There are 200 users in the forums

The silver lining

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Let me get a shot at this.

If that kind of loss had to happen, then thank god it happened now.

Remember last year? We were 3-1, looking like playoff contenders and Atlanta just handed it to us (40-something) and the team never recovered.

Now, we are 0-1. But we know the players are humbled (well, maybe except for Crabtree) and will not buy into the hype in a critical week.

Time to shake off this loss and move on. The Saints are coming. Let's try and shock the world because, frankly, se have nothing to lose.
nah im good
You are high
GO NINERS!!!

My sign for next weeks game --> "HEY JIMMY, STOP THE DAMN FB DIVE"
Manusky better get his stuff together than. He lost this game.
Manusky did not lose the game. Get real. He is the only one who can coach on our staff.

Can you go past rock bottom after week 1?

when the silver lining is that your playing the saints next week.

I think so.

Not looking good.

Smith sucks, sing sucks, Raye is even worse.
Originally posted by John-ATL:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

there were a whole bunch of things that went wrong. not just one thing explains this loss.
Originally posted by jpherring:
You are high
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

Remember last year? We were 3-1, looking like playoff contenders and Atlanta just handed it to us (40-something) and the team never recovered.

Now, we are 0-1. But we know the players are humbled (well, maybe except for Crabtree) and will not buy into the hype in a critical week.

Time to shake off this loss and move on. The Saints are coming. Let's try and shock the world because, frankly, se have nothing to lose.

You're talking like this game was a fluke or something...a little hiccup game for an otherwise great team.

What do you think is going to happen next against the Saints? Seriously.

If this was a great team, I would have expected a win today....and at least a competitive game next week. But even those expectations may be too optimistic.

• AZ9er
  • Veteran

I am with you. Today was a big wake up call, top to bottom. Lets hope it lights a fire under the teams butts. I think they will play better next week, a win would be awesome.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Can you say 0-2.
Originally posted by kray28:

You're talking like this game was a fluke or something...a little hiccup game for an otherwise great team.

What do you think is going to happen next against the Saints? Seriously.

If this was a great team, I would have expected a win today....and at least a competitive game next week. But even those expectations may be too optimistic.

It wouldn't be the first time a team stunk on week 1 and went on to have a solid season.

I know it's wishful thinking but, hey, sue me.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Can you say 0-2.

log off

One of the dumbest things ive heard.
The offense was terrible and the defense tried to take to many chances when we were playing well.

Not on Manusky.
Share 49ersWebzone