There are 165 users in the forums

Never thot I'd say this but...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes Sing and Raye need to go.

Coaching is no different than plumbing, carpentry, masonry, doctoring, lawyering , hell, anything. You have to pay your dues, you have to start at the bottom, you have to learn each and every facet of your bizness,(in this case coaching DBs, DLs, WRs, QBs, OLs, Rbs, TEs, WRs , DC, and OC. Then and only then are you ready to be HC. Big mike(BM) just got hopscotched over all the learning positions except LB coach , where he was a crackerjack. Now all the chickens are coming home to roost, and guess what? Our HC isn't qualified to be HC, by virtue of skipping all the learning phases everyone else had to go thru to get ahead(unless his old man owned the business).

What did we get? We got exactly what we deserved...an really good man, & HOFer with no business being a HC. He got us to here, but he is done, and now in over his head, probably looking to the unimaginative JR to pull him thru. One thing we do know, is that he and JR can't agree on which play to call in any situation, hence plays come in late...too late. My goodness, that is football 101, and neither BM nor JR have a handle on it. I am just sick.
Too much verbiage. We can't get the play off in time.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
our HC and OC aren't smart enough to be coaches in the NFL. Right now I am hoping bigmike gets an invite from Baylor to go coach there. WhY:

Okay, he blows not one, but two timeouts in first half because AS USUAL, the plays didn't come in on time, and when they did, alex had but a few seconds to call the play. It is inexcusable for a HC and an OC not to get the play in on time with 4th and a foot for a TD. They just blew it. This is a FIRING offense.

When we needed that TO as time ran out on the half yd line, bigmike had already blown two timeouts because of not getting plays to qb on time. This is a second FIRING offense.

Worse, when he did get them in, it was late, and worse yet, he NEVER told alex to speed things up and run a two minute offense. If alex isn't told to run the 2 minute drill, he , AND THE WHOLE TEAM , just saunter up to LOS. That is inexcusable and is a coaching error. It would be one thing if this were something new, but i posted about 16 times on this last yr, even when we won. This is again coaching error, and once again, since it just started off where we left off last yr, another FIRING offense.

I suggested earlier this week that one thing to help slow thinkers like bigmike and jimmyraye, would be scripted plays. Never occurred to them, but could have possibly helped with not just one but two TDs early on. Nor is there a list of automatic plays to run with 3rd and short, or 4th and goal. It obviously is something bigmike,( okay, i'll just refer to him as BM, from now on), nor jimmyrae, have ever thot of: scripted , preplanned plays for certain situations, like three noted above. Again, this is another FIRING offense.

OC and HC and their NON KNOWLEDGE of team: thank God we drafted Staley, AD , and upoti in first rd. BM and jr have had an entire yr plus preseason to learn that beside those 3 OLs, Baas, wragge, and snyder can't block. And they didn't try someone else there, trade for someone else, they did nada. Again, knowing that, even drafting 2 #1s this yr, they must have known the other three guys on the team, and that includes the injured heitmann, cannot block. FIRING offense.

On D, BM had us playing tight for 20 mins, then backed off giving SEA 7-8 yd gimmes, which they took. FIRING offense.

They played well in 4 preseason games, giving vd, frank, crabs, and alex no chance to get hurt, but also not giving them game experience WHICH THEY ALL NEEDED. Horrible coaching error, FIRING offense.

Playcalling? Hey between JR and BM, they figured that having frank dive thru 2 or 4 hole was a winner, when it hadn't worked all game. Both BM and JR are unimaginative, and in BMs case, no previous game experience at OC,HC, DB, QB,RB, TEs, or WRs coaching. And HE got promoted to HC? That is now an apparent joke, and BM is the butt of it, along with our equally unimaginative OC, JR.

Hey, bigmike(BM) did a great job of picking this team up off the floor. But my written objections back then, as now, are that he didn't have the know how to run a team...and he doesn't. He did know how to acquire a good team, but he is just lost as a HC. Baylor would be a really good choice for him, because of all his greatness as the GOAT LB in the NfL. Any more games that he literally pizzes away like this and folks will start to forget how good a LB he was.

