LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

49ers 27th most popular team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by RageFury:
Your Super Bowls don't matter much anymore, sorry. :) Hell, my Seahawks are nearly ranked the same, and we have yet to win a Super Bowl.

Spoken like a fan of a team who hasn't won one. I don't understand how anyone can possibly say "Your SB wins don't matter". People, that is the freaking objective of the game. SB wins = Power and Rank. Whether yesterday or 40 years ago, Super Bowl wins have, and always will, matter.

I didn't say your Super Bowls don't matter, I said they don't matter much anymore; as in, in regards to this ranking; and the proof is right there on the list. Do it during your glory years and you'd be in the top 3. Proof that Super Bowls matter, but only RECENT ones. (and yes, that's a dig at all the 49ers fans that do nothing but talk about how great they were back in the stone age in terms of defending the 49ers as they are right now)

A football team isn't composed of what is has done "just recently", a team's greatness depends on it's entire history. Super Bowl wins do still matter, even if they were so long ago, as they are a testament of the greatness that the San Francisco 49ers have achieved, one that team in seattle hasn't even sniffed.

In regards to the "numbers", if you actually look at the study it proves nothing, just who was talked about most. If there was little last year to talk about, good or bad or neutral, your team ranks low. Simple, poorly based study.

Legacy and popularity are different things though. Our legacy is Top 3 in the league. Our current popularity is probably in the bottom 5-10.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Your Super Bowls don't matter much anymore, sorry. :) Hell, my Seahawks are nearly ranked the same, and we have yet to win a Super Bowl.

Spoken like a fan of a team who hasn't won one. I don't understand how anyone can possibly say "Your SB wins don't matter". People, that is the freaking objective of the game. SB wins = Power and Rank. Whether yesterday or 40 years ago, Super Bowl wins have, and always will, matter.

I didn't say your Super Bowls don't matter, I said they don't matter much anymore; as in, in regards to this ranking; and the proof is right there on the list. Do it during your glory years and you'd be in the top 3. Proof that Super Bowls matter, but only RECENT ones. (and yes, that's a dig at all the 49ers fans that do nothing but talk about how great they were back in the stone age in terms of defending the 49ers as they are right now)

A football team isn't composed of what is has done "just recently", a team's greatness depends on it's entire history. Super Bowl wins do still matter, even if they were so long ago, as they are a testament of the greatness that the San Francisco 49ers have achieved, one that team in seattle hasn't even sniffed.

In regards to the "numbers", if you actually look at the study it proves nothing, just who was talked about most. If there was little last year to talk about, good or bad or neutral, your team ranks low. Simple, poorly based study.

Legacy and popularity are different things though. Our legacy is Top 3 in the league. Our current popularity is probably in the bottom 5-10.

I realize that, I simply take exception to the statement of "super bowls don't matter anymore". I think it's an extremely stupid thing to say.
  • flow
  • Veteran
I realize that, I simply take exception to the statement of "super bowls don't matter anymore". I think it's an extremely stupid thing to say.

The stupidity is on you, as you're taking what I said out of context; kind of like the media and how they mis-quote celebrities and politicians to make them sound like they said something they didn't.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Those rankings are clearly garbage. No one likes the Lions more than the 49ers.
Pretty much sums it up.
They said they used the number of visitors to the teams official site. If they used the number of visitors to the Zone instead of 49ers.com it would of changed the list. If they went international, it would have changed the list.

This is seriously flawed.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

The stupidity is on you, as you're taking what I said out of context; kind of like the media and how they mis-quote celebrities and politicians to make them sound like they said something they didn't.

The words are right here in black and gray buddy, your just ashamed because you realize you shouldn't have said it.

I don't think there's much there to misquote or take out of context.
Originally posted by craigyboy:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Who cares.. 49ers are #1 on my list.
The Raiders are way to low as well. I bet they did this survey in the 90's it would be a way different story
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
They said they used the number of visitors to the teams official site. If they used the number of visitors to the Zone instead of 49ers.com it would of changed the list. If they went international, it would have changed the list.

This is seriously flawed.

ohhhhhh, well there you go.

this

Originally posted by ninerlifer:
The Raiders are way to low as well. I bet they did this survey in the 90's it would be a way different story

+1

This list is horse sh1t. There is no way that the Raiders are that low. So in California, according to that list, the Chargers are the most popular team? . Who would have thought Dan Fouts and Kellen Winslow had made such a impression on the NFL's ability to put California on the map and not Montana and Rice. Who'd of thunk it? Laughable. 2nd most Super Bowls in NFL history and listed with the Jags and Buccaneers? And if this is just based on this year or last few years, its still some bullsh. But as others have said, if we make the playoffs and make a run for that 6th, suddenly we'll be in the top 5 with everybody will be sniffin up some Niner azz.

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Sep 9, 2010 at 16:16:51 ]

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Sep 9, 2010 at 16:14:19 ]
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Those rankings are clearly garbage. No one likes the Lions more than the 49ers.

And the Cardinals over the Niners? Please....

C'mon now, I can understand teams with worse records than our teams being ranked low but the Cards have what 3 or 4 winning seasons with a new Stadium in one of the BIGGEST cities in the nation? I can see them being ranked above our team.

Remember winning teams draw bandwagon fans like sh@t does flies. Soon as the pile is consumed they move on to the next team.

Won't be long before this team starts drawing them back.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone