There are 283 users in the forums

49ers Hold "Special" Team meeting after Flight

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by wadjay:
For what it's worth - did no one else notice that there was a defender darting in front of Alex on the throw to Norris? If he threw a normal pass instead of a lob it would have been swatted down or potentially picked at the line.

Unfortunately, the lob was a little too deep and Norris couldn't make a play.

I'm sick of hearing this. I have watched football for 13 years and seen that play 100 times. A. Smith, right after the play action, had a chance to dart it to Morris FTW. Instead, he hesitated, like he always does, and lobbed it over the defender's head. WATCH AGAIN. HE DID NOT NEED TO LOB IT! EVERY commentator, analyst, and expert will agree that pass was too high. TOO HIGH damnit.

All you Smith lovers get off his dick. He has been playing like s**t his whole career. CAn you name one game where he dominated? Even against the Rams we barely win with Smith at the healm. Can you people not see that?
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by JedYork:
I yelled @ them.

- JedYork

Thank you because Singletary needed to be yelled at too.

Half the team showed up late and blamed it on their Blackberrys, the others were walking around Rocklin wodering where the other guys were. Coach Sing was having an apoplectic fit , yelling on the PA system at Candlestick to an empty stadium, Jay Raye was curled up, sleeping on his sofa back in his room at his old folks home, Crabtree was trying on a new pair of $50,000 Nike runners on Rodeo drive and Vernon Davis was running around with a baseball bat in hand promising to carry out his duties as captain of the "team".

And just to show everyone how serious he was, Singletary got butt naked.
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
^The fact that you're putting blame on Norris for that play is mind boggling.

I blame Raye 90% for calling a play for Norris in the red zone for the second time after the first time already failed

5% on Norris for sucking at football

5% on Alex for not recognizing how bad Norris sucks and trying to lead him with the throw

I blame Singletary 90% for f**king going for it when he could have put his ego aside and taken the easy 3 points, and 10% on Smith for not hitting a wide open target. Dude f**king sucks!
PUT PLAY CALLING IN ALEX HANDS. This was something that was mentioned today to alex to help with the issue of time clock managent. (still have not figured it out 1 year later. lol) Quote from our clown qb " i have alot to do already. THats why we have an offensive coordinator. HAHHHHAHHH! Peyton manning hes not. Perfect example of a system qb who does not have the instincts to make it in the nfl. Go ahead niner clueless zoners who back this qb at 6 years in the league. This team is destined to fail. Hope singletary breaks the group meetings after meeting after loses. May have 15 more to come.
Didn't Singletary say all off-season "just watch".

Well, we watched what happened on Sunday. I don't know what to make of this special mtg after the game...I guess it's always ok to talk & encourage, and hopefully these players take something out of it.

The buck will always stop at the Head Coach. It's one game, but if we don't do anything about it, it will define our season.

Anyways, we've been here before, whatever.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Didn't Singletary say all off-season "just watch".

Well, we watched what happened on Sunday. I don't know what to make of this special mtg after the game...I guess it's always ok to talk & encourage, and hopefully these players take something out of it.

The buck will always stop at the Head Coach. It's one game, but if we don't do anything about it, it will define our season.

Anyways, we've been here before, whatever.

I never heard sing say that at all
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by wadjay:
For what it's worth - did no one else notice that there was a defender darting in front of Alex on the throw to Norris? If he threw a normal pass instead of a lob it would have been swatted down or potentially picked at the line.

Unfortunately, the lob was a little too deep and Norris couldn't make a play.

I'm sick of hearing this. I have watched football for 13 years and seen that play 100 times. A. Smith, right after the play action, had a chance to dart it to Morris FTW. Instead, he hesitated, like he always does, and lobbed it over the defender's head. WATCH AGAIN. HE DID NOT NEED TO LOB IT! EVERY commentator, analyst, and expert will agree that pass was too high. TOO HIGH damnit.

All you Smith lovers get off his dick. He has been playing like s**t his whole career. CAn you name one game where he dominated? Even against the Rams we barely win with Smith at the healm. Can you people not see that?

Sheesh, let's hold off on the anger for just a second here. I didn't say it was a good throw, just pointing out why I thought he lobbed the thing.

I don't think he hesitated. I think he needed to throw it over the defender. Unfortunately, the bottom line is that he threw a crappy pass and missed Norris high. I was just trying to bring some clarity on why he tried to throw it the way he did.
I guess this is Singletary's version of Tony Robbins the team until they expire from boredom. If he was a true leader he would fall on his sword for being a f**kup.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Ramp19Stoner:
Originally posted by ubaisore94:
Shouldnt Norris have caught that over his shoulder and gone in for the score....seems like that was a "leading" pass that he turned around to catch... (and I'm not on Alex's nuts, just asking other people that may have some receiving experience)...i was just a lineman :)

You're right he totally led him over the shoulder. If he would have just ran underneath the pass it would have dropped right into his hands. But Moran misjudged it and tried to adjust back to the inside which made it look like it was over thrown. At the same time Smith should realize that he's a fullback and not WR and isn't used to making over the shoulder catches. Also it wasn't necessary since he was so wide open but maybe that's where the route was supposed to end up and that where Smith was throwning and Moran adjusted to early when he saw the ball.

