LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

Maiocco: Singletary Calls Out Smith, Crabtree, O-Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am about to hang my Crabtree jersey upside-down and start wearing my Kevan Barlow jersey on game days, hell the 9ers sucked in 04, but at least they played wit heart
Originally posted by BobS:
Singletary ought to call himself out also, he put a team on the field that wasn't ready to play. He is starting to become a finger pointer. I think the "Can Singletary learn on the job?" experiment should be over. Even though he doesn't pull his pants down anymore he is still getting the same results. 49ers tied the Raiders for worst loss yesterday, and we all knew the Raiders were going to be bad. Crabtree should not have been out there if he wasn't ready, that is on the coach.

Sing should look into the mirror, if he is looking for reasons why the team did so poorly. Not a cohesive unit.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
There's a good lesson to be made here. I know you try to limit your star players in the preseason (prevent injury), but in reality.....we're not the Colts or Pats, folks. Asides from Willis, there's no reason why guys like Gore, VD, Crabs, etc. should be getting time off cause we expect them to continue where they left off from seasons past. This is a young team with an unproven QB that needs the repetition with his teammates. Not allowing our starters to play preseason may be showing now that we're in season.....

I agree, but it also begs the question, why did Sing allow it? If Sing has no problem of calling out other players, he should of called out Crabtree for his reluctance to play (preseason)....yet he waited until Davis did it, until last game of the preseason for someone to address the "elephant" in the room.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Does Singletary ever put any blame on himself?

no,
is that a good work ethic...?
Originally posted by DrofThuganomics:
I am about to hang my Crabtree jersey upside-down and start wearing my Kevan Barlow jersey on game days, hell the 9ers sucked in 04, but at least they played wit heart

so true
Originally posted by NinerGM:
We need pros - top to bottom -

I'm placing blame on the entire team coaching staff is at the head of the line. There wasn't an excuse for this pitiful showing. Singletary was the one who allowed these guys to have "veteran courtesy" in the first place. Davis didn't play - people didn't play and it showed up big time.

Raye is certainly #1 by featuring Moran Norris when he has All-World 3rd Down Back Westbrook sitting.

You can't just blame this game on Crabtree and Smith. The play calling was as bland as it always has been. An unimaginative run game, plays not scripted which resulted in waaaaaay too many timeouts.

I'm just sick of this s**t. It's time to turn the page.

Give me a PRO program please.
lol at all the hate for crabtree

reminds me of the hate for vernon during his earlier years

[ Edited by ads_2006 on Sep 12, 2010 at 20:07:53 ]
This is the type of game that deserves Sing's pants coming down.. underwear included.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Behind the scenes, this team sounds like a mess
  • Veteran
I wonder when would Singletary hold himself accountable for this embarrassing loss? He blames everyone but himself.

• Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:
I wonder when would Singletary hold himself accountable for this embarrassing loss? He blames everyone but himself.

Doesn't that remind you of some?
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Crabtree's one of my favorite football players, but he really hasn't done anything to earn our respect yet. Today was a bad game, let's get it together and challenge the Saints.
Sounds like Crabtree just isn't getting it. HE failed to execute today, resulting in 2 interceptions. Instead of taking the blame, he just lets it go and says whats done is done? WHAT? First you hold out last season, missing value time because YOU think you're worth more money. This year, you sit out EVERY preseason game with a suspected BS injury. And this is how you react to a horrible showing by yourself and the rest of the offense?

Sing should bench his sorry ass
I'm calling BS on Singletary calling out anybody....

Until he does it publicly, like he did with Vernon or Nate Davis, then he's still breast-feeding Alex and Crabtree.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

So it isnt well deserved hate? Im sure if Davis could go back and change his attitude he would.
Share 49ersWebzone