There are 156 users in the forums

49ers Hold "Special" Team meeting after Flight

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Was it held to decide on who will smack Crabtree?

I have this in mind for crabtree....

• ZRF80
I am praying that this game ends up being a blessing in disguise. Maybe these 2-0 / 2-1 starts these past few seasons have given the team false reassurances, setting us up for major pitfalls later in the season (eg talking about getting revenge on Minnesota in the post season last year). Maybe this kind of loss to that kind of team (Seattle) is exactly what the Niners needed. Maybe under a frenzied crowd we'll come out on fire........more than we would have had we killed the Hawks this week.

I hope Smith proves me wrong.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
I am praying that this game ends up being a blessing in disguise. Maybe these 2-0 / 2-1 starts these past few seasons have given the team false reassurances, setting us up for major pitfalls later in the season (eg talking about getting revenge on Minnesota in the post season last year). Maybe this kind of loss to that kind of team (Seattle) is exactly what the Niners needed. Maybe under a frenzied crowd we'll come out on fire........more than we would have had we killed the Hawks this week.

I hope he does, too. He has a lot to prove after this goose egg.

its not how you start its how you finish
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

The entire team does not just Alex.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Agreed. The person that I hope proves me most wrong is Singletary... I have never lost faith in someone on our team as quickly as I did today... What an unbelievably bad game plan and execution of clock/TO management.

That was your most positive post in a long time. Wow. haha.
The thing I hated the most from this performance was the quitting by the players. Even Singletary seemed to quit. He needs to be the one who pushes these guys to keep going, he's supposed to be a motivator. Looked like he was getting negative on the players, which wasn't the way to go IMO. Losing is OK in my book when you give it your all, but the way we went out doesn't roll with me. Just very disappointed.
Tall order against the World Champion Saints next monday

Agreed. The person that I hope proves me most wrong is Singletary... I have never lost faith in someone on our team as quickly as I did today... What an unbelievably bad game plan and execution of clock/TO management.

The team was not prepared at all and that falls on the coaching staff. The players are to blame as well for not being prepared maybe they fell in love with all the hype. This was a humbling game for them.

Hopefully they realize now this Division title wasnt just gonna be handed to us we have to go out and play. Play hard and play smart.

The play calls taking forever to come in is unacceptable.
Alex missing easy passes is unacceptable
The entire team stunk up the joint they need to get this s**t turned around now. The niners need a leader, Im anxious to see who steps up and takes that role

Originally posted by Method:
The thing I hated the most from this performance was the quitting by the players. Even Singletary seemed to quit. He needs to be the one who pushes these guys to keep going, he's supposed to be a motivator. Looked like he was getting negative on the players, which wasn't the way to go IMO. Losing is OK in my book when you give it your all, but the way we went out doesn't roll with me. Just very disappointed.

Yeah it really pissed me off how we would get in their territory in the 3rd and 4th Q and we would punt the ball rather than go for it. It seemed like we just gave up. And I didn't see any fire out of our D. Our O was just awful. How do you not score a TD vs Seattle?
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

That was your most positive post in a long time. Wow. haha.

I just want to win. Im sick of losing. I was in high school when the Niners won the Superbowl. Now Im married, graduated from med school, work as a hospitalist...and havent sniffed the playoffs in almost a decade. If it takes Alex Smith to go deep into the playoffs, Im all for it. I dont think he can do it, but that doesnt mean I dont want him to.

The team was not prepared at all and that falls on the coaching staff. The players are to blame as well for not being prepared maybe they fell in love with all the hype. This was a humbling game for them.

Hopefully they realize now this Division title wasnt just gonna be handed to us we have to go out and play. Play hard and play smart.

The play calls taking forever to come in is unacceptable.
Alex missing easy passes is unacceptable
The entire team stunk up the joint they need to get this s**t turned around now. The niners need a leader, Im anxious to see who steps up and takes that role

Vernon and Takeo need to gear up and get everyone fired up. Vernon is trying to but widdle Cwabtwee got his feewings hurt! f**king b***h. Vernon can be the leader we need on offense. I just WISH it was Alex Smith... You can tell he's not a leader just based on things like (I know this will sound stupid) the Joe Show. He just doesn't have a personality. All the QB leaders have fire and heart... Smith just is... he's just a p***y when it comes to leading and firing up his team.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

A freaking blight on humanity! Really he came from the Texans when the sucked played for us and we sucked, went to Detroit and they sucked, came back here and.....I think I see a pattern!
Share 49ersWebzone