There are 183 users in the forums

Coach Sing gets his men, ingenious!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by STNiner:
Umm isnt that what i said? Sing intentionally said negative things, so Nobody would claim him

And you think if you can figure that out, at least one of 31 other teams can't?
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by STNiner:
Umm isnt that what i said? Sing intentionally said negative things, so Nobody would claim him

It's obviously flying over some heads in here.

I thought our fanbase was supposed to be knowledgeable?

Im sure that played a small part in nobody getting him but not all of it. So get over yourself
Originally posted by jeremy300:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Don't fool yourself, we spent 10 grand on special etch a sketch's to teach Nate the playbook. We cant walk away from that kind of financial commitment just yet.

First of all, lame joke. But, people who hate on the kid will surely find it funny.

Second, you're only fooling yourself if you don't think Singletary's words about Nate Davis aren't responsible for nobody else claiming him.

lol your only fooling yourself if you think 1 mans word affect what other teams would have, or wanted to do, if anyone thought this poor excuse for a project QB was any good, he would not be a 49er anymore, the only reason he is back is because he probably knows more of the playbook than a QB off the streets....although not by much from what i read lol

Perfect example of someone who's brain can't compute strategy.

Teams don't know anything about Nate Davis besides what they see in his physical tools, which are apparent. If Singletary hadn't said what he said, teams would have shown interest in him solely based on his physical abilities. I know it's hard for you to process, but give it a shot.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Don't fool yourself, we spent 10 grand on special etch a sketch's to teach Nate the playbook. We cant walk away from that kind of financial commitment just yet.

First of all, lame joke.

Second, you're only fooling yourself if you don't think Singletary's words about Nate Davis aren't responsible for nobody else claiming him.

GREAT response.

I guess we're done here.

So... now it's a conspiracy?

Why else would a coach come out and openly bash any player, only to want them to stick around? I guess I'm the only one besides the OP who's brain processes things other than what is thoroughly explained to them, in great detail.

It's not that hard to figure out.

I would say that if I was a GM knowing that the kid admitted he only knew 2/3 of the playbook after 1 1/2 years would be more than enough to keep me from putting him on my active roster... Sings words were meaningless... Davis' on the other hand sunk him... it also didn't help his situation that he laughed off Sing calling him out during the preseason. NO team has the time needed to devote to him as a member of the 53 roster. That is why Nate is on the practice squad.

First of all, lame joke. But, people who hate on the kid will surely find it funny.

Why does there have to be some sort of civil war between nate and alex "supporters"? Just because they don't see it your way doesn't mean they hate the kid,.... unless the kid's name is Mark Roman..

First of all, lame joke.

GREAT response.

I guess we're done here.

Why else would a coach come out and openly bash any player, only to want them to stick around? I guess I'm the only one besides the OP who's brain processes things other than what is thoroughly explained to them, in great detail.

Okay, every team in the league passed on him MULTIPLE TIMES in the draft.

Then 18 months later every team in the league passed on him again.

As a matter of fact, every team in the league didn't even want him on their practice squad, much less their active roster.

And this is all Singletary's doing???

LOL!

Originally posted by Pick6:

First of all, lame joke.

GREAT response.

I guess we're done here.

I would say that if I was a GM knowing that the kid admitted he only knew 2/3 of the playbook after 1 1/2 years would be more than enough to keep me from putting him on my active roster... Sings words were meaningless... Davis' on the other hand sunk him... it also didn't help his situation that he laughed off Sing calling him out during the preseason. NO team has the time needed to devote to him as a member of the 53 roster. That is why Nate is on the practice squad.

I do agree that Nate Davis buried himself by not being able to learn. What I'm saying, though, is some teams would likely take a chance on him if Singletary hadn't openly bashed him in the media. Coaches never do this and it had to play a role. I'm not saying Nate Davis isn't responsible for nobody claiming him, just that Singletary's words were obviously strategic and likely had a big role in nobody claiming him.

First of all, lame joke.

GREAT response.

I guess we're done here.

I do agree that Nate Davis buried himself by not being able to learn. What I'm saying, though, is some teams would likely take a chance on him if Singletary hadn't openly bashed him in the media. Coaches never do this and it had to play a role. I'm not saying Nate Davis isn't responsible for nobody claiming him, just that Singletary's words were obviously strategic and likely had a big role in nobody claiming him.

Wow Rider, you're so far off base it makes me wonder if you're just joking.

You're just joking right?

Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

Why does there have to be some sort of civil war between nate and alex "supporters"? Just because they don't see it your way doesn't mean they hate the kid,.... unless the kid's name is Mark Roman..

When you come out and openly talk sh*t about the guy, you're hating on him. Period.

I support all our players (minus David Carr), not just Alex or Nate. So I'm not a "Nate supporter" or "alex supporter," I'm a 49ers supporter.

First of all, lame joke.

GREAT response.

I guess we're done here.

Wow Rider, you're so far off base it makes me wonder if you're just joking.

You're just joking right?

Oh well, you have your mind made up. I won't try to change it.

You win. I am wrong. So were the analysts that thought he'd be claimed based on talent alone. What do they know, anyway?

I cant believe some of you are hating on someone for having a learning disability...and they say niner fans are suppose to be classy, whats wrong with you people?
Originally posted by jeremy300:

lol your only fooling yourself if you think 1 mans word affect what other teams would have, or wanted to do, if anyone thought this poor excuse for a project QB was any good, he would not be a 49er anymore, the only reason he is back is because he probably knows more of the playbook than a QB off the streets....although not by much from what i read lol

Perfect example of someone who's brain can't compute strategy.

Teams don't know anything about Nate Davis besides what they see in his physical tools, which are apparent. If Singletary hadn't said what he said, teams would have shown interest in him solely based on his physical abilities. I know it's hard for you to process, but give it a shot.

Exactly Rider, we can't pinpoint any other time that Sing questioned anyone to the media, Not even K. Balmer which he obviously hated! Questioning his work ethic openly added with his learning disability obviously scared teams away. No body wants to sit and babysit a player for years till they become the player that they want. Also everytime people asked about Davis, Sing downplayed him saying he has to work harder. Sing had this planned the whole time, and he is playing these sucka's like a fool. Now not only do we have 2 former number 1 QBs, but we have 2 talented one's at 3 and 4 to coach up and develop for the future.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
I cant believe some of you are hating on someone for having a learning disability...and they say niner fans are suppose to be classy, whats wrong with you people?

They'll just call him lazy because Singletary said he didn't put in enough work in the offseason. Why? He was spending time with his young daughter. WHO DOES THAT? Unacceptable. Football first, children 2nd.
If Singletary was overdoing the comments on Nate, then that means those comments were false and Nate did work harder than stated which means he should have made the roster as the 3rd QB.

Why would Sing make something up about a player who is better than he's portraying only to risk losing him to another team?

I think Singletary didn't care if we lost Nate once a better option was available in Troy Smith.

First of all, lame joke.

GREAT response.

I guess we're done here.

u guys are crazy, our own number 2 qb carr said that davis had more skills than some QB's that won the superbowl.........I think he is talking about Eli, and Dilfer
Share 49ersWebzone