LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

Onion Sports 2010 NFL Team-By-Team Guide (NFC West)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
Originally posted by fandemonium:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by skynet907:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/onion-sports-2010-nfl-teambyteam-guide,18023/?slide=8

Quote:
#
NFC West
Seattle Seahawks

* Strength: Reports from coach's office indicate Pete Carroll is a complete football genius
* Weakness: Team is in their 10th year of humoring quarterback and Make-A-Wish cancer patient Matt Hasselbeck
* Player To Watch: Tackle Russell Okung is injured and may miss the season opener, so watching him will spare you from seeing the Seahawks play
* Intangibles: Billionaire owner Paul Allen is concentrating less on his team and more on hollowing out the earth so he can live inside it with the dinosaurs there

San Francisco 49ers

* Strength: He may not be a Joe Montana, but Alex Smith is proving to be a better QB than Jim Druckenmiller, Gio Carmazzi, or Steve Stenstrom ever were
* Weakness: Whatever head coach Mike Singletary is thinking at any given moment
* Player To Watch: Veteran Brian Westbrook is always a threat to explode into a cloud of ligaments and bone

* Biggest Question: If the 49ers are willing to let Glen Coffee go to follow Christ, what's to stop the entire team from following suit?

St. Louis Rams

* Strength: Going into 2010, the Rams are almost perfectly positioned to receive another high draft pick in 2011
* Weakness: Battle for the quarterback position seems to be heating up, as neither starter A.J. Feely nor first overall draft pick Sam Bradford wants to be blamed for the upcoming 2-14 season
* Intangibles: Scuttlebutt around the league says the Rams have a pretty good track record when it comes to playing decent music on the locker-room boom box
* Biggest Question: What sick f**k thought it would be a good idea for the Rams to face the defending Super Bowl champion Saints on the road Dec. 12?

Arizona Cardinals

* Strength: Superstar Larry Fitzgerald runs crisp routes, gets good separation, and watches helplessly as poorly thrown passes wobble to the turf
* Weakness: Kurt Warner is getting slower and less accurate because he has retired and is never, ever coming back
* Player To Watch: None, although team is well-stocked with players to turn away from while cringing because you can't bear to watch
* Intangibles: Matt Leinart, who may be the least tangible quarterback in the NFL

Wtf is this garbage

Grow a sense of humor homey.

I've got a sense of humor...apparently we don't have enough pointless threads

If you think a thread is pointless, ignore it. By making multiple posts, you're continuing the existence of a thread you think is pointless. What's the point in that?

Yeah I hate this thread

Me too.
The onion is hilarious. This is hilarious. It's a joke about our team, but did you people that are hating even bother reading the jokes about the other teams? What about the teams in the link?

Some gems:

Cleveland Browns:

Strength: N/A

Detroit Lions
Strength: Since they play in the NFC North, this team should get two easy wins when facing the lowly Lions

Dallas Cowboys

Strength: Yes, there are positives, but reading them will only make you angry and listing them will only make us angry
Weakness: Other than being the most infuriating, knuckle-whitening, I-want-to-throw-a-brick-through-my-television-set-when-I-watch-them team in the league, are a little weak at free safety
Intangibles: fark the Dallas Cowboys and every farking thing they stand for; special teams
Biggest Question: Can they finally get over the hump and get back to the Super Bowl, and do they know how much that would depress the entire U.S. populace?
http://www.theonion.com/articles/onion-sports-2010-nfl-teambyteam-guide,18023/?slide=8

Quote:
#
NFC West
Seattle Seahawks

* Strength: Reports from coach's office indicate Pete Carroll is a complete football genius
* Weakness: Team is in their 10th year of humoring quarterback and Make-A-Wish cancer patient Matt Hasselbeck
* Player To Watch: Tackle Russell Okung is injured and may miss the season opener, so watching him will spare you from seeing the Seahawks play
* Intangibles: Billionaire owner Paul Allen is concentrating less on his team and more on hollowing out the earth so he can live inside it with the dinosaurs there

San Francisco 49ers

* Strength: He may not be a Joe Montana, but Alex Smith is proving to be a better QB than Jim Druckenmiller, Gio Carmazzi, or Steve Stenstrom ever were
* Player To Watch: Veteran Brian Westbrook is always a threat to explode into a cloud of ligaments and bone

* Biggest Question: If the 49ers are willing to let Glen Coffee go to follow Christ, what's to stop the entire team from following suit?

