There are 318 users in the forums

We will still finish ahead of Seattle

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Someone here said it best a few days ago: Teams with first year head coaches usually come storming out the gate and blowout their opponent. We did it during that 2-14 Erickson season and then the 4-12 Nolan season. I still think the seahawks overplayed their talent level and will cave this season. I just don't think Hasselbeck is that good and he will be figured out. I also believe this is a blessing in disguise. Let the Seahwaks get real high on themselves, only to face reality later this season. We played like sh*t, but i know deep down we are the better team.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Someone here said it best a few days ago: Teams with first year head coaches usually come storming out the gate and blowout their opponent. We did it during that 2-14 Erickson season and then the 4-12 Nolan season. I still think the seahawks overplayed their talent level and will cave this season. I just don't think Hasselbeck is that good and he will be figured out. I also believe this is a blessing in disguise. Let the Seahwaks get real high on themselves, only to face reality later this season. We played like sh*t, but i know deep down we are the better team.

I agree (except that 2003 was Erickson's first year and the Niners went 7-9).
We better....this teams needs to get its act together
Not relevant. They kicked our ass in the first game. Right now, that's all that matters.

Now we're facing NO.

Tough to start 0-2.
doesnt say much, seattle is still a BAD team.
We better. What happened on the field yesterday was disgraceful. And in my mind, it wasn't even so much that Seattle is even that good, we beat ourselves out there.

-Alex was overthrowing receivers all day. I went hoarse yelling at the TV after he overthrew Norris in the end zone.

If we want to see the playoffs, we can NOT have those types of mistakes.

-And even when Alex was on target, the receivers were dropping easy catches, or popping them up for INT's (Crabtree). This points to lack of focus.

-I think the O-Line did well pass blocking, but couldn't get a push in the run game to save their lives. The fact that they failed time and again to convert down-and-one situations is VERY concerning because this is supposed to be the focal point of our offense. This needs to be fixed. Yesterday.

-Nate Clements should be called out for CONSTANTLY biting on double moves, and then getting beat. That's just inexcusable for a vet of his caliber (and salary).

-Bench Haralson, and start LaBoy. And once Brooks gets back maybe then we'll have a real pass rush.

-The D-Line was solid as always, and kept Seattle's running game in check. That's about the only bright spot from yesterday.
So what? All that means is we suck and the Seahawks suck more. Isn't anyone tired of the mediocrity of this team. We should not be having to settle for just trying to make the playoffs. We aren't just any other franchise. We are 49ers. We dominated for nearly 20 years. We used to play for SB's every single year. Now we are f'ing joke. We are going to go 7-9, maybe 6-10 and win the NFC West. That's is nothing to be proud of. That means our division is just that terrible, but so are we. Oh, and by the way, anyone want to bet who the team to beat will be for the 5 years...the Rams. Bradford is going to be rediculous. You don't beat elite QB's with a Chicago Bears 1980's style; not in this era.

We have a terrrible QB, and a throwback coach (who is also not very good). Seriously, what kind of organization fires the worst coach in the teams history (Mike Nolan) and replaces him with a first year unproven commodity like Singletary. You know who does that? Crappy organizations like the 49ers do that.

At some point, the fans of this team are going to have stand up and demand better. That means not supporting the current ownership and sending letters en masse demanding they sell this franchise to someone who actually cares about winning. That means demanding that Coach Sing be replaced before the end of the year. That means setting up protests in front of the Headquarters. Say what you want folks, but mediocrity is going to continue to haunt this team until the fans and media start calling for heads.

That means not jumping on the bandwagon next week after we play a good game against the Saints, 'cause we will. We will because we have too much talent not to play better. That said, we will turn around the next week and lay another egg and this pattern will continue for another year, and another year after that, or until we get people in the front office (excluding Baalke) who know what the ef they are doing.

Yes, I am still pissed. Thanks for noticing
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I for one have been a diehard fan since the 80's. We've had our ups and downs yes I agree. Here's my thinking......This is the first year that Alex has had the same coordinator for 2 years straight. He put in the hard work in the offseason to get the offense down. So I'm giving him a little room to show us that the Seattle game was just a bad game, not just on Alex but the whole team. I'm not defending him by all means but for me it takes more than one game to start the hate talk. He's been in the league for years, yes, but how many coordinators has he had? He's a vet, I understand, but you gotta give him a couple games to show us what he's learned. We need to wipe the past clean and focus on this year, if he doesn't put up some wins in the next 5-6 games, then we can start talking dumping him, maybe put in Carr. Lets now forget, our so-called top 10 defense didn't help as well. If it wasn't for the missed judgements on Clements and the other CB, the hawks wouldn't have gotten the 2 easy TD's. Our defense has as much to blame as Alex and his poor throws. The O-Line didn't even play decent either, no push at all on those 4th down plays. Everyone is blaming Alex, when the whole team didn't come to play yesterday.

