There are 172 users in the forums

49ers 27th most popular team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If Favre didn't leave everyone wondering what he is going to do every year I guarntee the Vikings wouldn't be so high on that list.

The only thing I can agree with is the #1 spot becuase there are a lot of phags who like the cowboys.
Originally posted by Jcool:
In a first-of-its-kind study performed this summer, Nielsen Co., the media-research firm, developed a system for ranking the popularity of NFL teams based on each team's local and national TV rankings, how often they're mentioned on the Internet and how many visitors they attract to their official websites. The report, dubbed the Nielsen Sports Media Exposure Index, is the company's first attempt to classify pro-football teams in this manner.

A Study Ranks All 32 in TV Viewers and Online Cachet

Id rather be number 32 on this list, and number one in the NFL next year with a 6th championship!
California (and other warm weather) teams tend to have more fair weather fans. This is not because the fans are bad, it's because we have more options. When the 49ers are bad, you can sit and watch the game, or you can go outside, go for a hike, surf, snowboard, whatever. When the Lions are bad, you're pretty much stuck in the house, if you're in Detroit.

Couple that with a half decade without a winning season and it makes sense that our team is down in the rankings. I guarantee that if the Chargers and Cardinals had been bad for the last few years, they would be ranked lower than they are.
Cardinals over 49ers means this list loses all credibility.
This is a list of who's up and who's down. If you had taken this survey 15 years ago it would have been completely different. If you take it 15 years from now it will be completely different. I mean, c'mon, if you had taken this survey 5 years ago where would the Saints have been?
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Who cares.. 49ers are #1 on my list.
real talk
  • Mex49
Sucking balls for 8 years will scare people away. Ask the world what they think about us after this season.

# 1
Your Super Bowls don't matter much anymore, sorry. :) Hell, my Seahawks are nearly ranked the same, and we have yet to win a Super Bowl.
Originally posted by RageFury:
Your Super Bowls don't matter much anymore, sorry. :) Hell, my Seahawks are nearly ranked the same, and we have yet to win a Super Bowl.

Keep telling yourself that, you may just believe it.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Spoken like a fan of a team who hasn't won one. I don't understand how anyone can possibly say "Your SB wins don't matter". People, that is the freaking objective of the game. SB wins = Power and Rank. Whether yesterday or 40 years ago, Super Bowl wins have, and always will, matter.

Originally posted by Janitor:

Spoken like a fan of a team who hasn't won one. I don't understand how anyone can possibly say "Your SB wins don't matter". People, that is the freaking objective of the game. SB wins = Power and Rank. Whether yesterday or 40 years ago, Super Bowl wins have, and always will, matter.

Maybe Rage is satisfied with banners that claim they won the division?
Sounds about right. The last 7-8 years have pushed us off of the national radar, and rightfully so. If this poll was taken 5 years ago, I'd bet that the Saints would have been in the bottom 5.

I think the only team on that list that would be close to their current ranking despite their on the field success is Dallas.

I didn't say your Super Bowls don't matter, I said they don't matter much anymore; as in, in regards to this ranking; and the proof is right there on the list. Do it during your glory years and you'd be in the top 3. Proof that Super Bowls matter, but only RECENT ones. (and yes, that's a dig at all the 49ers fans that do nothing but talk about how great they were back in the stone age in terms of defending the 49ers as they are right now)
Hahahahahaahahahahahaha 5 superbowls.................Greatest Qb ever........................27 right now or of all time people?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

I didn't say your Super Bowls don't matter, I said they don't matter much anymore; as in, in regards to this ranking; and the proof is right there on the list. Do it during your glory years and you'd be in the top 3. Proof that Super Bowls matter, but only RECENT ones. (and yes, that's a dig at all the 49ers fans that do nothing but talk about how great they were back in the stone age in terms of defending the 49ers as they are right now)

A football team isn't composed of what is has done "just recently", a team's greatness depends on it's entire history. Super Bowl wins do still matter, even if they were so long ago, as they are a testament of the greatness that the San Francisco 49ers have achieved, one that team in seattle hasn't even sniffed.

In regards to the "numbers", if you actually look at the study it proves nothing, just who was talked about most. If there was little last year to talk about, good or bad or neutral, your team ranks low. Simple, poorly based study.
Share 49ersWebzone