St. Louis Rams

* Strength: Going into 2010, the Rams are almost perfectly positioned to receive another high draft pick in 2011
* Weakness: Battle for the quarterback position seems to be heating up, as neither starter A.J. Feely nor first overall draft pick Sam Bradford wants to be blamed for the upcoming 2-14 season
* Intangibles: Scuttlebutt around the league says the Rams have a pretty good track record when it comes to playing decent music on the locker-room boom box
* Biggest Question: What sick f**k thought it would be a good idea for the Rams to face the defending Super Bowl champion Saints on the road Dec. 12?

Arizona Cardinals

* Strength: Superstar Larry Fitzgerald runs crisp routes, gets good separation, and watches helplessly as poorly thrown passes wobble to the turf
* Weakness: Kurt Warner is getting slower and less accurate because he has retired and is never, ever coming back
* Player To Watch: None, although team is well-stocked with players to turn away from while cringing because you can't bear to watch
* Intangibles: Matt Leinart, who may be the least tangible quarterback in the NFL

Wtf is this garbage

Let me guess, we need more Alex Smith and Nate Davis threads? Get a clue dude. It's the Onion. See the website or watch the movie. But be sure and head down to Wally World and pick up a sense of humor first.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Here is the one I liked best so far:

New York Jets

* Strength: Rex Ryan is a coach who leads by example, an approach that has helped the Jets build one of the fattest offensive lines in the league

Quote:
#
NFC West
Seattle Seahawks

San Francisco 49ers

St. Louis Rams

Arizona Cardinals

Wtf is this garbage

If you think a thread is pointless, ignore it. By making multiple posts, you're continuing the existence of a thread you think is pointless. What's the point in that?

Yeah I hate this thread

Me too.

wish this thread would sink to obscurity already.
Originally posted by Shorteous:

Quote:
#
NFC West
Seattle Seahawks

San Francisco 49ers

St. Louis Rams

Arizona Cardinals

Wtf is this garbage

Yeah I hate this thread

Me too.

people should stop posting in it.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Quote:
#
NFC West
Seattle Seahawks

San Francisco 49ers

St. Louis Rams

Arizona Cardinals

Wtf is this garbage

Yeah I hate this thread

Me too.

WTFITS?
Originally posted by boast:

Quote:
#
NFC West
Seattle Seahawks

San Francisco 49ers

St. Louis Rams

Arizona Cardinals

Wtf is this garbage

Yeah I hate this thread

Me too.

WTFITS?

I hate it too much to let it sink to obscurity.
The Seattle intangibles part was gold hahah
i lulz'd...pretty funny stuff

Boo hoo, back to the top!

LMFAO @ this thread for the funny Onion junk and the people who take this thread way too seriously but can't help but voice their displeasure.
thats funny stuff
I love the onion.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
I love the onion.
Anyone busting on this thread is insane. These "reviews" are hilarious.

The Raiders one is classic:

Oakland Raiders

•Strength: Just nice to see them outside getting some fresh air

[b]•Weakness: As a team, every single player on this roster f**king sucks[/b]

•Player To Watch: Quarterback Jason Campbell is an experienced loser and is not going to mope around and act all depressed when team loses eight or nine straight games

•Biggest Question: If Tom Cable isn't fired during or after the season, will Al Davis get rid of him by drowning him in the Gatorade container?

[ Edited by TexasNiner on Sep 10, 2010 at 08:07:15 ]
Share 49ersWebzone