There are 227 users in the forums

Coach Sing gets his men, ingenious!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Don't fool yourself, we spent 10 grand on special etch a sketch's to teach Nate the playbook. We cant walk away from that kind of financial commitment just yet.

First of all, lame joke. But, people who hate on the kid will surely find it funny.

Second, you're only fooling yourself if you don't think Singletary's words about Nate Davis aren't responsible for nobody else claiming him.

Uh...don't, aren't, nobody else...is that a triple negative?
Originally posted by eddie_arkadia:
Look let's reason here...

Davis didn't impress in training camp or the preseason in the eyes of those whose opinions matter the most, namely the coaching staff. Whether it's Davis' learning disability or not, Coach Singletary and the entire offensive coaching staff felt that he was not ready. Even if he's supposed to be a project, the Niners mentality this year is not development, they need results now.

Carr is just now learning this offense, but has 5-6 season under his belt, so he knows how to play NFL type ball (albeit not pro bowl caliber, but he was brought in as a back up). Nate Davis still is inexperienced and potential is there, but that means squat when you're trying to win now, as well as Coach Singletary saying that he was supposed to push Carr and wasn't even close.

So the Niners take a risk and release Davis, sign Troy Smith who's a capable vet, who won't need 2-3 years to develop and could possibly keep him next year.

And so 31 other teams passed on Davis and he's back on the practice squad. Doesn't mean he'll stay there for long. Any team could possibly claim him still to put on their active roster or the Niners could simply release him to make room for someone else if they feel there is a need. So yes Davis is still a Niner, but with Davis' inability to learn an offense quickly, in the "Not Now, but Right Now" NFL, Davis' natural ability make him only practice squad QB at best. He might be better in the UFL or the AFL. IMHO

Great post and welcome.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
When you disrespect Nate for having a learning disability you're also insulting Frank the Tank. He has the same problem and is full proof that one can succeed in this league with such obstacles. You members aren't Niner fans who stoop to such levels. I don't care how long you've been following football.

Makes you wonder how they treat friends and family members that are mentally and/or physically challenged.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by eddie_arkadia:
Look let's reason here...

Davis didn't impress in training camp or the preseason in the eyes of those whose opinions matter the most, namely the coaching staff. Whether it's Davis' learning disability or not, Coach Singletary and the entire offensive coaching staff felt that he was not ready. Even if he's supposed to be a project, the Niners mentality this year is not development, they need results now.

Carr is just now learning this offense, but has 5-6 season under his belt, so he knows how to play NFL type ball (albeit not pro bowl caliber, but he was brought in as a back up). Nate Davis still is inexperienced and potential is there, but that means squat when you're trying to win now, as well as Coach Singletary saying that he was supposed to push Carr and wasn't even close.

So the Niners take a risk and release Davis, sign Troy Smith who's a capable vet, who won't need 2-3 years to develop and could possibly keep him next year.

And so 31 other teams passed on Davis and he's back on the practice squad. Doesn't mean he'll stay there for long. Any team could possibly claim him still to put on their active roster or the Niners could simply release him to make room for someone else if they feel there is a need. So yes Davis is still a Niner, but with Davis' inability to learn an offense quickly, in the "Not Now, but Right Now" NFL, Davis' natural ability make him only practice squad QB at best. He might be better in the UFL or the AFL. IMHO

Great post and welcome.

I expect him to be picked up toward the end of the season by someone, hoping they can do something with him over the offseason, but he won't help anyone on the field this year.
Don't fool yourself, we spent 10 grand on special etch a sketch's to teach Nate the playbook. We cant walk away from that kind of financial commitment just yet.

First of all, lame joke. But, people who hate on the kid will surely find it funny.

Second, you're only fooling yourself if you don't think Singletary's words about Nate Davis aren't responsible for nobody else claiming him.

I thought it was a clever joke. And no, I don't hate on Davis, I just don't think he has all the tools to be an NFL QB.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

I thought it was a clever joke. And no, I don't hate on Davis, I just don't think he has all the tools to be an NFL QB.

I feel the same way... when did everyone get so sensitive? This is a football forum, if you can't take a little sh*t talking, then GTFO. Do people realize they've built very successful TV shows around poking fun of people that are in the public eye (TOSH.0, SNL, etc.)? It doesn't mean anyone thinks it's fact, it's just for people that actually have a sense of humor.

Although, being sensitive to comments that weren't directed at you or someone you actually know makes sense if it helps to further your agenda.
Originally posted by STNiner:
Umm isnt that what i said? Sing intentionally said negative things, so Nobody would claim him

It's obviously flying over some heads in here.

I thought our fanbase was supposed to be knowledgeable?

Knowledgable or consipracy nuts?

Another theory: coach let some negative opinions fly because he was irritated & annoyed with a player. I know, not a very sexy theory that will generate pages of debate.

Does anybody care if Singletary's public ripping of Nate Davis had something to do with him clearing waivers?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Does anybody care if Singletary's public ripping of Nate Davis had something to do with him clearing waivers?

If Singletary released Vernon Davis after the benching incident how much do you want to bet that he's on a different team the next day.

Get it thru your heads Nate Davis supporters. Troy Smith was a Raven when Singletary made those comments. Singletary did not know that he was going to be a Niner at that time.
Share 49ersWebzone