LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Singletary should call himself out

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sing loves pointing the finger at other people. When does he begin to shoulder some of the blame? 3 redzone trips, 6 points. Zero points in the 2nd half. Bell cow Gore gets 17 carries for 38 yards. We burn 3 timeouts because we cant get the call in. We dont run on short yardage 3rd and 4th downs. Worst of all, his second half adjustments resulted in the offense and defense both getting worse.

The knock on Sing is rearing its head early this year. He offers nothing to the offensive side of the ball except for the occasional pep talk. He does not know how to get the anything out of the offense, and his OC Jimmy Raye is equally inept. Sing got all of the toys he wanted this offseason. He got Ginn, as well as the two rookies (which Ill add both got owned today, Iupati was especially disappointing). No more excuses for Sing. His lack of knowledge and creativity on offense, and game managment in general, costed us the game today. We were not ready today, and thats on Sing.

Singletary gets a big fat F- today. Being outcoached by an undermanned rookie HC in his first game and got blown out, he should be ashamed.

The honeymoon is over Sing.

I said it last year Sing has some great points but Xes and Oes are not his strength!
Yeah, no.

What does he do?

He thanks Pete Carroll
Throwing others under the bus...something he learned from his buddy Mike Nolan.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
and he blames players of work ethics
Honestly, what he should do, a man of extra-ordinary principles, is own up to the fact that he rescued this team , helped restore order, and helped bring in good talent. Unfortunately his lack of any previous coaching except for LBs, is and was grossly inadequate to be a HC...and he has proved that. I say, let him man up, admit he is in over his head, has a huge learning curve ahead, and step down to Div 2 in NCAA and try to land a job coaching QB,RB, OL, WR, TE, DL, DB,and ST, OC, DC, HC...taking time to coach each and every position. He tried to skip jump the stuff he really needed to learn by experience, and it didn't work. Accept it. Were I in his shoes, I would offer my resignation,and so should JR.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Honestly, what he should do, a man of extra-ordinary principles, is own up to the fact that he rescued this team , helped restore order, and helped bring in good talent. Unfortunately his lack of any previous coaching except for LBs, is and was grossly inadequate to be a HC...and he has proved that. I say, let him man up, admit he is in over his head, has a huge learning curve ahead, and step down to Div 2 in NCAA and try to land a job coaching QB,RB, OL, WR, TE, DL, DB,and ST, OC, DC, HC...taking time to coach each and every position. He tried to skip jump the stuff he really needed to learn by experience, and it didn't work. Accept it. Were I in his shoes, I would offer my resignation,and so should JR.

wow one game and its time for him to quit........

[ Edited by Ajanke on Sep 12, 2010 at 21:36:37 ]
He can't do that. Jesse Jackson would be there on the next flight to accuse the 49ers of racism. It's not his fault he's inept. What do you expect from someone who went to Baylor. Maxine Nightingale started her professional music career at 16 years old, singing in local clubs.
Originally posted by fly15:

He can do that if he wants to.

[ Edited by niners94 on Sep 12, 2010 at 21:41:00 ]

No way is this racism. This is just plain old incompetence. Who i would love to see come here? Tony Dungy...or someone of equal stature who has the creds, who has the experience, who has started at the bottom and worked his way up...smartly. Racism...nah, no way man...altho i know that was said tongue in cheek.
What he needs to do is look at himself in the mirror, and b***h his self out yelling "I WANT WINNERS!!"

*knock knock*

"Coach u okay?"

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by fly15:

He can do that if he wants to.

I agree to a certain extent because you kind of went overboard. It's tough but you can make up for your lack of X's and O's but you have to have that much more will. You have to want it more and play like a team every single day. He will have to learn the X's and O's and game management as he goes along. And quickly at that....

Edit: I am sure that Singletary has put blame on himself in the past. I hope he does it in the next few days as well.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 12, 2010 at 22:29:18 ]
Share 49ersWebzone