There are 256 users in the forums

VD at WR question

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WINiner:
IMO it's because Davis doesn't have the agility to run precise routes on a consistent basis, which is fine cause he's a TE. He's not supposed to be a WR running precise routes.

good knowledge
I line him up in my 4- WR spread in madden.
As mentioned by ads 2006, vernon was used at WR, slot, heck all over the place in several games. No question when that happens, the D is definitely confused, and whether vd is primary receiver or not, it does put the hurt on the D, as to "who do i actually cover" That was apparent several times, and mismatches happened.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

He already lines up as a WR in Madden, in Gun-y slot. One of my favorite packages.
Originally posted by prime21:

He already lines up as a WR in Madden, in Gun-y slot. One of my favorite packages.

You are using Madden to justify an answer? That seems lame.
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by prime21:

You are using Madden to justify an answer? That seems lame.

lol technically we're all "lame." we're all about stats, and big football fan junkies, whatever you want to call it. So thank you.
Originally posted by WINiner:
IMO it's because Davis doesn't have the agility to run precise routes on a consistent basis, which is fine cause he's a TE. He's not supposed to be a WR running precise routes.

All we need to throw to him is a 9 route but thrown to his backside shoulder at around 11 yards. The Saints did this with Shockey yesterday and his size completely shielded the defender for an easy catch. The only problem is that Davis doesn't seem as good at adjusting like that and making a smooth catch.
Share 49ersWebzone