LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

ESPN Releases Week 1 power rankings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2010&week=1

Quote:
13 (12) 49ers 8-8-0 Anything less than a division title looks like a failure amid so much NFC West turmoil. (Sando)
The dolphins are two spots ahead of us, what a joke.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

Yeah, we're far more talented than that wannabe contender squad, and more likely to win our respective vision (Miami won't even be able to keep up with New York and New England this season).

Should be:

11-Bengals
12-49ers
13-Texans
14-Titans
15-Eagles
16-Dolphins
gotta love the east coast bias...like the afc east is the top division in football
Power Rankings are on a team-by-team basis, nothing more. You have to keep that in mind. And one could argue the Dolphins are better than the 49ers. Also, keep in mind, none of this matters - talk is cheap, as is speculation.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Anywhere from 12 to 15 seems about right for us
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Yeah, we're far more talented than that wannabe contender squad, and more likely to win our respective vision (Miami won't even be able to keep up with New York and New England this season).

Should be:

11-Bengals
12-49ers
13-Texans
14-Titans
15-Eagles
16-Dolphins

Gotta love the quote next to Mia though!

"The Dolphins are the San Francisco 49ers of the AFC. They hit you hard on both sides of the ball."(Clayton)
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Should be:

11-Bengals
12-49ers
13-Texans
14-Titans
15-Eagles
16-Dolphins

Not necessarily. I think the division is up for grabs. Aside from Buffalo, I think every other team has a legitimate shot at winning it.

Henne has a year of play under his belt, and now has Brandon Marshall. The Dolphins have Nolan running their defense, and as poor a HC as MN was, Nolan can coach the defensive side of the ball. He helped Denver make huge strides. Don't forget they have some young, talented DB's who are on the rise (Sean Smith and Vontae Davis), so I would not count out Miami for a second.

Now, rating them above us? I don't know about that. But I don't think Miami should be overlooked as a good team.
f**k espn
unless mark sanchez totally blows this year, miami doesn't have a chance at the playoffs.

Lol, the Cardinals will be transitioning back into the Cardinals that we've all known for the last 30+ years.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Lol, the Cardinals will be transitioning back into the Cardinals that we've all known for the last 30+ years.

Wow. Complaints about a #13 ranking.

Wow guys. We're not an elite team yet.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Wow. Complaints about a #13 ranking.

Wow guys. We're not an elite team yet.

This.

I was suprised we were that high. We have'nt proved s**t, i was expecting high teens or even low 20's. No complaints for 13 from me.
FOX Sports.com

49ers #18

Cardinals 9-7
49ers 8-8
Seahawks 6-10
Rams 1-15

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-predictions-2010-season-preview-Adam-Schein
[ Edited by WestCoast on Sep 7, 2010 at 11:51 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone