There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Davis to be cut after all

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by znk916:
bye fatty

He's not fat. Just dumb. Just because you lift weights and have a strong build doesn't make you fat.

Not fat + no work ethic = Nate Davis
Fat + no work ethic = Jawalrus Russell
this isn't official yet is it?
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by znk916:
bye fatty

He's not fat. Just dumb. Just because you lift weights and have a strong build doesn't make you fat.

hes fat just look at him

It's safe to say you're not the brightest individual on this forum.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by znk916:
bye fatty

He's not fat. Just dumb. Just because you lift weights and have a strong build doesn't make you fat.

Not fat + no work ethic = Nate Davis
Fat + no work ethic = Jawalrus Russell

True. LOL. The Raiders picked that guy #1. Even Alex Smith looks like a Pro Bowler compared to the return they got.
I think this was strategic. But whether it was or not, I don't particularly agree with the team sticking with 2 QB's. Who knows where Nate was exactly in his development, but one horrendous game was enough to break Davis.

If we can find a competent backup -- not David Carr -- to Smith, and if Alex excels, this release will be meaningless. Unless, however, Nate Davis goes to another team and apparently was not as "dumb" as he was made out to be and lights it up. But the chances of that aren't great.
stupid move.. I actually hope he signs with the raiders. That seems like the best fit for him.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
this isn't official yet is it?

Later this hour
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think this was strategic. But whether it was or not, I don't particularly agree with the team sticking with 2 QB's. Who knows where Nate was exactly in his development, but one horrendous game was enough to break Davis.

If we can find a competent backup -- not David Carr -- to Smith, and if Alex excels, this release will be meaningless. Unless, however, Nate Davis goes to another team and apparently was not as "dumb" as he was made out to be and lights it up. But the chances of that aren't great.

2 QB's only is very risky IMO. Sometimes your QB's really get banged. I hope they don't get Rocky Bernarded this year...
Originally posted by znk916:
Honestly though, when's the last time we had two QBs knocked out in the same game? It's not that big a deal....

Didn't Dilfer, Hill, And Weinke all have to play in the same game in the 2nd half of 2007?
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,321
If he did have a poor work ethic, then he had to go. Good luck in the future Nate....but if U play us....SUCKS TO BE YOU!
[ Edited by Nes49 on Sep 6, 2010 at 4:36 PM ]
Well, I am not sure if this is true, but now it really becomes ride or die with Smith. Carr is Carr, and I never saw anything in the preseason to make me think he will provide any sort of real production at QB...

*crosses fingers hoping the Smith fanatics are right...*

Maybe Nate was just lazy, maybe he was never going to be any good, but we will probably never know until he hits the field in a real game, which will likely be with another team. If teams are interested in Leinart, there is going to be interest for Davis...

Has Jackson signed yet, maybe they are trading for him!!!! If that's the case, bye bye Nate and good luck!
[ Edited by SJniner7 on Sep 6, 2010 at 4:37 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think this was strategic. But whether it was or not, I don't particularly agree with the team sticking with 2 QB's. Who knows where Nate was exactly in his development, but one horrendous game was enough to break Davis.

If we can find a competent backup -- not David Carr -- to Smith, and if Alex excels, this release will be meaningless. Unless, however, Nate Davis goes to another team and apparently was not as "dumb" as he was made out to be and lights it up. But the chances of that aren't great.

^^^this. I'm curious who we are signing today if we let him go. This sucks. I was about to log off for the day!!!!
I just don't understand why? He's the 3rd string QB who has played well for you know, a 3rd string QB.

It's almost as if we have it out for the guy for some reason.

We better have someone in mind to replace him who's clearly better.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
stupid move.. I actually hope he signs with the raiders. That seems like the best fit for him.

Ya. The Raiders aren't the brightest group. He'll fit in rather well.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by znk916:
Honestly though, when's the last time we had two QBs knocked out in the same game? It's not that big a deal....

Didn't Dilfer, Hill, And Weinke all have to play in the same game in the 2nd half of 2007?

I dunno maybe, I blocked that season from memory already I remember nothing