LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

The Media are going to Rip Singletary to shreads if we don't win early on...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lol ok
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Oh give it a rest.

All this over Nate Davis? The guy who hadn't learned the playbook in 2 years? The guy who laid an egg against the Raiders D-sqaud?

What would they say that if Nate Davis were on the team everything would be ok?

I think it is more to do with our refusal to bring in good QBs...or at least ones to can compete for the starting job...

you have to wonder....if we struggle this year, will offensive players like Vernon Davis resign?... I think not, and he could be a HOF type player.....as well as players on our defense.... Patrick Willis seems like a loyal guy...but I can see Goldson leaving...

but also Diva type players like Crabtree asking for a trade.....

its not all about Nate Davis....its the fact that we are going into the season with David Carr as our backup.....backing up Alex Smith who is still a mystery.....the thing about Nate is, although Nate is Raw and inexperience...he usually is a good passer and more importantly does a better job hitting our receivers in stride, as well as hitting our RBs out of the backfield in stride as well.....

but again not just about Nate...more so our overall QB situation in general.....we traded a guy who won for us in the past, who could've been a good backup for a #1 Bust in David Carr......mainly for Alex not to look over his shoulder....I personally think something is wrong with that.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Afrikan is this really necessary? We get it, your butt hurts because our lazy third stringer got his lazy ass fired, big effin deal...get over it.

you think that really is the case huh?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 6, 2010 at 5:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Oh give it a rest.

All this over Nate Davis? The guy who hadn't learned the playbook in 2 years? The guy who laid an egg against the Raiders D-sqaud?

I think it is more to do with our refusal to bring in good QBs...or at least ones to can compete for the starting job...

you have to wonder....if we struggle this year, will offensive players like Vernon Davis resign?... I think not, and he could be a HOF type player.....as well as players on our defense.... Patrick Willis seems like a loyal guy...but I can see Goldson leaving...

its not all about Nate Davis....its the fact that we are going into the season with David Carr as our backup.....backing up Alex Smith who is still a mystery.....the thing about Nate is, although Nate is Raw and inexperience...he usually is a good passer and more importantly does a better job hitting our receivers in stride, as well as hitting our RBs out of the backfield in stride as well.....

but again not just about Nate...more so our overall QB situation in general.....we traded a guy who won for us in the past, who could've been a good backup for a #1 Bust in David Carr......mainly for Alex not to look over his shoulder....I personally think something is wrong with that.

Did you even watch the preseason games man? Not only was he not hitting receivers in stride, he wasn't even throwing them catchable balls for the majority of the time he was out there. It is obvious that he didn't get any better from last preseason, man you guys are blinded by your bias against Smith.
Afrikan is this really necessary? We get it, your butt hurts because our lazy third stringer got his lazy ass fired, big effin deal...get over it.

its the same passion maddog had for mrob

sad
Oh give it a rest.

Did you even watch the preseason games man? Not only was he not hitting receivers in stride, he wasn't even throwing them catchable balls for the majority of the time he was out there. It is obvious that he didn't get any better from last preseason, man you guys are blinded by your bias against Smith.

I watched every preseason game and watched it more than once....he hit receivers in stride most of the time....heck even though they were 3rd stringers....

I think you bias for Alex has gotten in your way.....

this will be an entertaining season.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

sad

yeah what ever, yall try to troll Maddog and he wastes his time to try to reason with yall, I don't give a **** personally.

like I said, it should be an entertaining season.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 6, 2010 at 5:57 PM ]
Oh give it a rest.

I got you. I do think you are jumping to conclusions though. Nate Davis getting cut as absolutely zero to do with re-signing Vernon, if we put the dollars in front of him (or any player) then the deal with get done.

Nate Davis wrote his ticket out of town when he decided to act like a NFL star without putting in the work to become one. That's by the kid's own admission that he should have put in more work. So, with that he was not going to be in our future plans, shoddy work ethic is not something to build around afterall.

As it stands we are riding with Alex Smith same as we have been the entire offseason, nothing has changed. Nate was just a wish upon a star for those who are sure Smith will fail and want a contingency plan for when he does. Reality of the situation, hate it or love it, is this has always been about #11, make or break, put up or shut up.

If we fail, then there is next year's great Quarterback class to soften the blow, but that is the future, the present rest in the (tiny) hands of yours and mines favorite quarterback.
Oh give it a rest.

I watched every preseason game and watched it more than once....he hit receivers in stride most of the time....heck even though they were 3rd stringers....

How can a guy that completed less than 50% of his passes have hit receivers in stride? He missed more than he even hit. He are the facts...

Nate Davis preseason stats

I think they speak for themselves. As I said, he was the worst QB on the roster this preseason.
Oh give it a rest.

How can a guy that completed less than 50% of his passes have hit receivers in stride? He missed more than he even hit. He are the facts...

Nate Davis preseason stats

I think they speak for themselves. As I said, he was the worst QB on the roster this preseason.

well I'm obviously talking about passes that were completed or in the vicinity...not throw aways....or drops that were the receivers fault like Byhm one.

doom and gloom threads FTL
If that is the case, then get ready for it. The Niners schedule is tough early on. The team could EASILY be 3-5 at the bye week. They have some tough home games and some long distance away games (Carolina, Atlanta, and the London game vs. Denver)
The Denver game is considered a "home" game, but lets face it, this is as away as it gets.
Oh give it a rest.

you must not have been watching this season's preseason games.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

sad

Necessary! Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No but I do it anyways because its steril and I like the taste.
f**k the media!!!
Share 49ersWebzone