LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 134 users in the forums

What the heck happened to our defense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Apone
  • Veteran
What the heck happened? With the offense at least you can make the excuses that Alex Stinks, Crabs has a vagina, a JR is a sleep, but the defense? Wasn't that suppose to be our strength?

I haven't seen that kind of piss poor tackling since Nolan was a coach. Barely any pass pressure, with only 3 QB hits against a patched up o-line. Even with Nate being Nate, the other DBs played like s**t. Goldsen can kiss my ass with his contract demands until he can prove that he is not the next Lance Shulters. Fluke or are we overrated?
Originally posted by Apone:
What the heck happened? With the offense at least you can make the excuses that Alex Stinks, Crabs has a vagina, a JR is a sleep, but the defense? Wasn't that suppose to be our strength?

I haven't seen that kind of piss poor tackling since Nolan was a coach. Barely any pass pressure, with only 3 QB hits against a patched up o-line. Even with Nate being Nate, the other DBs played like s**t. Goldsen can kiss my ass with his contract demands until he can prove that he is not the next Lance Shulters. Fluke or are we overrated?

No excuses like Spikes says no matter where they get the ball we have to stop them but.... basically, I think they gave up after the offense (and refs once) kept screwing them over.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:

No excuses like Spikes says no matter where they get the ball we have to stop them but.... basically, I think they gave up after the offense (and refs once) kept screwing them over.

I dont think the D gave a f**k in the second half... they looked pretty good at first but there wasnt much to fight for after that.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

I dont think the D gave a f**k in the second half... they looked pretty good at first but there wasnt much to fight for after that.

pretty much this, just completely demoralized in the 2nd half...whatever happened after 21-6 is mostly irrelevant imo

the first half TDs pretty much came down to Mike Lewis getting schooled on a cutback by Mike Williams, and T. Brown foolishly trying to jump a route without safety help over the top.

and the phantom PI on Clements
Originally posted by znk916:

pretty much this, just completely demoralized in the 2nd half...whatever happened after 21-6 is mostly irrelevant imo

the first half TDs pretty much came down to Mike Lewis getting schooled on a cutback by Mike Williams, and T. Brown foolishly trying to jump a route without safety help over the top.

The pump fake got em.

It did look as if the team as a whole gave up after that pick 6.
Originally posted by Joecool:

The pump fake got em.

It was before that. Right after the Seahawks 2nd easy f**king touchdown, I think it was 14-6. That's when they gave up. The entire f**king team. No one looked like they gave a s**t. f**king pussies.

Our DBs were too slow. TBrown gets owned like a dumbass and has no shot of recovering, Nate gets burned, Mike Lewis got owned by Mike friggin Williams, the only one who looked decent was Spencer. Goldson wants to get paid because he's supposed to be a playmaker but he didn't do anything. I want to see Reggie Smith instead of Mike Lewis, or TMays or whatever. Jeez though.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Joecool:

The pump fake got em.

It was before that. Right after the Seahawks 2nd easy f**king touchdown, I think it was 14-6. That's when they gave up. The entire f**king team. No one looked like they gave a s**t. f**king pussies.

That's what happens when they are being fed rah rah and not actual information on how to fix the problems. On top of that, Alex started out so good but once they got down, he completely got rattled and couldn't hit anyone.

[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 12, 2010 at 23:35:38 ]
One thing I found amusing were analyst statements that the defenses were ahead of the offenses this week, when talking about other games.

Not in our case. We got owned on both sides of the ball.
our secondary sucks

Originally posted by Daniel2778:
our secondary sucks
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Our DBs were too slow. TBrown gets owned like a dumbass and has no shot of recovering, Nate gets burned, Mike Lewis got owned by Mike friggin Williams, the only one who looked decent was Spencer. Goldson wants to get paid because he's supposed to be a playmaker but he didn't do anything. I want to see Reggie Smith instead of Mike Lewis, or TMays or whatever. Jeez though.

Spencer got owned by Branch. He has no excuse either.

And ST sure didn't help much in the 2nd Half imho.

~Ceadder
We baby a weak ass offense.....You think teams will respect our defense when our offense scores what 3 points...........

Really, what would you do if you coached against the Niners? I'd throw deep early and often...What is our lousy offense gonna do? Beside give the ball back or kick?

No matter what our Defense is f*ck with our crap offense at its side....has been for years!

true
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Insert Mays
Share 49ersWebzone