Originally posted by lollyballs:
Troy Smith?

+1 (welcome btw)
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
So why did we cut MRob then? Our best special teams player. It makes even less sense now if this is true...

oh i can answer that, its because mrob doesnt offer anything on offense.

He brings a hell of a lot on special teams and since we aren't keeping 3 QB's I see no reason why we wouldn't want to keep MRob around.

he BLOCKS on special teams. Yeah super important.

A Pro Bowl alternate is bringing a hell of a lot to the table. Not every guy is that good. He does more than block. He's on the coverage units too at various times. Every team has 1 special teams ace. You can keep 1 on 53 man roster.

if our special teams is worse than last year in week 10 (impossible) then ill agree with u.
Niners to release QB Nate Davis

The 49ers plan to release quarterback Nate Davis today, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Davis has been the team's No. 3 quarterback, but Mike Singletary has said recently that the team was not happy with his development. Shortly after the 49ers' preseason finale, Singletary said that Davis' spot on the team was tenuous.

-- Matt Barrows

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/#ixzz0ynI5HNYp
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by lollyballs:
Troy Smith?

+1 (welcome btw)

raven connection again? heh
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
WOW, Stupidest decision i've seen singletary make since he's been here.

Davis is a STAR!!! IN THE MAKING!

Lettin the future GO!

Calm down the dude sucked.

How did he sucked, He looked so much better than Smith, davis actually looked more comfortable than smith, and knows how to move in the pocket and still make a pass, and has better passes on the run. and His ARM is ridiculous, makes Jamarcus russell look like a Vagine.

Two years and nate davis was makin progress, and we even keep that douche Carr.

Damn, disappointing!
I'm just glad Lienhart sorry a$% is already signed. I have a feeling we would have gone after him.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
nice friggin draft class from 09.

Nate Davis is cut, Coffee retires, McKillop Injured, and Crabtree may end being a DIVA, lovely draft class McClueless.

Baalke is 1,000 times better than Scot M. already. I can't believe we had that guy. He was awful.

And now Seattle has him, and the rest of the "talent" he scouted. Welcome to a 5-11 season Seattle. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars .
Originally posted by prometheus:
I have a feeling the niners are planning an end around. Why wait till now to cut Davis and most squads have filled their slots? I suspect they want to put Davis on the practice squad and this is a way to do it with the least risk. Even if not, at least they may have found another player they like more. Maybe there is a practice squad player they might lose they need to bring up and so they are trading Nate for that guy.

why have two qbs on the PS

They probably waited until after cuts to find a replacement

IE, Sean Canfield, Zac Robinson, Jonathan Crompton
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
WOW, Stupidest decision i've seen singletary make since he's been here.

Davis is a STAR!!! IN THE MAKING!

Lettin the future GO!

Calm down the dude sucked.

How did he sucked, He looked so much better than Smith, davis actually looked more comfortable than smith, and knows how to move in the pocket and still make a pass, and has better passes on the run. and His ARM is ridiculous, makes Jamarcus russell look like a Vagine.

Two years and nate davis was makin progress, and we even keep that douche Carr.

Damn, disappointing!

He wasn't making progress, that's the problem.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Niners to release QB Nate Davis, flight booked to Seattle

The 49ers plan to release quarterback Nate Davis today, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Davis has been the team's No. 3 quarterback, but Mike Singletary has said recently that the team was not happy with his development. Shortly after the 49ers' preseason finale, Singletary said that Davis' spot on the team was tenuous.

-- Matt Barrows

Fixed

Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
whos gonna be the #3? Brown?

can we seriously go into gamedays with 2 QB's? I would have said maybe with Robinson as the emergency #3 but obviously not now.

actually that's a good point, we don't have an emergency 3rd QB now

Honestly though, when's the last time we had two QBs knocked out in the same game? It's not that big a deal....

That was a long time ago if I remember correctly back during the days (1988?) when Walsh was pondering starting Young ahead of Montana. Young started the game, but had a concussion. Montana came in and got injured. Groggy Young fortunately was able to come in and won the game.
So why did we cut MRob then? Our best special teams player. It makes even less sense now if this is true...

When are you going to realize Robinson has no place on this team? His special teams play was overrated (I've explained many times why that is) and he was WORTHLESS at his given position. GET OVER IT.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
whos gonna be the #3? Brown?

can we seriously go into gamedays with 2 QB's? I would have said maybe with Robinson as the emergency #3 but obviously not now.

actually that's a good point, we don't have an emergency 3rd QB now

Honestly though, when's the last time we had two QBs knocked out in the same game? It's not that big a deal....

That was a long time ago if I remember correctly back during the days (1988?) when Walsh was pondering starting Young ahead of Montana. Young started the game, but had a concussion. Montana came in and got injured. Groggy Young fortunately was able to come in and won the game.

if they both get knocked out then we can just run the wildcat
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Their probably about to sign an ILB.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Niners to release QB Nate Davis, flight booked to Seattle

-- Matt Barrows

Fixed

Share 49ersWebzone