LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Maiocco: Singletary Calls Out Smith, Crabtree, O-Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:
There's a good lesson to be made here. I know you try to limit your star players in the preseason (prevent injury), but in reality.....we're not the Colts or Pats, folks. Asides from Willis, there's no reason why guys like Gore, VD, Crabs, etc. should be getting time off cause we expect them to continue where they left off from seasons past. This is a young team with an unproven QB that needs the repetition with his teammates. Not allowing our starters to play preseason may be showing now that we're in season.....
There's a good lesson to be made here. I know you try to limit your star players in the preseason (prevent injury), but in reality.....we're not the Colts or Pats, folks. Asides from Willis, there's no reason why guys like Gore, VD, Crabs, etc. should be getting time off cause we expect them to continue where they left off from seasons past. This is a young team with an unproven QB that needs the repetition with his teammates. Not allowing our starters to play preseason may be showing now that we're in season.....

Cosigned!!!
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Does Singletary ever put any blame on himself?

no,
is that a good work ethic...?

He has to "Look at the Film"
Originally posted by NinerGM:

I agree - but all the SHEEPLE in the zone were saying "well no need to have the player play in a game that's just preseason." Young teams need the practice - especially since we're running a Raider offense from 1981.

Wow, what a disgraceful game. I'm kind of getting tired of our only running plays being:

1. I-form up the middle left
2. I-form up the middle right
3. draw
rightfully so also should call out raye and the pass rush
Honestly I didn't see anything that I like from this game.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Why is it such a shock we had no pass rush. We haven't for years and we did nothing to address it in the offseason. Jesus, everyone around here is really fooling themselves. Get your heads out of your asses; we all knew this kind of sh*t was going to happen. Just didn't think it would happen so quickly and against one of the worst teams in the league; one that shredded its roster in the offseason.
Originally posted by MBniner:

Why is it such a shock we had no pass rush. We haven't for years and we did nothing to address it in the offseason. Jesus, everyone around here is really fooling themselves. Get your heads out of your asses; we all knew this kind of sh*t was going to happen. Just didn't think it would happen so quickly and against one of the worst teams in the league; one that shredded its roster in the offseason.

Except for last year

[ Edited by Ajanke on Sep 12, 2010 at 20:36:28 ]
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by MBniner:

Except for last year

Oh, you mean where we racked up a bunch of sacks in meaningless games (like 8 in the rams game). Yeah, just like last year. No pash rush consistently.
It's the same tired excuses everytime. They didn't get enough reps. Smith is garbage. Crabtree didn't look for the ball or ran the wrong route. Smith is garbage. The O-Line didn't protect. When will people just face it, Smith will never lead this team anywhere. Say what you will about the Raiders, at least they admitted their mistake and got rid of the albatross around their neck in Russell. I wish the 49ers would do the same. What do they do, they keep Smith as the starter and bring in another dud in Carr and another useless QB in Smith. Two Smith's too many.

Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lol at all the hate for crabtree

reminds me of the hate for vernon during his earlier years

So it isnt well deserved hate? Im sure if Davis could go back and change his attitude he would.

At least V. Davis work his @ss off. Unlike Crabtree trying to skip out every practice as much as possible and get paid to be a f#cking diva.
Originally posted by bzborow1:

I agree - but all the SHEEPLE in the zone were saying "well no need to have the player play in a game that's just preseason." Young teams need the practice - especially since we're running a Raider offense from 1981.

Wow, what a disgraceful game. I'm kind of getting tired of our only running plays being:

1. I-form up the middle left
2. I-form up the middle right
3. draw

We had ONE toss. All middle rushes out of I-Formation. Two plays where Josh Morgan (once) and Michael Crabtree (once) motions to the line and they run up the middle. It's f**king unbelievable how terrible our play-calling is. Really? NOT ONE OFF TACKLE RUN?! NOT ONE?! How the f**k do you have that as your game plan. Jimmy Raye is worse than Jim Hostler. Way worse. Our talent just masks it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
We need pros - top to bottom -

I'm placing blame on the entire team coaching staff is at the head of the line. There wasn't an excuse for this pitiful showing. Singletary was the one who allowed these guys to have "veteran courtesy" in the first place. Davis didn't play - people didn't play and it showed up big time.

Raye is certainly #1 by featuring Moran Norris when he has All-World 3rd Down Back Westbrook sitting.

You can't just blame this game on Crabtree and Smith. The play calling was as bland as it always has been. An unimaginative run game, plays not scripted which resulted in waaaaaay too many timeouts.

I'm just sick of this s**t. It's time to turn the page.

Give me a PRO program please.

Your right, you can't just blame Crabtree and Smith, but they are a big part of the blame no doubt. You know I wouldn't be as mad or bothered if we opened against another team besides a division rival. But this one hurt, I said from the beginning, this was a must win game. Now look who has control of the NFC West (from the looks of it as of right now), I knew not to underestimate Seattle. I said it once and I'll say it again, a healthy Hasselbeck is dangerous.
Notice how every player took a brunt of the blame EXCEPT Crabtree? The guy fakes some injuries to avoid taking hits in preseason, then he short arms a pass to avoid contact...

What happened to that stud that we saw last season? At this rate, I'd rather see more of Ziegler. At least he has heart
First thought... do not like what Crabtree said. I understand you need to move on but he needs to learn from his mistakes and man up to what happened. Second, I wonder what Frank Gore said in the locker room? He is one of probably 3 players (him, Willis, J Smith) that I have earned the right over the years to stand up and say listen, "we need to pick it the f**k up, we have to stop killing ourselves. You see the way I practice and give it my all? You guys need to do the same." Crabtree and others need to put the ego aside and get to work and step it up.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 12, 2010 at 20:55:28 ]
Share 49ersWebzone