There are 255 users in the forums

Ok, Post Week 1 Look to the future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
2017- LT 74 Joe Staley- Stays, Solid Tackle.
2016- ILB 52 Patrick Willis- All Pro, Signed $50M deal, and is our Defensive Leader.
2015- TE 85 Vernon Davis- Signed $42M deal, plus leader on Offense.
2014- WR 15 Michael Crabtree- Could care less about Crabtree, if he is truley a DIVA, then cut him loose, or trade his ass.
2014- LS 86 Brian Jennings- Again All Pro LS, and one of the ST's leaders.
2014- RT 76 Anthony Davis- Young, I like him, he needs fine tuning, unfortunately we have no one to start ahead of him, others suck.
2014- LG 77 Mike Iupati- Again Young player, Love his work ethic and he has the tools to be an all pro.
2013- CB 25 Tarell Brown- Can't stand the fact we gave him a new deal last year, even if small, he played like s**t.
2013- DE 94 Justin Smith- Our main stay on the D-Line, I say give him an extension, some may not agree, but i think he is and deserves it.
2013- CB 22 Nate Clements- Cut His ASS, Not worth the money, i was a big Nate fan, not anymore.
2013- TE 82 Nate Byham- Loved this pick, and still do, he is our blocking TE and can even catch too.
2013- SS 23 Taylor Mays- Future at SS, young player, who is a bit raw, but will be good in the long run.
2013- ILB 53 Navorro Bowman- Again young and looks good, he is a keeper.
2013- WR/RS 10 Kyle Williams- I like him, hoping he heals up and is one of the main stays at WR and in the return game.
2013- RB 24 Anthony Dixon- Future at RB IMO. Will be here for the long haul.
2013- CB/RS 35 Phillip Adams- Again, Young and talented. Stays
2013- OLB 98 Parys Haralson- Sick of him, CUT HIM.

now; 2012-2011 guys;

2012- ILB 56 Scott McKillop- Injured, like his potential, stays another year, and possibly a main stay, if so we have a stacked ILB group for the future.
2012- P 4 Andy Lee- One of the ST's leaders, and should get a new deal soon.
2012- CB 36 Shawntae Spencer- Said needed extension, but played like s**t, and like he didnt care.
2012- DE 90 Isaac Sopoaga- Im torn, he did decent, keep for now, unless something better comes up.
2012- TE 46 Delanie Walker- Keep him, extend him in offseason, and we are set at TE.
2012- NT 95 Ricky Jean Francois- Another young guy, I like him, so future for him is at NT.
2012- FS 28 Curtis Taylor- IDK, I havent seen much of him, so Id say keep around through 2011 offseason and battle with rookie.
2011- SS 30 Reggie Smith- Another guy I like, can play FS, SS and CB and even Return Man. So he stays, possible extension if price is reasonable.
2011- RB 21 Frank Gore- Heart and Soul of the backs, and maybe the Offense. I wanna keep him, but only if he is willing to share carries and takes a decent salary.
2011- OT 75 Alex Boone- Signed, and have rights for a good length
2011- WR 19 Ted Ginn Jr.- I love Ginn, so keeper unless he struggles.
2011- OLB 55 Ahmad Brooks- Extension if he breaks out again
2011- WR 84 Josh Morgan- Extend soon, Looked good, better than Crabtree.
2011- WR 17 Dominique Zeigler- Same as Boone
2011- QB 5 David Carr- Gone after 2011
2011- OG 68 Adam Snyder- Cut Him
2011- PK 6 Joe Nedney- Potential Keep till we find long term replacement
2011- RG 62 Chilo Rachal- IDK about him, he hurt himself, hopefully he isnt injury prone, if so cut him or trade him.
2011- C 66 Eric Heitmann- Keeper, Im sorry guys he is better than Baas, buts that my opinion.
2011- FB 44 Moran Norris- Gone after 2011
2011- CB 26 Tramaine Brock- Own rights.

then our FA's after 2010:

