LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Sing's philosophy and the reality

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
His philosophy works if your QB can scare the defense and the offensive line can get some push, neither of these things happened. Smith looked like the same QB from a couple years ago and the offensive line was total garbage. I feel bad for Frank Gore, poor guy had no lanes, holes or chance to get to the second level. The team I saw yesterday looked exactly like the team last year and the year before, with zero improvement.

Was it a fluke? I will tell you what I think about that next Tuesday morning.
Originally posted by Chief:
His philosophy works if your QB can scare the defense and the offensive line can get some push, neither of these things happened. Smith looked like the same QB from a couple years ago and the offensive line was total garbage. I feel bad for Frank Gore, poor guy had no lanes, holes or chance to get to the second level. The team I saw yesterday looked exactly like the team last year and the year before, with zero improvement.

Was it a fluke? I will tell you what I think about that next Tuesday morning.

I agree, the Oline played like garbarge. I'm an Alex Smith supporter, but he played like garbage too. Alex is not the only QB that plays behind a bad Oline. I would love to say that yesterdays loss was not his fault, but I can't based on what I saw. Clearly he is part of the problem. If its the play calling then give Alex the green light to call his own plays....... What happened to the Defense?

After yesterday I'm ready to see a new HC, OC and QB.
Every game I realize that the team has not progressed at all since the Nolan era. Nolan never accepted responsibility for lack of preparation, play calling or scheme, and Singletary is exactly the same.
By no means, am I saying that the players were not guilty for the end result, but as a coach at some point you need to make adjustments and look for solutions. With Singletary once the original plan fails everything goes down with it.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Did they run ANY running play outside the tackles? Hell, did they run ANY running play outside the guards?

If you think the brute strength of your players is going to be enough when you haven't made your opponent respect your ability to stretch the field not just vertically, but also horizontally, then you are delusional!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Sing is a Liar
Look fortyniners fans we have to brace for impact. Once norleans cleans our clocks all hell is going to break loose.

I ve always said that as long as their is hope you go with the status quo. After next week there will be no hope left so brace yourselves.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by znk916:
Quote:
Years before he got the 49ers job, Mike Singletary spelled out how he would coach a team if given the chance.

In his autobiographical "Mike Singletary One-on-One," published in 2005, he vowed: "I'm going to run it, run it and run it some more -- and toss an occasional deep pass for balance."

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_16017121?nclick_check=1

So uh...what happened to the deep pass? Every pass play was underneath 10 yards until we fell behind in the 2nd half and Alex chucked incomplete after incomplete.

Alex is too afraid to fail, he's also a QB who is too timid to take risks because he lacks accuracy and has an average arm.

well said, the only shot ive seen him throw in the endzone was to morgan, think he is way too scared to make a mistake.
I disagree. If we fail, DB,QB, DL, OL, RB, it is always the coaches fault. He is responsible. If his asst coaches fail , he needs to fire them. he hasn't and subsequently, bigmike needs to go. Rah rah got us only so far. We need a real HC/oc, and we need them now. Try tony dungy for starters, just for a yr to get us time to find and hire a real coach. Guy we got out there now is not up to the job. He needs to go learn how to coach, at every position ,and in college. But HC of 9ers? That is as ridiculous as day jed announced it, and leads to disasters like we saw yesterday.
the philosophy - smashmouth
the reality - 17 carries for Gore - 45 passes for Alex

the philosophy - disciplined
the reality - can't get in play calls consistently, 8 penaltys for 60 yards

the philosophy - mistake free
the reality - 2 picks a fumble + turnovers on downs
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

The philosophy - selfless play
the reality - CBs gambling for the pick 6 and giving up TDs.

The philosophy = Old School.

The Reality = Obsolete.

And the world will see how obsolete this philosophy is when we face the most-advanced philosophy on Monday Night.
Sing's a great motivator. End of story. And Raye is, well, Raye. Neither has a creative mind and can't coach on the run to save his life. That was evident last year and yesterday. Yeah, it was only one game, but it really wasn't, and Seattle was clearly better prepared (with a rookie coach and under some turmoil of their own). It was a continuation of last season and suggests this could be a long year. No choice but to sit back and see how it plays out.
Originally posted by verb1der:
The philosophy = Old School.

The Reality = Obsolete.

And the world will see how obsolete this philosophy is when we face the most-advanced philosophy on Monday Night.

I fear you're probably right. The QB is more important now than ever to NFL success. Brees is one of the best ever.

The measure of a QB is will this guy lead us to a Super Bowl Championship? If the answer is anything other than yes then you need to find another QB.
  • bret
  • Veteran
The philosophy - fysical

the reality - 2 yards per carry
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

The philosophy - selfless play
the reality - CBs gambling for the pick 6 and giving up TDs.

These are spot on.
Share 49ersWebzone