LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

Am I the only one who sees that we are better in the Gun

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is really starting to bother me but since last year we are much more effective in 3 to 4 receiver sets and in the shotgun. That run play out of I that we run with the fold block from the guard works once a game but we run it over and over for minimal gains.
Originally posted by LB49ers:
This is really starting to bother me but since last year we are much more effective in 3 to 4 receiver sets and in the shotgun. That run play out of I that we run with the fold block from the guard works once a game but we run it over and over for minimal gains.

+1.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Wow, ya know... Never noticed, but you're right! Maybe we should try that. What they call it thing, spread offense or shogun something or another. I think Axl Jones plays better hurry time for dullards if fam is allergic to plastic wrap bread.
we have an IDENTITY CRISIS
shotgun = no Moran Norris = win
Just like last year we can Alex can only pass from the gun and Frank can only run from the I, some thing has to give.

Is is me or did Frank look old today?
I think they play better when the gun is pointed at them.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LB49ers:

It's because our QB can't play under center, never has been able to, never will.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Just like last year we can Alex can only pass from the gun and Frank can only run from the I, some thing has to give.

Seattle was determined to not let Frank beat them today; instead, they wanted to force Alex to try and beat them, which he obviously couldn't do...
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Seattle was determined to not let Frank beat them today; instead, they wanted to force Alex to try and beat them, which he obviously couldn't do...

I was at the game, and could not see, but it seemed to me that the D line was holding our offensive lineman and keeping them from reaching the second level, Frank had hole I could see from the nose bleeds, but linebackers were swarming him.

Frankie's been like that the past few years, hasn't been the same since he lost weight and tried to be more like LT and ended up losing alot of that power he had back in '06

he's gained alot of speed since then and has great explosiveness now, but I'd rather have the old power version back
Yeah because Alex is our best player, not #21. The Gun (and Alex) is the reason we didn't win the Division last year. The Gun, my word. Alex Smith, Alex f'ing Smith, when will it end? I almost wish we weren't so talented, then it wouldn't be so bad watching this guy suck, he'd just be another guy, instead of holding the rest of the team ransom.
Niners should have resorted to an up tempo spread offense in the first half, especially when they started having problems getting the playcalls in and the noise was getting disruptive.

They seem hesitant to go to the spread unless it's 3rd and long or they're down by 20+ points. I don't think they've noticed that many teams have made this a staple of an offense regardless of down and distance. If it were the 1980s we'd be a definite Super Bowl contender though.
we're playing 10 vs 11 when Norris is on the field

going shotgun makes it an even playing field
Originally posted by znk916:
shotgun = no Moran Norris = win

if smith throws that ball to anyone OTHER than norris = TD
Share 49ersWebzone