Smith had a bad game but I don't think it was as bad as people think. The 2 Int's were partly Carbtree's fault too. Especially the first one, if he just keeps his focus on catching the ball instead of trying to turn up the field before he has the ball then maybe he holds on to it instead of tipping it right into the DB's hands. The second one was half and half, just not being on the same page. Something that should've been corrected in preseason if somebody was able to practice with the rest of the offense. I'm not making excuses for Smith because he caved in after so many things didn't go his way! If he is going to lead us to the playoffs he has to overcome these kind of things against a team like the Seahawks! I'm rooting for the guy but if keeps folding every time things don't go perfect he'll be gone after this season.

Come on Niners you got the talent this year pull it together!

Actually Norris was already turned around before Smith even threw it. All Smtih had to do was put it on him. Meaning through it right to him. He tried to lead a backwards running FB. When tehre wasn't anyone close.

Same thing on the Morgan missed TD. He was so Wide open, he should've threw right to hjim and not put 90 miles of air underneath the ball. That gave the defender plenty of time to come over and knock him out of bounds.

I don't think Smith had as good as day as people suggest either. Alot of his completions were even high and wide. Which is par for the course but.... That doesn't allow the receivers running a route right at the sticks or jsut short of the sticks to get those extra yards to get the first.

He has had accuracy issues since day one. And contrary to popular opinion. Accuracy is the most important tool for a QB. To hell with size and arm strength.

Watch the replay before you start talking. He wasn't turned around when he through
the ball.

Also he had to put some air underneath the ball to get over the saftey that was closing in on him.

[ Edited by Ramp19Stoner on Sep 13, 2010 at 15:17:04 ]
*edit*

[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Sep 13, 2010 at 15:32:02 ]

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by niner_empire:
he's the barack obama of coaches. all talk no results.

I have been thinking that exact same thing for the better part of a year.

like obama, singletary has to clean up the mess left behind from 8 years of failure

Maybe the Franchise is working on an established "Universal Health Care Plan" before we start winning again.
Later on a "Special" Oprah, coach Sing clears the air! LOL it's football, we stank up the joint, no need to point fingers, no man has enough fingers to spread out the blame for sundays suckfest! Man up Sing you called the ball you took the shot, you are the man, it is all your fault, it we win it is all your glory, thats the head coach deal fair or not!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Ummmm I guess you don't remember or this is the first year you saw a 9er game but Alex has thrown to Norris before. Which came up big for a TD that he dove for.

Norris can catch. Which is why I was so pissed off about him leaving his feet to get a ball that actually had a bit of touch on it. It wasn't a rope or a laser. He had plenty of time and space to backpedal to get it. In fact he probably didn't need to stop and turn where he did.

Has anyone but me noticed that Smith actually has been patient enough to let his Receivers work free when he's had to roll out? Before he would roll out and take a glance and tuck it and move the ball himself.

Yesterday he didn't do that. He did everything he could to let his guys help him.

Well anyway not trying to turn this into a defend Smith or Bash Smith thread.

I just think that Norris blew it. Had he scored that would have demoralized Shattle. Instead...

~Ceadder

I don't think Norris blew it. It was a bad pass. Norris ran to the flat and immediately looked outside over his left shoulder. The pass should have been delivered outside to Norris' left hip or in that general area . . . but the pass sailed right and Norris couldn't adjust fast enough. Not his fault IMO.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by ubaisore94:
Shouldnt Norris have caught that over his shoulder and gone in for the score....seems like that was a "leading" pass that he turned around to catch... (and I'm not on Alex's nuts, just asking other people that may have some receiving experience)...i was just a lineman :)

You're right he totally led him over the shoulder. If he would have just ran underneath the pass it would have dropped right into his hands. But Moran misjudged it and tried to adjust back to the inside which made it look like it was over thrown. At the same time Smith should realize that he's a fullback and not WR and isn't used to making over the shoulder catches. Also it wasn't necessary since he was so wide open but maybe that's where the route was supposed to end up and that where Smith was throwning and Moran adjusted to early when he saw the ball.

Smith had a bad game but I don't think it was as bad as people think. The 2 Int's were partly Carbtree's fault too. Especially the first one, if he just keeps his focus on catching the ball instead of trying to turn up the field before he has the ball then maybe he holds on to it instead of tipping it right into the DB's hands. The second one was half and half, just not being on the same page. Something that should've been corrected in preseason if somebody was able to practice with the rest of the offense. I'm not making excuses for Smith because he caved in after so many things didn't go his way! If he is going to lead us to the playoffs he has to overcome these kind of things against a team like the Seahawks! I'm rooting for the guy but if keeps folding every time things don't go perfect he'll be gone after this season.

Come on Niners you got the talent this year pull it together!

Actually Norris was already turned around before Smith even threw it. All Smtih had to do was put it on him. Meaning through it right to him. He tried to lead a backwards running FB. When tehre wasn't anyone close.

Same thing on the Morgan missed TD. He was so Wide open, he should've threw right to hjim and not put 90 miles of air underneath the ball. That gave the defender plenty of time to come over and knock him out of bounds.

I don't think Smith had as good as day as people suggest either. Alot of his completions were even high and wide. Which is par for the course but.... That doesn't allow the receivers running a route right at the sticks or jsut short of the sticks to get those extra yards to get the first.

He has had accuracy issues since day one. And contrary to popular opinion. Accuracy is the most important tool for a QB. To hell with size and arm strength.

Watch the replay before you start talking. He wasn't turned around when he through
the ball.

Also he had to put some air underneath the ball to get over the saftey that was closing in on him.

lol, at Norris...he immediatly looks down the sideline like oh sh!t...sings going to rip my arse
Share 49ersWebzone