In summary, neither JR nor BM have any business being in the jobs they are in. Hell, they both got outcoached by a college coach, who was, incidentally, a damn fine OC, DC, DB coach, and HC. Send BM back to college ranks to learn what HC is all about, and please LORD, send jimmyRaye with him. This is grossly unfair to fans, to players, and owner.

LEt BM and JR return to college and learn how to be a HC and an OC. Right now, they are 100% responsible for this loss. Not knowing that your OL cannot move the DL of the LOS, and then trying to run thru that non blocking line is inexcusable. Heck that's a FIRING offense. Please jedi JEd, wake up smell the daisies, and let these two underperforming , not nfl ready coaches return to learn how somewhere else. College, esp Baylor would be a good place to start.

Oh, and as for alex, how could our HC and OC not possibly know that the kid would throw tall and hard at someone 5 yds away? If they really knew their stuff, not to mention their team, they would have fixed that. Oh, but that's right. BM has never coached anything but LBs. What should we have expected?

Sad as i am to say this, about a guy i have long admired, BM(bigmike) needs to go now, before he just embarrasses himself anymore, and let us get on with a real coach, and it better be someone who has distinguished himself as an OC in the past.

Bigmike(BM)...sheesh. All these yrs, we've waited and this is what we get. Fix it now, Jed, the guy just doesn't have it. And we all know now why he brot on JR. He didn't know much more than BM did about O.

I was flamed on this site for voicing many of the same opinions last season and the one before, I was there today and it was clear we were out coached. period. Like the Falcon game last season, they looked pro we look like 5A High School!
Sing is not improving. He is still getting outcoached, and it's sad. Does anyone else find themself asking, "What does Sing do on the sideline besides yell at players when they make mistakes?"
Golitta, buckle up for the, unnhh, experience, son, because if bigmike(BM) and jr stay around here one more day , it will be one day too many. BM has done what he can for this team , and i thank him for it. He is no longer capable on the sideline, now that we have bona fide talent, and as I predicted, that is when his utter lack of experience would raise its ugly head and bite us in the azz. Well it just did.
Golitta, buckle up for the, unnhh, experience, son, because if bigmike(BM) and jr stay around here one more day , it will be one day too many. BM has done what he can for this team , and i thank him for it. He is no longer capable on the sideline, now that we have bona fide talent, and as I predicted, that is when his utter lack of experience would raise its ugly head and bite us in the azz. Well it just did.
it took a few nibbles last season!

I know what you mean, Sing could motivate any 11 guys into playing there asses off! He could form a team of Zoners and convince us we had a chance! He is amazing when it comes to motivation, he just could not out coach pee wee team!

Fire everyone! sing sucks, raye sucks(i agree on this one), crabtree sucks, Clements sucks, Antony davis sucks, Iupati sucks, Alex sucks, sopoaga sucks, bass sucks.........
one game, fire everyone!

Generally, NoKa, when you have bona fide talent and the entire team is screwed up, it is coaching...99% of the time. As noted above, by golitta, rah rah just gets you so far. Then you actually have to coach, and sadly, JR and BM(bigmike) aren't up to it. I would love to see if Tony Dungy would take us on as a hardship case.

[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 12, 2010 at 21:50:19 ]
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Too much verbiage. We can't get the play off in time.

No, Jimmy Raye is just f**king slurring his old ass tired self words........ We need a commercial announcer to give them off.
  • dj43
our HC and OC aren't smart enough to be coaches in the NFL. Right now I am hoping bigmike gets an invite from Baylor to go coach there. WhY:

Okay, he blows not one, but two timeouts in first half because AS USUAL, the plays didn't come in on time, and when they did, alex had but a few seconds to call the play. It is inexcusable for a HC and an OC not to get the play in on time with 4th and a foot for a TD. They just blew it. This is a FIRING offense.

When we needed that TO as time ran out on the half yd line, bigmike had already blown two timeouts because of not getting plays to qb on time. This is a second FIRING offense.

Worse, when he did get them in, it was late, and worse yet, he NEVER told alex to speed things up and run a two minute offense. If alex isn't told to run the 2 minute drill, he , AND THE WHOLE TEAM , just saunter up to LOS. That is inexcusable and is a coaching error. It would be one thing if this were something new, but i posted about 16 times on this last yr, even when we won. This is again coaching error, and once again, since it just started off where we left off last yr, another FIRING offense.