If we don't turn it around startign with the Saints and the next 4-5 games, if we don't beat the Saints then at least make it a game, then we can start throwing the hate.
It has really come down to this? That we will still finish ahead of SEA? Wow, talk about dumbing down expectations. Look, we have real good talent out there, more than we have had in 8 yrs. And they played terribly, virtually at most positions. LB, the position our HC knows...hey, they played well. The rest of the positions that HC doesn't know...they played like stiffs. That is HCs fault, and OCs fault. Players play how they are coached...and they were coached really poorly. Too poorly for a HC to keep his job. Inexperience that i had worried about and posted on long ago, has become painfully apparent. Time for BM( bigmike) to go back to coach at college level, and learn how to coach DBs, DLs, Wrs, TEs, RBs, QBs, OCs, DCs, STs. BM got us to here. He isn't taking us any farther. We need a real coach, one with the experience and creds to do that, and he better be an OC by nature, or we won't get a good OC for more than one yr, max. Finish ahead of SEA? hey, great, right on.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
It has really come down to this? That we will still finish ahead of SEA? Wow, talk about dumbing down expectations. Look, we have real good talent out there, more than we have had in 8 yrs. And they played terribly, virtually at most positions. LB, the position our HC knows...hey, they played well. The rest of the positions that HC doesn't know...they played like stiffs. That is HCs fault, and OCs fault. Players play how they are coached...and they were coached really poorly. Too poorly for a HC to keep his job. Inexperience that i had worried about and posted on long ago, has become painfully apparent. Time for BM( bigmike) to go back to coach at college level, and learn how to coach DBs, DLs, Wrs, TEs, RBs, QBs, OCs, DCs, STs. BM got us to here. He isn't taking us any farther. We need a real coach, one with the experience and creds to do that, and he better be an OC by nature, or we won't get a good OC for more than one yr, max. Finish ahead of SEA? hey, great, right on.

I like how everyone seems to think that everyone played badly the whole way. Alex Smith looked like Peyton Manning in the first quarter. Everything went to s**t when he starting throwing to Crabtree and Clements was called for PI when he should've had a pick 6 and was held. Alex Smith looked really good, and if he can play like that the whole way, we're going to be in good shape. I saw a lot of promising things.

I chalk up the loss to Crabtree's lack of a pre-season, the inability to get a push at the line. Gore's biggest gain was 10 yards, and that was a killer. Vernon quietly put together a pretty good game with 8 catches and 70 some odd yards. I feel like we got away from our strengths to force this Singletary rushing gambit again. If we had thrown down field on 2nd and shorts, common sense says you take a shot when you can and have nothing to lose. Jimmy Raye seems incapable of calling those big plays. Alright, time to get back to work. But all hope is not lost, like this pansy is predicting.

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

I like how everyone seems to think that everyone played badly the whole way. Alex Smith looked like Peyton Manning in the first quarter. Everything went to s**t when he starting throwing to Crabtree and Clements was called for PI when he should've had a pick 6 and was held. Alex Smith looked really good, and if he can play like that the whole way, we're going to be in good shape. I saw a lot of promising things.

I chalk up the loss to Crabtree's lack of a pre-season, the inability to get a push at the line. Gore's biggest gain was 10 yards, and that was a killer. Vernon quietly put together a pretty good game with 8 catches and 70 some odd yards. I feel like we got away from our strengths to force this Singletary rushing gambit again. If we had thrown down field on 2nd and shorts, common sense says you take a shot when you can and have nothing to lose. Jimmy Raye seems incapable of calling those big plays. Alright, time to get back to work. But all hope is not lost, like this pansy is predicting.

Totally agree. Its a down day for me because of the loss, but I'll get up from it and look forward again to the next Monday night, as the whole team should. Learn from what you didn't do and hope to play nearly perfect against the saints. At home, in primetime, its the perfect stage. Look at what we did to AZ at home Monday night when the game counted, we totally put them out of their rythm and won the game, so its not impossible.
Share 49ersWebzone