There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

seattle game who is at fault

Originally posted by kingairta:
I was expecting poor play from the oline given we have a new center and two rookies.

Keep in mind I've been an alex supporter and I'm not happy at all.

I put the blame 1st on 11.

That first TD catch by Morgan that went ob was 11s fault for throwing too high, the drop by Norris in the EZ was also 11s fault for throwing too high, he over threw Ginn who was ahead of the DB and on a clear run for the EZ.

Towards the end of the came you can see Morgan getting on smith for throwing high and getting them killed.

Coaching would be the next group I get onto.

Why in the hell do you call a to on the 2nd play of the game?

Next would be the secondary. Over aggressiveness killed em.

Pass rush. What pass rush?

I really hope today's game gets all the stupidness out of the team so we can go on and do well.

2nd play of the game was headset issue. Duh.

Smith threw it to the place where only the Receiver(Morgan could get it.) the pass to Norris was high, but Norris could have back up and caught the frigging thing w/o leaving his feet. Morgan was shoved out which is legal but he's got to keep his legs down. Not Punt as he's getting the completion.

And apparently you didn't watch the game with a reasonable eye mr. "Keep in mind I've been an alex supporter and I'm not happy at all." I mean WTF are you? Never seen you say one way or the other. But we have to "Keep in mind..." get real.

They basically owned us because we were not as prepared as they were. Can't really blame our coaching on that since they had some help. I don't mean you can't be unhappy with Coaching, cause Raye and Sing obviously should have thrown the Playbook away for this game and stayed conservative in the 1st half. Look at the ToP in the 1st half. It was so lopsided in our favor that we could have kept them off the field with a lot of personnel changes in the backfield. Instead. WB was on the sidelines, Dixon was on the sidelines and Frank and Norris played the entire half. Hardly ran the ball and it killed us.

I seriously wish people would stop the blame game where Smith is concerned. Dude did as well as one should expect given the issues in this game. He played pretty well the entire 1st half. Soon as they got momentum and took advantage of our Rookies on the Line (And Snyder) we were done.

Period.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by bret:
Originally posted by kray28:
Smith has been fine for the most part, he is not the problem, not sue why he is being blamed.

Problem is coaching/playcalling foremost. Then it's our inability to run the ball. Then our defense taking unnecessary risks in coverage, and lack of a pass rush.

While I agree with you abouu play calling/ofensive philosophy, you're wrong about Alex not being to blame.

Both are to blame.

The club had the ball inside the 10 yard line 3 times in the first half and came away with 6 points! The pass to Norris wasn't horrible, but it wasn't the play that was needed. The pass to Morgan was good, but it wasn't complete. The 4th down turnover wasn't good by anyone.

But more importantly, after the tide turned, he wasn't able to rally the team. He didn't take command, he made poor throws. Frankly, when things break down, he is unable to make plays. Steve Young talks repeatedly about how the measure of a quarterback isn't how he executes when things are going well, but how he executes when things are breaking down around him, and on this score Alex fails miserably!

This my friend is so true and essentially sums up Alex Smith career to this point. When the pressure is on, HE IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! He panics far too often. He needs to step back take a breath and have a calming influence on the team like a true leader would.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I was expecting poor play from the oline given we have a new center and two rookies.

That first TD catch by Morgan that went ob was 11s fault for throwing too high, the drop by Norris in the EZ was also 11s fault for throwing too high, he over threw Ginn who was ahead of the DB and on a clear run for the EZ.

Towards the end of the came you can see Morgan getting on smith for throwing high and getting them killed.

I really hope today's game gets all the stupidness out of the team so we can go on and do well.

Smith threw it to the place where only the Receiver(Morgan could get it.) the pass to Norris was high, but Norris could have back up and caught the frigging thing w/o leaving his feet. Morgan was shoved out which is legal but he's got to keep his legs down. Not Punt as he's getting the completion.

And apparently you didn't watch the game with a reasonable eye mr. "Keep in mind I've been an alex supporter and I'm not happy at all." I mean WTF are you? Never seen you say one way or the other. But we have to "Keep in mind..." get real.

