LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Davis to be cut after all

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
lol at you Nate Davis fans.

If he is so good, why'd he clear waivers?

I love it when I'm right

lol at you Nate Davis fans.

If he is so good, why'd he clear waivers?

I love it when I'm right

because he's not alex smith and he can throw a ball 8,000 yards

Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Losing Robinson is a bigger deal then losing Davis.

You're typing out your ass.

Robinson was useless on offense and over-rated on special teams. He was a "pro bowl alternate," which tells me the pro bowl voting for special teams is an absolute joke. He wasn't even OUR best special teamer last year, that was McKillop. His lead blocking did nothing, seeing as how our return game was the worst in the league last year. Yet he somehow is a pro bowl alternate? What a joke.

On the other hand, Nate Davis is an emergency QB, who had the physical talents to do his job if it came down to that. Now, if Smith gets hurt for an extended period (don't act like it can't happen, just look at '07 AND '08), we're one play away from.. Well, actually, I don't know what the hell we're going to do if Carr were to go down in that situation.

Releasing Nate Davis could be a problem. Releasing Robinson isn't going to affect us.

Agreed.

Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
WOW, Stupidest decision i've seen singletary make since he's been here.

Davis is a STAR!!! IN THE MAKING!

Lettin the future GO!

Calm down the dude sucked.

How did he sucked, He looked so much better than Smith, davis actually looked more comfortable than smith, and knows how to move in the pocket and still make a pass, and has better passes on the run. and His ARM is ridiculous, makes Jamarcus russell look like a Vagine.

Two years and nate davis was makin progress, and we even keep that douche Carr.

Damn, disappointing!

He wasn't making progress, that's the problem.

he's also only 2 years into his career!, i think once this guy gets down the playbook, he'll be dominatin the league!

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
This only happens when you have a head coach who has no clue about the value of quarterback play. The league has changed, and the need for the QB to consistently make plays has greatly incresed...but Sing is still living in the 80's in terms of his formula for success.

Haters will hate, but we will regret letting this kid walk away. Give Nate a solid head coach/QB mentor, some time/patience to develop behind a veteran QB and he could turn into a star.

How does it feel guys?
lmao
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lmao
Originally posted by global_nomad:
where are all the Singletary haters now. He upgraded an emergency position, got a guy who fits what he wants on the roster. And retained a guy who is a "project" right where he should be on the P. Squad.

Exactly he is a project. I didn't get the idiots who kept saying start him over Smith because he made that one huge throw against the Vikings. Other than that play he was very inefficient and he barely knows the plays. It's good that he's on the practice squad though maybe one day he can reach his potential but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
For a second I thought this thread was about Vernon.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:

Nate Davis, Vernon Davis, Anthony Davis, Anthony Dixon.

QB Smith, the other QB Smith, Justin Smith, Reggie Smith.

Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

You honestly don't think I'm that dumb do you? But the QB Smith thing is getting confusing in news articles.
  • dj43
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Losing Robinson is a bigger deal then losing Davis.

You're typing out your ass.

Robinson was useless on offense and over-rated on special teams. He was a "pro bowl alternate," which tells me the pro bowl voting for special teams is an absolute joke. He wasn't even OUR best special teamer last year, that was McKillop. His lead blocking did nothing, seeing as how our return game was the worst in the league last year. Yet he somehow is a pro bowl alternate? What a joke.

On the other hand, Nate Davis is an emergency QB, who had the physical talents to do his job if it came down to that. Now, if Smith gets hurt for an extended period (don't act like it can't happen, just look at '07 AND '08), we're one play away from.. Well, actually, I don't know what the hell we're going to do if Carr were to go down in that situation.

Releasing Nate Davis could be a problem. Releasing Robinson isn't going to affect us.

Agreed.

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
WOW, Stupidest decision i've seen singletary make since he's been here.

Davis is a STAR!!! IN THE MAKING!

Lettin the future GO!

Calm down the dude sucked.

How did he sucked, He looked so much better than Smith, davis actually looked more comfortable than smith, and knows how to move in the pocket and still make a pass, and has better passes on the run. and His ARM is ridiculous, makes Jamarcus russell look like a Vagine.

Two years and nate davis was makin progress, and we even keep that douche Carr.

Damn, disappointing!

He wasn't making progress, that's the problem.

he's also only 2 years into his career!, i think once this guy gets down the playbook, he'll be dominatin the league!

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
This only happens when you have a head coach who has no clue about the value of quarterback play. The league has changed, and the need for the QB to consistently make plays has greatly incresed...but Sing is still living in the 80's in terms of his formula for success.

Haters will hate, but we will regret letting this kid walk away. Give Nate a solid head coach/QB mentor, some time/patience to develop behind a veteran QB and he could turn into a star.

How does it feel guys?
The focus should now shift to whether or not the 49er staff, particularly the QB coach Mike Johnson, can bring Nate Davis up to speed as an NFL QB.

The importance of high quality position coaches in this league is under-appreciated by many. We have seen some terrible position coaches with this team over the last 8 years. Nowhere has that been more apparent than with QBs. Now that the team has someone coaching the position that has actually played the position through college and non-NFL pros, we are beginning to see some progress. It will now all be on Davis to put in the time to learn the offense and how to play against pro level defenses.

• flow
  • Veteran

You honestly don't think I'm that dumb do you? But the QB Smith thing is getting confusing in news articles.

No, dude, I'm saying all these similar names are easy to confuse.
I thought he just signed a five year extension?!
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
I thought he just signed a five year extension?!

i don't think he's calling you dumb. more agreeing with you that everyone's names are the same and its annoying as f**k
soooooo

good thing we have him on speed dial
Share 49ersWebzone