There are 236 users in the forums

Leadership

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Patrick Willis is a great player. If he keeps at the same pace he has been on, he will be in the HOF. Fo Sho.

I have yet to see in 3 years (and 1 game) any kind of leadership from P-Willy.

It doesn't detract from his play by the way, which is exemplary.

Just like BY. BY was a great player but Stubby was far more vocal.

BY should be in the HOF and I think he might get in eventually. When this team was imploding in the mid 2000s, BY never stepped forward.

This is not a thread dissing Willis. Leadership simply is not in his toolbox. It is stating what I think is true. Guys like Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, Ray Lewis, they were defensive leaders. I have yet to see anything out of #52 that leads me to believe that he could call a goal line stand in a Super Bowl. Is Willis going to anything other than show his guns (like he did at the end of the game).

I hate to bring up Hacksaw again and again but that guy led that defense in '81. Lott learned from him and passed that down.

Who on this defense would do that. Justin Smith.
dude i was saying the same thing watching the game.....and dats sad b/c everytime they talk about the 49ers it's sing and his leadership...where's the face of the franchise...52# has yet to step-up.

somebody needs to get mad....sing has the same expression during every game and i'm tired of it.
  • Mex49
NONE!!!!!!!
Alex Smith=Not a leader.
When Lott went to the Raiders, he was only one that could calm Haley down (junk notwithstanding). Charles was having a melt down and they called Ronnie from the Raiders locker room to calm Charles down.

When Ronnie talked, bulls***t stopped.

Period.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Alex Smith=Not a leader.

Alex Smith= Not an NFL Quarterback
Share 49ersWebzone