I suggested earlier this week that one thing to help slow thinkers like bigmike and jimmyraye, would be scripted plays. Never occurred to them, but could have possibly helped with not just one but two TDs early on. Nor is there a list of automatic plays to run with 3rd and short, or 4th and goal. It obviously is something bigmike,( okay, i'll just refer to him as BM, from now on), nor jimmyrae, have ever thot of: scripted , preplanned plays for certain situations, like three noted above. Again, this is another FIRING offense.

OC and HC and their NON KNOWLEDGE of team: thank God we drafted Staley, AD , and upoti in first rd. BM and jr have had an entire yr plus preseason to learn that beside those 3 OLs, Baas, wragge, and snyder can't block. And they didn't try someone else there, trade for someone else, they did nada. Again, knowing that, even drafting 2 #1s this yr, they must have known the other three guys on the team, and that includes the injured heitmann, cannot block. FIRING offense.

On D, BM had us playing tight for 20 mins, then backed off giving SEA 7-8 yd gimmes, which they took. FIRING offense.

They played well in 4 preseason games, giving vd, frank, crabs, and alex no chance to get hurt, but also not giving them game experience WHICH THEY ALL NEEDED. Horrible coaching error, FIRING offense.

Playcalling? Hey between JR and BM, they figured that having frank dive thru 2 or 4 hole was a winner, when it hadn't worked all game. Both BM and JR are unimaginative, and in BMs case, no previous game experience at OC,HC, DB, QB,RB, TEs, or WRs coaching. And HE got promoted to HC? That is now an apparent joke, and BM is the butt of it, along with our equally unimaginative OC, JR.

Hey, bigmike(BM) did a great job of picking this team up off the floor. But my written objections back then, as now, are that he didn't have the know how to run a team...and he doesn't. He did know how to acquire a good team, but he is just lost as a HC. Baylor would be a really good choice for him, because of all his greatness as the GOAT LB in the NfL. Any more games that he literally pizzes away like this and folks will start to forget how good a LB he was.

In summary, neither JR nor BM have any business being in the jobs they are in. Hell, they both got outcoached by a college coach, who was, incidentally, a damn fine OC, DC, DB coach, and HC. Send BM back to college ranks to learn what HC is all about, and please LORD, send jimmyRaye with him. This is grossly unfair to fans, to players, and owner.

LEt BM and JR return to college and learn how to be a HC and an OC. Right now, they are 100% responsible for this loss. Not knowing that your OL cannot move the DL of the LOS, and then trying to run thru that non blocking line is inexcusable. Heck that's a FIRING offense. Please jedi JEd, wake up smell the daisies, and let these two underperforming , not nfl ready coaches return to learn how somewhere else. College, esp Baylor would be a good place to start.

Oh, and as for alex, how could our HC and OC not possibly know that the kid would throw tall and hard at someone 5 yds away? If they really knew their stuff, not to mention their team, they would have fixed that. Oh, but that's right. BM has never coached anything but LBs. What should we have expected?

Sad as i am to say this, about a guy i have long admired, BM(bigmike) needs to go now, before he just embarrasses himself anymore, and let us get on with a real coach, and it better be someone who has distinguished himself as an OC in the past.

Bigmike(BM)...sheesh. All these yrs, we've waited and this is what we get. Fix it now, Jed, the guy just doesn't have it. And we all know now why he brot on JR. He didn't know much more than BM did about O.
To add a little fuel to the fire, Singletary was soundly outcoached by a guy who hasn't coached in the NFL for ten years?

Yes, it helped to have Jeff Ulbrich coaching Seattle. He knows all the defenses and tendencies and no doubt that helped. Also having Michael Robinson there helped a great deal as well. Say what you want about his production in SF, the guy knows how the game should be played and knew the Raye playbook.

The most embarrassed guy in Seattle today should have been Mike Singletary. He was out-coached on both sides of the ball by a virtual NFL rookie. Inexcusable.
Defender, they just need to go. JR and bigmike(BM) helped get the train on the tracks. Now they have to coach, and they just aren't coaching material. They need to leave...now.
You mean this guy isn't a NFL Coaching Guru?
Samurai Mike
Share 49ersWebzone