LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Mike Singletary Postgame Press Pass (Video Page 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by RKab:
I think we were all just as frustrated and upset as Singletary was/is.

But we aren't the head coach of the football team. Was this an embarassment? Yes. Perhaps the most deflating loss in my mind since, well the last time we played in Seattle.

But - just to think outloud - Singletary basically fell apart at points on the sideline. Tearing the offense off the field on 4th down numerous times in the 4th quarter when if you wanted to compete you had to go for it. Was that appropriate or should he be able to keep it together and funnel this team back into the right direction?

A good coach needs to be able to take that wretched pile of crap Smith and co. laid and help them fight back.

I didn't see any fight today. I didn't see any pride. I saw a team that as soon as it got down it fell apart. And the coach became a comedy routine of upset faces on the sidelines.

This team showed no heart whatsoever and that, more than anything else is what scares me.

The problems with this team are the same ones we've known for years. Below average QB play (today was perhaps Smith's worst game in years), below average offensive line play and no pass rush.

I'm just sad now. I feel cheated.

Good post.

Hit the nail on the head. This isn't just a loss, this is a "lost the team" kind of loss.

8 f**kING YEARS AND IT'S THE SAME CRAP YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT. WE DESERVE BETTER. MUCH BETTER. IT'S BEYOND OLD BY NOW. I'VE NEVER EVER FELT THE SEASON IS OVER AFTER THE FIRST GAME... I DO TODAY!

For the record, Smith is horrible and always will be. All you guys who have sucked him off should be ashamed of yourselves.
where is this motherf**ker
Originally posted by kray28:

But we aren't the head coach of the football team. Was this an embarassment? Yes. Perhaps the most deflating loss in my mind since, well the last time we played in Seattle.

But - just to think outloud - Singletary basically fell apart at points on the sideline. Tearing the offense off the field on 4th down numerous times in the 4th quarter when if you wanted to compete you had to go for it. Was that appropriate or should he be able to keep it together and funnel this team back into the right direction?

A good coach needs to be able to take that wretched pile of crap Smith and co. laid and help them fight back.

I didn't see any fight today. I didn't see any pride. I saw a team that as soon as it got down it fell apart. And the coach became a comedy routine of upset faces on the sidelines.

This team showed no heart whatsoever and that, more than anything else is what scares me.

The problems with this team are the same ones we've known for years. Below average QB play (today was perhaps Smith's worst game in years), below average offensive line play and no pass rush.

Well, the Singletary honeymoon is definitely over now....now's the time to judge his coaching on its' merits.

He's supposed to be able to fire guys up (kind of like Carroll did with his guys today at Seattle), but we saw no fire, no emotion, and even worse no real effort. Just a a whole team going out like a bunch of b1tches.

I really hate to say this but....you are correct, sir...
So, was there or was there not a press conference. The Twitter zone has been quiet and no one has said a word around here.

This is strange.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Method:

Good post.

Hit the nail on the head. This isn't just a loss, this is a "lost the team" kind of loss.

8 f**kING YEARS AND IT'S THE SAME CRAP YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT. WE DESERVE BETTER. MUCH BETTER. IT'S BEYOND OLD BY NOW. I'VE NEVER EVER FELT THE SEASON IS OVER AFTER THE FIRST GAME... I DO TODAY!

For the record, Smith is horrible and always will be. All you guys who have sucked him off should be ashamed of yourselves.

People didn't suck him off, we just felt that he got a s**tty shot and had too much problems to deal with to be judged correctly. If he keeps playing like this 1 or 2 more weeks, yeah we're done with him. My problem with him today wasn't that he threw the 2 INTs, those were on Crabs. My problem was that he just left a bunch of plays on the field, and I feel the same way about the secondary and OLine. He should've done something to bring us back and didn't. Hopefully he gets his s**t together fast or we switch to another QB. But if we hadn't had such a s**tty team and organization and coaching we would've known sooner he was a bust or not good enough and we could've f**king moved on already.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Yeah, I wanna hear what he has to say about this s**t. It better pretty much amount to "yeah, we f**ked up" all the way around.

[ Edited by Blitz on Sep 12, 2010 at 17:51:29 ]
  • Mex49
Originally posted by ssahnan:
the m & m tweets say he is very late for the presser, been 20+ minutes and hadnt shown up yet...team getting chewed out is my guess

I hope he was yelling at his high school coaches. I can only imagine all the coaches coming out at Tuesday's practice and acting like their own s**t dont stink botching at the players.
Please somebody post highlights. I'm going to watch my Mystic Pizza DVD now.
So far nothing. Guessing not tonight.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Where in the hell is the damn presser. You got some splainin' ta do Sing.

Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Please somebody post highlights. I'm going to watch my Mystic Pizza DVD now.

Oooh is is the deluxe edition with When Harry Met Sally? -I might watch that too.
mattbarrows

Singletary: I do want you to understand that Alex is our quarterback and at no time did I think of putting David Carr in the football game.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Where in the hell is the damn presser. You got some splainin' ta do Sing.

It might be best for him to wait until tomorrow
Quote:
In some instances such as fourth-and-short scenarios, Singletary first had to decide whether to kick field goals or go for the first down. Smith said that those situations slowed down the process. "Oh yeah, it's frustrating," Smith said. "Absolutely."

As for Smith and Crabtree, that connection resulted in just two catches for six yards as well as two interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown. Smith said that Crabtree turned to run upfield on the first in which the ball ricocheted off the receiver. On the second, he said that he and Crabtree weren't on the same page.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/communication-p.html
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Somebody needs to tell him to STFU

Let his players become leaders

The wooden cross is played out

wow what are you TLC judge the clothes and apparel he wears pathetic
Share 49ersWebzone