LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

The Future of ALEX SMITH...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Well, this is what the homers wanted. After watching Alex Smith fail for the past 5 years, the "realists" on this site (aka haters, fairweather fans, Raider lovers) have been asking for his head. Yet, the supporters continue to give him the thumbs up, citing his "potential" and "attitude" as his biggest attributes. Time to man up, people. Regardless of team play, I think we can summarize Smith's play in a few words every week.

WEEK 1: FAIL

-had the chance to take the crowd out early, but made poor throws to Norris and Morgan on consecutive drives (blame the receivers all you want for "catchable" balls, but poor ball placement is inexcusable for a 6 year vet).

-threw picks that need not be thrown. Panicked under pressure. Overthrew his receivers. Checked down too early and opted for short yardage when he had time to look deep (we're all too familiar with this).

-it was a team loss, but Smith was the catalyst behind the collapse.

Damn shame.....Some picked Seattle to be the worst team in the league this season (even more putrid than STL), yet they man handled us.

We wasted 6 years for this s**t..............6 years.
Smith is not the QB for the 49ers....missed a lot of open recievers by not checking down the field...had a lot of bad throws to open recievers.

Once again they try to leave up to the defense to bail them out and it wasn't going to happen today.

In reality the 49ers should have drafted Rodgers over Smith, but that's too late now....we might have to suck this year up and hope to draft or get a better QB, because I really don't see any of the QB's we have now taking us to the playoffs
So right! And Crab bush showed how much he needed to play in pre season.
No pass rush, O line rookies a long way away. Smith will never be what we need.
Just take a look at the other good QB'S and how they play, He has none of those
attributes. DB'S looked lost and confused. We need Really smart Coach to bring it
all together. Sings Rah, Rah, Shiscumba, only goes so far. I so looked forward to
this season and now it sure looks bleak.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Dude, ban this fu*king phaggot.

He only comes out when the niners lose.

I now am in the bandwagon to draft a qb asap, but this dude here only posts when we lose.

QFT

Today's loss was a team effort.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
an NBC analyst (former player, can't remember his name) during the evening pre-game just now said "Alex Smith is a first overall pick, but he is playing like a 7th round pick!" Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • buhda
  • Veteran
It is what it is.....You surround him with all the weapons and can't even put it in the endzone....The Alex Smith Project will expire after this season.
Alex sucked ass this game.

I'd give him one more week, if he doesn't play like he did in the first half against the Saints, then f**king get off my team. He missed so many easy plays out there, it's unbelievable.
Maybe it was a bit premature of Sing to give im that C patch. Today showed he had no leadership while on the field. What do you guys think?
Nope
Why even one more week. Nothing will change! Try Carr or anything. He had plenty
of time in the first half and still missed the recivers.

The combination of Raye's playcalling and Alex Smith's poor performances is going to doom this season.

The team lost today not just because Smith stunk it up, but because the team was out coached. That's scary considering that we play against two good coaching staffs on the road (Chiefs & Falcons) and two playoff teams at home.

If the team starts out 1-4, then I hope Singletary relieves Raye of playcalling duties. As for Alex Smith, the team doesn't have another viable option at QB. Looks like the team is gonna start the season slow, but I think they can still dig themselves out of the hole. Either way, Alex Smith is gone after this season.
I'm sooooo sick of this Alex Sh%&!!! I was behind Sing but I'm really starting to doubt his ability to lead this team. Number 1, we should have gone after McNabb....we only had 2 first rounds picks..WTF!! Number 2, did Westbrook even dress today?!?!?

I say bring on Gruden, Nate Davis, Big Ben or anybody who can even resemble a NFL Quality QB!!
Originally posted by Method:
Alex sucked ass this game.

I'd give him one more week, if he doesn't play like he did in the first half against the Saints, then f**king get off my team. He missed so many easy plays out there, it's unbelievable.

Agreed man. He left plays out on the field. He's better than that (we've seen it). He just imploded.

Crabtree was unprofessional to say the least. More than Smith...that was EXTREMELY disappointing. I feel like there is locker room drama with Crabs.
  • Mex49
SHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Shaj:
6 years, 6 years of this franchise with this clown at QB.

Not really.

You forgot the JTO Express and the Shaun Hill Starship.
Share 49ersWebzone