2010- QB 11 Alex Smith- f**k ALEX, He cant read the reads and cant make a damn pass for his life. NEW QB IN 2011.
2010- QB 1 Troy Smith- Keep for 2011, for competition.
2010- RB 20 Brian Westbrook- I like Westy, but only stays if he is healthy and has a decent 2010.
2010- OLB 50 Diyral Briggs- Have his rights like Zeigler and Boone, but if breaks out, extend him long term, I love briggs, has that pass rush skills.
2010- OLB 99 Mannny Lawson- Torn, Liked him coming from N.C. State, but now idk anymore, he isnt worth 42M, maybe 25M, but nowhere near what he wants.
2010- DE 91 Ray McDonald- Sign him, he is good, and solid rotational player.
2010- ILB 51 Takeo Spikes- Keep for vet prescense.
2010- FS 38 Dashon Goldson- I dont care, he isnt that good, Let him walk, he wants Rolle and Ed Reed numbers, NO THANKS
2010- SS 32 Michael Lewis- Gone, after 2010.
2010- C 64 David Baas- Gone IMO unless he somehow becomes a great OG in place of Rachal.
2010- OG/C 69 Tony Wragge- Keep for cheap, he is better than Snyder, and can play C too.
2010- NT 92 Aubrayo Franklin- Torn, Like him, but with Francois coming on, he might be expendable.
2010- CB 31 William James- Goner, unless he returns and plays great.
2010- OT 65 Barry Sims- Gone.
2010- OLB 54 Travis LaBoy- Keeper if he continues showing promise.

Then draft a QB, 2 CB's, OG/OT, C, DE, ILB, NT and maybe a OLB and S

we have the following picks in 2011 draft.

1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, 2 4ths, 1 5th, 2 6ths, and 2 7ths.

Basically our 2011 team looks like this.

QB Rookie
QB David Carr
QB Troy Smith/Nate Davis
RB Frank Gore
RB Anthony Dixon
RB Brian Westbrook/Rookie
FB Moran Norris
FB Jehuu Caulcrick
WR Michael Crabtree
WR Josh Morgan
WR Ted Ginn Jr.
WR Kyle Williams
WR Dominique Zeigler
TE Vernon Davis
TE Delanie Walker
TE Nate Byham
C Eric Heitmann
C Tony Wragge
OG Mike Iupati
OG Chilo Rachal
OG David Baas/rookie
OT Joe Staley
OT Anthony Davis
OT Alex Boone
OT Vet/Rookie

DE Justin Smith
DE Isaac Sopoaga
DE Ray McDonald
DE Rookie
NT Ricky Jean Francois
NT Rookie/Aubrayo Franklin
OLB Ahmad Brooks
OLB Travis LaBoy
OLB Diyral Briggs
OLB Rookie/ Maybe Manny Lawson if he improves
ILB Patrick Willis
ILB Takeo Spikes
ILB Navorro Bowman
ILB Scott McKillop/Rookie
CB Shawntae Spencer
CB Rookie
CB Rookie
CB Phillip Adams
CB Tarell Brown
FS Reggie Smith
FS maybe Dashon Goldson if he improves/Rookie
SS Taylor Mays
SS Curtis Taylor/Rookie

PK Joe Nedney
P Andy Lee
LS Brian Jennings

Thats 51, with 9 Potential Draftees, and 2 spots left open.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Awesome lets start talking about next years draft too
Originally posted by LB49ers:
Awesome lets start talking about next years draft too

well for cripes shakes, NT is acting like this is the end of the world, so why not.

It may or may not be clear that Alex is not our QB of the future. So why not, everyone now thinks "oh we are done" "we will have a top 10 pick" So why not talk about it.
great post AB. I agree with all of that.
Originally posted by danimal:
great post AB. I agree with all of that.

thanks danimal.

Maybe im overreacting too, but im sick of seeing hope in preseason and then we come up empty and look like s**t to open the season.

Maybe Alex is the QB or maybe he isnt the right one.

But some other players played like crap, Dashon, Clements, Lawson, Lewis, Brown, Spencer.

