LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Trent Dilfer(someone that actually played the game) on Alex Smith.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I really agree with everything he says, everything. I ve been telling my friends that we'll win 1 playoff game at least, Alex is not a concern of mine as much as the DBs if they hold up i only see the saints & packers as clear cut above us and only because of their QBs who are playing at an excellent level TOP 3 level that is. So, i see us winning a Wild Card game and maybe if we get lucky with the draw maaaaybe loose in the NFC champ. or i could be wrong and we win it all
I don't understand where all these, "kool-aid" references come from.
You will all see what a franchise qb can do, even with mediocre talent when Sam Bradford takes the field. He will make the Rams better, so far Smith has never made the niners better.

Dilfer likes Smith because he sees himself in Smith, mediocre, just keep the game close let the defense win the game for you.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:
Coming from the Mayor of Mediocretown, those statements should mean very little to Smitty. I know Trent was a "mentor" and all, but Alex is already twice the QB that Trent ever was (Super Bowl ring or not). He's just had the sh*t kicked out of em for 5 years. It's a good thing Alex is so well mannered and respectful of the elderly cuz a lot of people would tell Dilfer to pound sand up his ass. Smitty knows the score; he doesn't need washed up lucky turds like Trent Dilfer telling him that the heat is on.

what's wrong with what he said? He basically said Alex didn't get a fair shot until this year, and if he doesn't perform this year, things will get ugly. What can you possibly find disagreeable with that assessment? Even the mulititude of koolaid drinkers here would be hard pressed to disagree with him, I would think. But maybe they'll surprise me.

i have no problem with what dilfer said. i don't know how anyone possibly can
I am beginning to sound like a broken record, and I did not want to say it again. But it is not just Alex who has to perform well in 2010. Each 49er who steps on that field needs to play as an error-free part of the machine. If someone were to look back at last year's games, it might be shown that the elimination of just ten of the most damaging mistakes could have resulted in a 11-5 record and a playoff appearance.
Originally posted by 9erred:
You will all see what a franchise qb can do, even with mediocre talent when Sam Bradford takes the field. He will make the Rams better, so far Smith has never made the niners better.

Dilfer likes Smith because he sees himself in Smith, mediocre, just keep the game close let the defense win the game for you.

That is funny, the offense looked much better after they s**tcanned Hill last year.
Originally posted by znk916:
EAST COAST BIAS

PHAIL
Balke getting the nod as a top 5 personnel guy.

Thats high praise
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

That is funny, the offense looked much better after they s**tcanned Hill last year.

Hill is a career back up, not a franchise qb. Smith was drafted #1, and we will find out in YEAR six if he is the bust that I have been proclaiming he is. I hope he proves me wrong.

I still say he is average at best, just like Dilfer.
Hard to disagree with something that is obvious to even a casual 49er fan.

Originally posted by Shaj:
Coming from the Mayor of Mediocretown, those statements should mean very little to Smitty. I know Trent was a "mentor" and all, but Alex is already twice the QB that Trent ever was (Super Bowl ring or not). He's just had the sh*t kicked out of em for 5 years. It's a good thing Alex is so well mannered and respectful of the elderly cuz a lot of people would tell Dilfer to pound sand up his ass. Smitty knows the score; he doesn't need washed up lucky turds like Trent Dilfer telling him that the heat is on.

what's wrong with what he said? He basically said Alex didn't get a fair shot until this year, and if he doesn't perform this year, things will get ugly. What can you possibly find disagreeable with that assessment? Even the mulititude of koolaid drinkers here would be hard pressed to disagree with him, I would think. But maybe they'll surprise me.

Just my opinion but I don't give 2 sh*ts what former mediocre stop gaps like Dilfer think about any QB. When Steve Young said the same thing; I listened intently.

just because you play the game well doesnt mean youre a good anyasis and vice versa dilfer is a good anyasis and so is steve
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Hill is a career back up, not a franchise qb. Smith was drafted #1, and we will find out in YEAR six if he is the bust that I have been proclaiming he is. I hope he proves me wrong.

I still say he is average at best, just like Dilfer.

The numbers he put up last year were better than Dilfer. We will see though, Smith has improved every year he has played healthy, no reason to believe that won't continue. It might just be my belief that anyone can get better if they have the work ethic and the desire to do so.
If not injured he should show leadership and the only way to do that is taking us to the post season. Having said that, I just saw the Joe Show and I was not impressed by his personality at all. I hope I am wrong and the Team really are behind him.

That's cool hownyou can read dilfer's mind and know exactly what he's thinking
steve young didnt play the game?
Share 49ersWebzone