LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 428 users in the forums

The Future of ALEX SMITH...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Singletary is a joke and doesn't belong as an NFL head coach. He is a motivator and cheerleader. That is all. Game day decisions are way above him. Go for it on every 4th down and leave points on the field...

Yeah... it would be awesome to have those 6 pts back
Originally posted by ModestoNiner:
fool one game? one game? and u are gonna question him havin tha captain patch.... what about tha other 5 players wearin tha captain patch... they didnt win tha game for us.... get outta here with that stupid sh*t. o ya and wut about tha other 50 plus players???? captain patch aint magical.... im sorry for your stupidity....

What has he done in 6 seasons to warrant a captains patch. Nothing fool.
Originally posted by boast:
:womansuckinghorsec0ckanimatedgifhere:

not working, repost please.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Singletary is a joke and doesn't belong as an NFL head coach. He is a motivator and cheerleader. That is all. Game day decisions are way above him. Go for it on every 4th down and leave points on the field...

Yeah... it would be awesome to have those 6 pts back

It would have been the right way to manage the game at that point. How it got out of hand later is besides the point. Crabtree doesn't know his routes and when he does he doesn't complete them.
Originally posted by jones49:
fool one game? one game? and u are gonna question him havin tha captain patch.... what about tha other 5 players wearin tha captain patch... they didnt win tha game for us.... get outta here with that stupid sh*t. o ya and wut about tha other 50 plus players???? captain patch aint magical.... im sorry for your stupidity....

+1
u wanna talk about the future of alex after one game??? yes, he was in a terrible shape today but he was not the only bust on the field, by far.
The C actually stands for average but he may actually be worse
Originally posted by Shaj:
If Smith got it for being a leader, he lost the locker room today. A couple more goose eggs like that one and I think he will lose the entire locker room for good. The Captain patch in this case is just cosmetics, like lipstick on a pig.

well said, couldn't have said it better. Players are going to start to think they are just passing the C like a treat or something haha
these replays are painful to watch.
Originally posted by kelpie70:
You know what guys, I get it Alex did not pla well but Raye did not exactly help his QB today either by putting him in the best possible situation via play calling. until we start to use all of the weapons effectively that we collected in the offseason WE WILL BE DOOMED. placalling too bland and un original. I saw talent sitting in the first half that could have been on the field to aid Alex. Just imaging what sean Payton would do with all the weapons at his disposal! JIMMY RAYE, win or lose next week, I will be calling you out if the play selection is not much improved and the talent is NOT utilized better. Get it together Raye or you need to be stripped of your playcalling calinng duties ASAP!

Not only was the play calling poor but the staff took forever to convey the plays to the guys on the field, causing multiple "delay of game" penalties and at least two burned time-outs in the first half alone. Clock management was non-existent and this was an issue last year as well.
This team was so unprepared on so many levels that it is hard to count them all. They all should hide their heads after this dismal performance. I wonder now if the pluses that Sing brings to the team in terms of discipline and motivation outweigh the minuses he brings as far as game management.
San Francisco.....we have a problem!

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by jones49:

+1

Modesto nIner Smith has done what for this team? Show leadership? Nope. Led his team to a win? Nope. Took control of the huddle? Nope. So yeah you say 1 game, i say 6 years. Nuff said.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
these replays are painful to watch.

Don't put yourself through the misery.

He can never adjust and we were out-coached today by a college coach and a first year, 33yr old NFL OC.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Well, this is what the homers wanted. After watching Alex Smith fail for the past 5 years, the "realists" on this site (aka haters, fairweather fans, Raider lovers) have been asking for his head. Yet, the supporters continue to give him the thumbs up, citing his "potential" and "attitude" as his biggest attributes. Time to man up, people. Regardless of team play, I think we can summarize Smith's play in a few words every week.

WEEK 1: FAIL

-had the chance to take the crowd out early, but made poor throws to Norris and Morgan on consecutive drives (blame the receivers all you want for "catchable" balls, but poor ball placement is inexcusable for a 6 year vet).

-threw picks that need not be thrown. Panicked under pressure. Overthrew his receivers. Checked down too early and opted for short yardage when he had time to look deep (we're all too familiar with this).

-it was a team loss, but Smith was the catalyst behind the collapse.

Damn shame.....Some picked Seattle to be the worst team in the league this season (even more putrid than STL), yet they man handled us.

We wasted 6 years for this s**t..............6 years.

:insertfullyerectdancingmidgettrannyanimatedgifhere:

[ Edited by boast on Sep 12, 2010 at 17:25:29 ]
i think he should be cut right now , not even waite for next week or another second ! oh lord , oh i forgot he practices well that's what Sing want not a guy with a rifle arm like Nate Davis no with someone who comes early to practise and throw it either abouve the WR or behind him !
Share 49ersWebzone