There are 177 users in the forums

Ramifications if Alex fails..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Its one thing not to be great but alex did not look good today.. This is is make or break season and if he fails then this organization is set back 3 to 5 years. Meaning Gore is pretty much a Wash. Vernon is older hopefully wiser.. crabs will be on his way out the door looking for a big fa contract and willis his best years will be coming to an end sooner than letter.. Basically he resets the franchise and prob gets the coaching staff fired.... damn....
We just have to get a decent qb and not ask him to do much while he settles in (Mark Sanchez, Joe Flacco)

Smith isnt s**t and Im tired of defending him.

Tebow could have made better throws today
Originally posted by ads_2006:
We just have to get a decent qb and not ask him to do much while he settles in (Mark Sanchez, Joe Flacco)

Smith isnt s**t and Im tired of defending him.

Tebow could have made better throws today
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Its one thing not to be great but alex did not look good today.. This is is make or break season and if he fails then this organization is set back 3 to 5 years. Meaning Gore is pretty much a Wash. Vernon is older hopefully wiser.. crabs will be on his way out the door looking for a big fa contract and willis his best years will be coming to an end sooner than letter.. Basically he resets the franchise and prob gets the coaching staff fired.... damn....

this is very depressing... just thinking about it.
If? This is his 6th year. He is still playing like he did as a rookie. Lost in the pocket and missing recievers. Sad thing is we have no quarterback on this roster that gives us even a small glimmer of hope.
I am still optimistic and I really hope that this team win the west and make it to the playoffs, but if that doesn't happens.. we need to hire coach Gruden as HC with his west coast offense and keep manusky with his 3-4... off course only if we don't make the playoffs... this team is too talented to not make it to the postseason...

go niners
  • ZRF80
Yep. Nolan, as much as we like to blame him, wasnt all that bad. His biggest downfall is drafting the QB we call our starter today. And although we like to bash him for it, in retrospect.....we may all agree that he wasnt really at all at fault when he called out Smith a few years back.

Remember the Mariucci saga ? At the time, we were all willing to chop his head off for not being aggressive and failing to cater to TO. In retrospect, he was the best thing that happened to us this century.

As an NFL coach, you're a product of what your players do for you on the field. Singeltary has anywhere from 4 to 6 probowlers on his roster. He does have a contender when it comes to the Niners. All that can be nullified if Smith continues to stink it up.
Hopefully Smith falls FLAT on his face. That way we can be SURE, as in NO MORE EFFIN CHANCES sure, that he sucks and then we will also be in place to draft his replacement.

I would like to see us bring in a Blue Chipper, hire yet another OC (and if Sing balks at the idea then can his ass too) and allow that Blue Chipper to sit for a season behind whoever. By the 2012 season that Blue Chipper should be ready, our linemen will be grown and experienced. Dixon will be in place. Crabtree will have learned to be a pro, and we should be in a good spot.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
I think we should look into finding a young veteran like Kellen Clemmens instead of starting over with a rookie. The Texans went that route with Matt Shaub and he hasn't disappointed.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
they will over turn prop 8 for the 8x.

[ Edited by Apone on Sep 12, 2010 at 20:22:24 ]

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Yep. Nolan, as much as we like to blame him, wasnt all that bad. His biggest downfall .is drafting the QB we call our starter today. And although we like to bash him for it, in retrospect.....we may all agree that he wasnt really at all at fault when he called out Smith a few years back.

Remember the Mariucci saga ? At the time, we were all willing to chop his head off for not being aggressive and failing to cater to TO. In retrospect, he was the best thing that happened to us this century.

As an NFL coach, you're a product of what your players do for you on the field. Singeltary has anywhere from 4 to 6 probowlers on his roster. He does have a contender when it comes to the Niners. All that can be nullified if Smith continues to stink it up.

Dang....the days of coach Mooch seem sooooooo long ago. He did coach to his teams strengths. Sing is getting exploited by a freakin recruiter! A college coach! We will never out scheme anyone we play this season. And to add on we have an inaccurate qb.. come on smith....
Originally posted by servegmo:
I am still optimistic and I really hope that this team win the west and make it to the playoffs, but if that doesn't happens.. we need to hire coach Gruden as HC with his west coast offense and keep manusky with his 3-4... off course only if we don't make the playoffs... this team is too talented to not make it to the postseason...

go niners

Same except I'd be happy to dump Manusky too. That Hawks oline was patchwork and we only got like 1 sack, plus we got burned by a bunch of crappy recievers.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
If? This is his 6th year. He is still playing like he did as a rookie. Lost in the pocket and missing recievers. Sad thing is we have no quarterback on this roster that gives us even a small glimmer of hope.

Smith had his 'statement game' today and the statement is 'I am not an NFL caliber starting QB'.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by servegmo:

go niners

Same except I'd be happy to dump Manusky too. That Hawks oline was patchwork and we only got like 1 sack, plus we got burned by a bunch of crappy recievers.

I think most of our errors on defense were made by selfish plays by our corners, instead of playing the scheme, like coach Manusky always says... they try to get cute and make INT and instead they coast us the game.. still if we don't make it to the playoffs I give Gruden the keys to team and keep Manusky for the D

[ Edited by servegmo on Sep 12, 2010 at 20:35:59 ]
I do not think drafting a QB sets us back 3-4 years... We are in a position to have a rookie QB successful. Should Smith continue to falter, we will likely show him and Raye the door, draft a QB high, pick up a new OC and give it a go again next year... Our D will be consistently solid, and we will have experience on the Oline and skill positions to greatly assist any new QB, rookie or vet...
Share 49ersWebzone