There are 238 users in the forums

Ex-49ers help Seattle execute a perfect game-plan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have to give Seattle a lot of credit. I don't like Pete Carroll at all, and I don't like his care free, fun time approach to practice.

Most of all I think the Seahawks did a great job of playing off the fact they picked up a few men that have been around our team a few years or more.

"I think I've seen him (McCloughan) one time - in the cafeteria," Hasselbeck said. "If a scout is coming to talk to you, then something's wrong. So, no, I haven't talked to him."

The most knowledgeable new Seahawk would be Robinson, a smart and savvy veteran who played quarterback in college. But Seattle coach Pete Carroll sloughed off the notion that Robinson could offer vital information. Given that Robinson only joined the Seahawks last week, Carroll said, it was all he could do to digest his new playbook.

"Players are players," Carroll said. "They can answer some questions and all, but for the most part they're just scrambling to just to catch up and learn their stuff."

Sac Bee

After the game Vernon Davis hit it on the head saying that the Seahawks took away Gores rushing lanes and closed down the middle of the field for TE and passing routes. Both of which were the bread and butter of the 49ers offense in 2009. When Gore didn't have it going, and Alex couldn't go to what he was most comfortable with, I think that's when frustration set in.

Weather it be because of ex-49ers or not, I have to tip my hat to Seattle, after being undermanned on paper, they came to play, and probably set a blue print for the rest of the NFL to defend the 2010 Niners.

[ Edited by global_nomad on Sep 12, 2010 at 18:35:10 ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I honestly think we didn't take them seriously. Especially after the first quarter, we just had a relaxed attitude towards the game. I don't know, didn't see the urgency - from the coaching staff to the players.
Share 49ersWebzone