LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 162 users in the forums

49ers Hold "Special" Team meeting after Flight

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:

Yep. That's almost exactly the view I had of that play. 100% norris' fault. He turned, stumbled and flopped like an uncoordinated boob. Any other athlete would have still caught it. He was so open he could have caught it, fallen on his back and rolled into the end zone. Embarrassing!

My thoughts exactly. Why is Norris touching the football? He should never be thrown a pass. His pads are too big, restricting his movement. He can't possibly get his arms up, let alone turn his head to see a pass coming from behind. Byham or Walker should've been used in those redzone situations. Why can't Raye be just a little creative?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:

Yep. That's almost exactly the view I had of that play. 100% norris' fault. He turned, stumbled and flopped like an uncoordinated boob. Any other athlete would have still caught it. He was so open he could have caught it, fallen on his back and rolled into the end zone. Embarrassing!

My thoughts exactly. Why is Norris touching the football? He should never be thrown a pass. His pads are too big, restricting his movement. He can't possibly get his arms up, let alone turn his head to see a pass coming from behind. Byham or Walker should've been used in those redzone situations. Why can't Raye be just a little creative?

Should have just lined up D.Walker back there, he should always be in on the goal line.
Originally posted by niner_empire:
he's the barack obama of coaches. all talk no results.

But Sing is still yoked and would give Obama a beatin if he didn't have the Secret Service to even the odds.

Have to say though you can't even begin to compare Sing's foibles to Obama. Sing at least gets some things right. Obama...

...well let's just say that we'll be paying for his mistakes long after I'm dead and gone.

~Ceadder

racist

This won't do sh**. They can talk all they want. They are still the same bunch of sorry losers they have been for the better part of a decade. The names change but it stays the same.
  • obx49
  • Veteran

They were trying to get Norris involved waaaaay too much. One play that got me really f**king angry was the 3 and goal on the 1 yard line. Rather than handing it off to our stud RB they allow Moran "who the f**k is" Norris get the ball. Great play call Raye really freaking tricky.
  • obx49
  • Veteran

Double post

[ Edited by obx49 on Sep 13, 2010 at 01:06:35 ]

Raye doesn't call personnel packs during Game time. He doesn't have enough time to do that AND have the play down to the QB Coach. That one is on Sing.

I just didn't understand why Norris even felt the need to leave his feet. He didn't even have to raise his arms to get it either. Just backpedal and get the FK'n thing.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by obx49:

They were trying to get Norris involved waaaaay too much. One play that got me really f**king angry was the 3 and goal on the 1 yard line. Rather than handing it off to our stud RB they allow Moran "who the f**k is" Norris get the ball. Great play call Raye really freaking tricky.

Yeah. We have 3 VERY talented HBs, yet Norris is the guy tabbed for goalline duty?
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Raye doesn't call personnel packs during Game time. He doesn't have enough time to do that AND have the play down to the QB Coach. That one is on Sing.

I just didn't understand why Norris even felt the need to leave his feet. He didn't even have to raise his arms to get it either. Just backpedal and get the FK'n thing.

~Ceadder

yah, people bash alex for that throw but if you watch closely norris hesitates stumbles and drops it.

The coaching was pretty bad. I didn't enjoy getting heckled by Seahawk fans today while Carroll and Co. schooled our staff. Who punts with nine minutes left at midfield when down by 22 with only seven yards to go? Gggrrrrrrr!

[ Edited by Kilgore_Trout on Sep 13, 2010 at 02:13:48 ]
Any news on this yet? I seriously hope Willis, Vernon and Spikes went Ape s**t on everybody.
Originally posted by Shaj:

I have been thinking that exact same thing for the better part of a year.

like obama, singletary has to clean up the mess left behind from 8 years of failure
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by Shaj:

I have been thinking that exact same thing for the better part of a year.

like obama, singletary has to clean up the mess left behind from 8 years of failure

Is someone collecting unemployment???

I was thinking both Gore and Westbrook in the backfield, then pass to WB would've been better.
Share 49ersWebzone