LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

ITS TWO GAMES!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hey we lost and that's that. I am a realist we just weren't as hungry as the hawks were. we lost no excuses. that's that! we don't have that high caliber quarterback Alex is on a slow up and down elevator he has his moments when he is decent and some when he is awful. until we all realize that we are going to keep jumping on this kids back which in all honesty wont help. we love our team and want them to win and we're such hypocrites when they lose like we would have done something better "had we been in the game" Be honest your probably sitting on your couch talking s**t and you know damn well you cant do better so get over it. We will finish roughly 10 and 6 so expect 5 more losses! "Alex sucks... Coach don't know what he is doing" etc etc shut your pansy mouths and let the men play the game!
Originally posted by MBniner:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Clearly this is not about the loss, but how we lost. If we had played well and lost a close game I'd be more receptive to the "It's just one game" spin.

What makes it bigger than just one game is the groundhog day-like deficiencies. Brain-dead clock management, innaccurate passing, dropped passes, 3rd down conversions, no pass rush . . . blah, blah, blah . . . at this point continuity looks overrated.

In the context of the hype leading into today, this is one of the most disappointing Niner openers I can remember.

Agree with everything, except you forgot about just continuing to run up the middle. But you are right about the hype leading up to today; totally overated.

Yes, thank you . . . running into the teeth of the D-line on obvious running downs . . . I forgot that one . . . maddening play calls.

• BobS
  • Veteran
We tied the Raiders for the worst opening Sunday beating, and we were favored. Our QB looked awful, we were out coached by a rookie coach, there were few bright spots.
It's just one game. Looked exactly like a bunch of other games for last 8 yrs. We are supposed to be getting better, and in fact , just took a huge lurch backwards. No mas. let's get a real HC, and he better be an OC by trade, ie knows OC backwards and forwards. Because the HC we have now, bigmike(BM), has taken us as far as he is able. Peter's principle: BM got elevated to the position he was not able to succeed at. couldn't be simpler than that. It is one game that brot full focus on where we aren't. And that is , a prepared, well coached nfl squad.
GOTTA THANK THE SEACHICKENS AND PETE FOR WAKIN UP THE MONSTER, Maybe we was supposed to lose this game for the team to realize something, its better to lose early than late.. 1'st game of the season folks...15 more to go, WE GOT THIS!
Alex is garbage and will never be what we want. It's not one game anymore. It's more like a decade.
God, I hope there is a lockout so we don't have to go through this same sh*t next season.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Clearly this is not about the loss, but how we lost. If we had played well and lost a close game I'd be more receptive to the "It's just one game" spin.

What makes it bigger than just one game is the groundhog day-like deficiencies. Brain-dead clock management, innaccurate passing, dropped passes, 3rd down conversions, no pass rush . . . blah, blah, blah . . . at this point continuity looks overrated.

In the context of the hype leading into today, this is one of the most disappointing Niner openers I can remember.

This.

What bothered me the most is when the game was placed on Smith's hands, he failed miserably.

[ Edited by verb1der on Sep 13, 2010 at 08:10:02 ]
It's one game, yes, but there were some glaring issues...

Smith's play was abysmal...
Our CBs got torched...
major playcalling/coaching issues...
very, very little pass rush...

Now, we may come out next week and play lights out and win. However, after seeing the glaring problems with the team, I would really be suprised if we actually make my initial record of 9-7 and win the division... Let's hope it's just one game, but we didn't do so well after a loss like this to ATL last year
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Great video for all the haters..

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/49ers-Stay-Optimistic-After-Loss/8845af39-a6a1-4494-a5e9-40d0762f8770

Alex Smith sucks, end of story
Oh yeah...and our CB's looked like Pop Warner...
Originally posted by jrg:
Great video for all the haters..

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/49ers-Stay-Optimistic-After-Loss/8845af39-a6a1-4494-a5e9-40d0762f8770

These kinda games makes teams better.

I really hope this left a bad taste in their mouth!
This is what we get for beliveing all the BS dished out to us over the last couple months. We are not a very good team, we have to many weaknesses. We all can see it, the other teams can see it, why can't out coaches see it. I wait all year for Niner football and this is what happens. More the same with little or no improvement. I have been a Niner fan for 50 years but this single game with all the hype that has been dished out was just a killer. I need to step back and watch from afar with less personal emotion because this looks like it will be a difficult season. Good thing the Giants are heading to the playoffs (Hopefully) and the Warriors will be going to camp to distract me from what has always been my favorite time of the year.

Go Giants

Go Warriors

This from a guy who has lived in Los Angeles for the last 30 years.
Originally posted by sincalniner:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Yea its one game but this was supposed to be a statement game and we looked uninterested. Thats startling. If we lost a hard fought battle where effort wasnt an issue there wouldnt be this backlash. However, our team looked pathetic.

Looked apathetic. No fire. NONE!

I agree with jrg, but also with the quoted above.

It is only one game, but at the same time, opening day is supposed to be that first "real" benchmark of your team. I was disgusted with what I saw. I don't think I saw a single player on the team really play an all around good game.
Share 49ersWebzone