practice !
Originally posted by HandBert:

No he isn't garbage. And this is way too simplistic an attitude. The problems lie wider than one player.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think the numbers are bad only because we were trying to catch up from being down 28-6. The defense knows you're going to throw on 3rd. Plus there were a few draw on 3rd down when the coaches went conservative trying to get out of inside the 15yds. If you look at how many 1st down the team got that would be a better indication. This offense can move the ball. It's the numerous miscues that makes it so terrible.

We were something like 1-7 in the first half and 1-5 when we actually had the lead at the begining of the game...
Originally posted by D_Niner:

We were something like 1-7 in the first half and 1-5 when we actually had the lead at the begining of the game...

Pretty sure we have more first downs than 1-7 in the first half just by watching the game.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by HandBert:

No he isn't garbage. And this is way too simplistic an attitude. The problems lie wider than one player.

When you have one player that turned over the ball twice giving the opponent 14 points the problem starts to narrow. It gets even more focused when that same player cannot deliver in pressure situations and misses TD's so we have to settle for FGs or turning the ball over on downs. When you tally up the score and see that that one player cost us 21 points and spotted the opponent another 14 it gets further refined.

I think others have fault but the majority of fault is with Alex...

Originally posted by D_Niner:

Pretty sure we have more first downs than 1-7 in the first half just by watching the game.

We sure did; but, were counting 3rd down conversions here (not 1st)...
the thing that kinda made me a lil iffy on alex was during his post game interview he didn't take any blame. not saying he has to but hearing spikes after the game it felt like spikes was saying how the d played was unacceptable and that should never happen. alex took no responsibility. more like managements fault for key situations and they need to fix that. i really think next week is gonna be a telling time for him even in pressing situations. which also includes 3rd downs.
With a few exceptions, Josh Morgan has a very difficult time getting separation from his defender. The Niners throw mainly dink and dunk passes. Wouldn't it make sense to get a Wes Welker waterbug type of receiver instead? I'll go back to argue that Jason Hill did a better job of getting open for the short/intermediate route than Morgan. Oh wait...they cut Jason Hill

[ Edited by pete98146 on Sep 13, 2010 at 09:52:10 ]
f**k 1-15

Niners have converted twice in their past 28 third-down chances at Seattle.

2-28 in two games at Seattle
Very, very discouraging.
Share 49ersWebzone