It seemed the only ones with heart and hope were Gore, Willis and VD. I mean Staley even tried, the OL looked like crap 2, Davis is young, but unfortunately we dont have anyone worthy to start ahead of him.

I think Iupati and Davis are the future with Staley on the OL, so we need a C and RG, cause Rachal is terrible, and might be injury prone.
also Justin Smith and Isaac Sopoaga were pretty decent out there. Atleast Justin tried is heart out to get to the QB.

Pretty much the guys who deserve to be here:

Vernon
Willis
A.Davis
Iupati
Gore
J.Smith
Staley
Jennings
Lee
Nedney
Mays
Bowman
Adams
Williams
Byham
Heitmann

and maybe Sopoaga and Spencer, as I still have hope for them.

thats about it.

We better not give any extensions to Manny, Dashon or Alex anytime soon.

Bye Bye:

Lewis
Clements
Sims
Snyder
Baas
Very nice, AB.

By and large, I at least partially agreed with all of your assessments. I suppose there is still time for a few of your releases to rescue themselves, but I'm not in an especially charitable mood today so I'm willing to give you a hand sharpening the cleaver.

There's really only one name on that list that stands out to me as a tough decision, but given the board's overwhealming sense of commity and brotherly love today, perhaps that can of worms is best left unopened for the time being.
you like ted ginn? discredited
Yes, the niners found ways to vigorously embarrassed themselves in all three phases of the game yesterday. Yes, the coaching appeared woefully inadequate. And yes, this morning, the media has teased out a QB-head coach-"diva" wide receiver controversy that conjures up the acerbic indigestion in niners fans reminiscent of the Smith-Nolan and Garcia-TO controversies. But I'm here to say, this team will be just fine.

This team was favored for a reason. Top to bottom, it is the most talented team in the NFC West. It is coached by a fiery leader. The West is weak this year. Witness the spectacle of the Rams-Cards game yesterday.

We got off to a rough start. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. But in a strange way, that can be a good thing. If we had lost a heartbreaker on the last play, the team might be emotionally drained and wondering whether that was really as good as the niners are. But losing 31-6 against a team that won 5 games last year? Nobody, nobody, not a single soul in that locker room thinks we are really this bad. It'll serve as a wakeup call, a rallying point around which this team will find out who they really are.

This team (and I mean team, coaches, players, front office) apparently thought that they could waltz over Seattle. Pay them no mind. The repeated 4 down calls typify this attitude. Pure hubris for a team that hasn't sniffed a playoff game in 8 years. Now, we have to do what this team is best at doing...what it is designed to do....grind. Every week. One week at a time. Take what it can and grind out wins. Win ugly. Win nasty. But win by sheer force of will. There will be no cakewalks. No gimme wins for this team. But that's not how it's supposed to be for this team.
From the head coach to the workman defense, this team is supposed to grind and earn every victory. At the end of the season, this loss will be viewed as a good thing, because it will have taught to 9ers to never come into a game expecting the other team to roll over and expose its’ belly. Rather, these niners now know they have to fight for every yard and every point and take nothing for granted. And this knowledge will fuel them to win the West this year...as they are supposed to do.

Oh, and one other interesting fact. A few years back, there was another team who all the preseason pundits had picked to heartily win their division. They opened on the road against a division rival. They were favored to win the game. The result? A 31-0 upset shut out loss to the division rival. But the team learned from that lost. The team rallied and they learned to grind out victories. Most of them weren’t the prettiest of victories. Most times they just did enough to get the W, but gather W’s it did. Eventually, that team returned the favor later that season with a 31-0 victory over the same division rival. The team? The 2003 New England Patriots...who went on the win the Superbowl that year.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
You cant win when your constantly out coached.

When was last time a niner team actually out coached someone ?
Thank you sir for your optimism.
Yeah, um, Singletary is no Belichick in case you haven't noticed.
Originally posted by susweel:
You cant win when your constantly out coached.

When was last time a niner team actually out coached someone ?

Marriucci
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
You're still having wet dreams? Mine stopped when I was 15.
Share 49ersWebzone