LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Niners sign Troy Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by teeohh:
What is making you guys think we signed him to run the taser?

Ill stab somebody if that happens

LOL I thought they did away with that taser crap.

As 3rd String QB, he'd only play if both QBs got injured. Otherwise, he's on the inactive list
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
I haven't really kept up with Smiths' career with the Ravens; Is he really an upgrade to Nate Davis? I mean the potential that Nate has and the fact that he is bigger than Troy is reason enough to have given him more time to develop.

why ravens know that troy smith suck that they releasing him! Nate Davis gave us for upgrade his team and effort to Alex Smith make better for QB

Two words: Joe Flacco.

The Ravens are in a position to cut any QB they wish (and not because that QB sucked), so the only QB they want to keep developing on that roster right now is their prize hog of the 2008 draft.
Kind of surprised Davis was dumped, but Troy Smith has some skills and at the end of the day. If the 3rd string QB is in the game our season is probably done. With this in mind, I hope Troy never plays this season.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I haven't really kept up with Smiths' career with the Ravens; Is he really an upgrade to Nate Davis? I mean the potential that Nate has and the fact that he is bigger than Troy is reason enough to have given him more time to develop.

why ravens know that troy smith suck that they releasing him! Nate Davis gave us for upgrade his team and effort to Alex Smith make better for QB

The Ravens are in a position to cut any QB they wish (and not because that QB sucked), so the only QB they want to keep developing on that roster right now is their prize hog of the 2008 draft.

It should also be noted that the Ravens are keeping just two Quarterbacks this season due to a rash of injuries in their secondary.

Anyone interested in what Troy Smith can do at the NFL level should look at his Week 17 win in 2007 against the Pittsburgh Steelers. This was the last game Smith had any regularity in since the team drafted Joe Flacco.
All this pages and no one said it yet???

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Originally posted by redrathman:

It should also be noted that the Ravens are keeping just two Quarterbacks this season due to a rash of injuries in their secondary.

Anyone interested in what Troy Smith can do at the NFL level should look at his Week 17 win in 2007 against the Pittsburgh Steelers. This was the last game Smith had any regularity in since the team drafted Joe Flacco.

I'm beginning to wonder now if this is was a Mike Johnson signing, seeing in all they were both in Baltimore around 2007 (the year MJ was pushed up to both QB and WR coaching/fundamental duties).

We're seeing a complete change of tide now, McCloughan drafted Nate Davis; Baalke and Sing cut some more fat from his horrible scouting dept. (aka little brother drunk), so this all makes sense.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 6, 2010 at 7:48 PM ]
Troy Smith cut

seriously link
Definitely an upgrade. Nate wouldn't even be a suitable backup in the CFL
[ Edited by Canadian49er on Sep 6, 2010 at 8:01 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Its an upgrade that's for sure.

LOL THIS!!
Troy Smith sucks, he chocked big time in college. I trust Ravens QB coaching staff and I'm sure they cut Smith for a reason. I'd trust Davis more than I would Troy if A. Smith gets hurts. Come on Carr sucks, he should be 3rd string. If somehow Carr has to play for Smith, our season is over.

Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
Originally posted by susweel:
Its an upgrade that's for sure.

LOL THIS!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Dammit he sucks even more.

Guess that's another way to make Alex Smith look good, surround him with s**ttier QB's as his back ups!!!
[ Edited by Kolohe on Sep 6, 2010 at 8:56 PM ]
  • GORO
  • Veteran
If Nate Davis becomes a starter in this league in the near future, Sing will have made another mistake.

Last year they cut Rossum and it cost us 3 games. Nate Davis could have challenged for the starting job in his forth year.
Originally posted by luis1985:
Troy Smith sucks, he chocked big time in college. I trust Ravens QB coaching staff and I'm sure they cut Smith for a reason. I'd trust Davis more than I would Troy if A. Smith gets hurts. Come on Carr sucks, he should be 3rd string. If somehow Carr has to play for Smith, our season is over.

According to Ozzie Newsome (Ravens GM) Smith was cut due to Baltimore's injury issues in the secondary (and how they would rather have depth over 3 QBs), it's becoming a new fad in the league to ride the 'Tecmo Superbowl' option.

I've been talking to a lot of Ravens fans and beat writers within the past 3 hours, and they were all honestly infuriated that Smith was screwed out of the #2 spot by Marc Bulger in the first place. They all say the same thing: Troy Smith was the safest backup QB option in the entire AFC North between 2008-2009.

Some are even saying that Troy Smith could woo Sing to push him to the #2 spot by mid-season (due to his insane work ethic off the field).
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 6, 2010 at 9:06 PM ]
Originally posted by luis1985:

According to Ozzie Newsome (Ravens GM) Smith was cut due to Baltimore's injury issues in the secondary (and how they would rather have depth over 3 QBs), it's becoming a new fad in the league to ride the 'Tecmo Superbowl' option.

I've been talking to a lot of Ravens fans and beat writers within the past 3 hours, and they were all honestly infuriated that Smith was screwed out of the #2 spot by Marc Bulger in the first place. They all say the same thing: Troy Smith was the safest backup QB option in the entire AFC North between 2008-2009.

Some are even saying that Troy Smith could woo Sing to push him to the #2 spot by mid-season (due to his insane work ethic off the field).

Interesting I haven't watched the guy play but I assume he's an upgrade over Davis. I like Davis and all but I wasn't on the bandwagon saying he was better than Smith or Carr. His lack of being able to grasp the playbook was a huge handicap for him.
Share 49ersWebzone