They basically owned us because we were not as prepared as they were. Can't really blame our coaching on that since they had some help. I don't mean you can't be unhappy with Coaching, cause Raye and Sing obviously should have thrown the Playbook away for this game and stayed conservative in the 1st half. Look at the ToP in the 1st half. It was so lopsided in our favor that we could have kept them off the field with a lot of personnel changes in the backfield. Instead. WB was on the sidelines, Dixon was on the sidelines and Frank and Norris played the entire half. Hardly ran the ball and it killed us.

I seriously wish people would stop the blame game where Smith is concerned. Dude did as well as one should expect given the issues in this game. He played pretty well the entire 1st half. Soon as they got momentum and took advantage of our Rookies on the Line (And Snyder) we were done.

Period.

~Ceadder

WTF am I? A passionate fan who doesn't hate on it's team individuals but is not afraid to call a spade a spade.

Alex was horrible today plain and simple. An average QB could have done better.

The 1st half dominance in posession was because of the D and the dink and dunks between the 20s.

Maybe you should open your eyes and quit being so blind.

[ Edited by kingairta on Sep 12, 2010 at 17:51:38 ]
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Period.

~Ceadder

You're right Smith did play well AT FIRST.

But then he sucked man. Just accept it. He folded like a lawn chair. Did the rest of the team fold as well? Sure. But he's the leader and therefore he will be magnified. Deservedly so.
Originally posted by Always49erfan:
Hello everyone,

I am writing this from my hospital room. I have something called Cystic Fibrosis and had to go into the hospital over kickoff weekend. I was really looking forward to this game thinking it would lift my spirits, but umm, it really did not go as planned. A few things I want to get off my chest:

This is my first post on the Webzone! I love reading what everyone has to say. It makes these hospitalizations go by a little faster.

Welcome and hope you get better mate

-9fA
I have been following games on the Zone for a couple of years, I finally decided to make an account to post. Am I the only one who feels like drinking myself into oblivion to make the pain stop, regardless of the consequences?

[ Edited by DrofThuganomics on Sep 12, 2010 at 18:00:04 ]
OC they should only let Alex throw out the gun from now on or replace him he can't function under center,
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Hello everyone,

I am writing this from my hospital room. I have something called Cystic Fibrosis and had to go into the hospital over kickoff weekend. I was really looking forward to this game thinking it would lift my spirits, but umm, it really did not go as planned. A few things I want to get off my chest:

This is my first post on the Webzone! I love reading what everyone has to say. It makes these hospitalizations go by a little faster.

Welcome and hope you get better mate

-9fA

Yeah friend, God bless you and get better soon. Sorry these guys did not perform too well today. I think we have the soldiers but the generals running the show tend to leave a lot to be desired you know. Mostly Raye and the lack of imagination.

we started out so good then we hit a complete free fall...we looked completely immature out there
Smith and Raye get the biggest blame. Both are simply mediocre at best, but Singletary is too blind and stubborn to see it.
Hello everyone,

1. While I am sure Alex Smith is a great guy, I dont feel he can be the qb we need to get back into the playoffs. I have heard all the excuses over the years and even I thought that maybe now with the same OC, that he could learn the system and make the decisions needed to win. Clearly this is not happening. I know about how when he got here we had a bad o-line, Nolan treated him like crap, and he got injured. But nonetheless, it is obvious that this experiment has gone on too long. I am not just saying this because of what happened today, but what has happened over the last few years. Again, I have nothing against him personally. I just feel it is time that both he and the 49ers part ways, after this season.

2. Our OC. Again, nothing personal against the guy. But he runs a very predictable offense and doesnt seem to be able to adjust. Some of the plays he calls in are so vanilla in nature, that it really doesnt fool the defense at all.

3. Our coach. This is hard for me as I really do like him, he is a person of faith and character, and the players look to him as a father-figure. However, our players need a coach who is well prepared for the opposing team and have a game plan to execute as well as make adjustments to at half time if need be. It is one thing to be a motivational speaker, but another to be a coach. He talks too about being physical with a 'F'. And while that sounds good, if we arent prepared with a 'P' and dont use out talent with a 'T' properly, we will end up loosing with a 'L'. Again, i do like the man, but we need to go in a different direction if we dont end up with a winning record this year. And after what I saw today, I have concerns that we wont even reach 8-8. I hope I am wrong.

Again, i dont want to sound like a 'hater' as I do like these guys, but professionally, this is not working out. A new coach, OC, and acquiring a new QB via the draft or trade I think is best. We have waited way too long in relation to Alex and as a result, it has set us back a good 3 years plus. If we dont have a 9-7 record or better at the end of the season, I hope Jed can make the hard decision to turn the page. Especially if he is looking for funding for a new stadium.

Great post man and get well soon!

You're points are all right on too.

Alex still throws way too high, doesn't have the intangibles to pull in the team with leadership ability and has zero touch on short passes. He reads seem to be better but he always ends up checking down.

Coaching - how much preparation does a defense need with 3 WR routes, 1 TE route and a bunch of weapons that won't ever be used correctly? Seattle can thank us for that easy gift.

Singletary may have lost this team. His and Raye's philosophy of keeping it close and trying to win in the 4th quarter is outdated. Seattle OC came in off the streets and outcoached us, no doubt. Their defensive coordinator dialed up blitzes all day (b/c that's our weakness). What do we do? We keep Lawson/Haralson in almost the whole game = zero pressures. No adjustments at halftime, terrible timeouts, miscommunications and aside Walker, where did we take advantage of their weaknesses? It's time for a real X's & O's coach and players who fit a proper scheme. We have too many one-dimensional players. There was one way Hassleback would beat us and that's if he had time. It's been well documented Manny/Parys = zero pass rush. At least they used LaBoy in the 4th...too little, too late.

We need Brooks/Briggs back ASAP!
Lots of blame to go around, but for today and beyond there's no question Raye and Alex take the majority of the blame.

Besides getting in the plays slowly, Raye can't be wasting two critical red zone plays to Moran Norris with Gore/VD/Crabs available. Maybe he's confused and still thinks he has Tony Richardson at fullback...

As for Alex, he gives up on plays way too easily at the first hint of pressure. If someone gets near him, he either rushes a bad throw or rolls out to his right. If you watch any of the better QBs in the league, they all do a much better job of staying alive in the pocket before throwing or rolling out. Not to mention he throws everything high.
Easy. Sing and Clements

We had complete control of this game. And for all the slow people, Alex Smith can only manage games we are in control of.

Sing's fault because he failed to ride out Alex Smith managing a game and Nedney for FG's. Had Sing let Nedney kick the FG's we probably would have controlled the entire game.

Clements fault, because like the moron that he is, he pissed off the zebra's on a failed 3rd down conversion, he begged for a flag and got one, duh who woulda thunka it? For those not paying attention, that is precisely where the game turned
Originally posted by znk916:
Lots of blame to go around, but for today and beyond there's no question Raye and Alex take the majority of the blame.

Besides getting in the plays slowly, Raye can't be wasting two critical red zone plays to Moran Norris with Gore/VD/Crabs available. Maybe he's confused and still thinks he has Tony Richardson at fullback...

As for Alex, he gives up on plays way too easily at the first hint of pressure. If someone gets near him, he either rushes a bad throw or rolls out to his right. If you watch any of the better QBs in the league, they all do a much better job of staying alive in the pocket before throwing or rolling out. Not to mention he throws everything high.

Alex Does this every year. Every game. Roll to his right at the slightest bit of pressure. You almost never see him side step to buy himself more time in the pocket.

It's always roll to his right, throw out of bounds.

[ Edited by Hopper on Sep 12, 2010 at 18:28:16 ]
Originally posted by danimal:
Easy. Sing and Clements

We had complete control of this game. And for all the slow people, Alex Smith can only manage games we are in control of.

Sing's fault because he failed to ride out Alex Smith managing a game and Nedney for FG's. Had Sing let Nedney kick the FG's we probably would have controlled the entire game.

Clements fault, because like the moron that he is, he pissed off the zebra's on a failed 3rd down conversion, he begged for a flag and got one, duh who woulda thunka it? For those not paying attention, that is precisely where the game turned

he had every right to be mad on that one he wouldve got a pick 6