Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by thojess:

No..I think that you reaad that wrong. He knows 67% of the playbook. "He estimates he knows two-thirds of the offense right now. Singletary cannot trust his playoff-possible team to someone who hasn’t grasped 33 percent of the playbook." Which is BS as Alex did not know all of the playbook when he took over last year. Moreover, I wonder how many different plays do they run on average during a game?

You're still not getting it though. There is much more to it than just knowing the plays (and when he says he knows 2/3 of the playbook he is admitting that he hasn't done his job). He needs to know his protection calls. He needs to understand how the routes change on a given play with certain coverages. He needs to be able to audible. He needs to be able to correct the mistakes players around him are making. Knowing the plays was STEP 1. HE FAILED STEP 1!!!

Now since you brought Alex up, Alex and Nate have been in this system for the same amount of time. Alex worked his ass off and can do all of the things I described above. Nate on the other hand doesn't even know the plays! What did Nate do for the last year and a half? Jerk off and play madden? Clubbin with his homies? Ohhhhh he has a learning disability... So that means he should be working TWICE as hard. Bottom line is, he didn't do his job and he got fired. Maybe the next chance he gets, he'll take seriously.

This is the sorta post that occurs when a coach coaches in the press. Folks like you totally ignored every statement made which suggested that Nate Davis worked hard and was in fact picking up the system. And no; Nate and Alex were not in the system for the same amount of time. Alex got probably over 60% of the snaps while Nate got maybe 5%. And you don't learn plays unless you do them reptitively. This is why the starting QB gets more reps and I guarantee you that if Nate recieved 60% of the snaps and Alex had gotten only 5%; Nate would know that system better than Alex; which is the reason why comparing the two in terms of knowing the system is simply plain stupid.

You can't compare someone's knowledge of the system who has been a pro for six years and recieiving the vast majority of the snaps with another's who has beena pro for one year and rarely get's snaps. To do so is rediculously stupid.

You can compare other qualities however, and when making those comparisons most OBJECTIVE observers conclude that Nate Davis has more skills in certain areas such as arm strength; accuracy, pocket presence and playmaking ability than any other QB on the team. This suggest that letting Nate Davis go was a move that shows no long-term vision and more likely than not, will turn out to be a hugh mistake. Trust me; there is a reason why Sing wants him back and its because Nate has talent and is not as lazy and dumb as you hater's make him out to be.

Sing's dearth of coaching accumen may very well soon get exposed. I understand that he is under certain presures which requires him to win now. I also agree that the Smiths; gives him a better chance to do so as one of them or Carr will play a critical role in helping this team prepare on a weekly basis. But you don't cut your noes inspite of yo face. Which is what was done.

He talked all that shyt about not keeping a player for postion purposes; yet kept a srcub like Byham; who has shown in game time that he is not a great blocker and can not catch. He played the H-back role and got knocked on his butt. He ran a poor route and got tagged and dropped the ball when the ball was properly delivered. He dropped passes which resulted in stopping drives and a turnover. How in the hell is he on the team and Nate and for that matter; others who have proven their worth; are not?

He talks all that crap about the importance of leadership; yet does not take the necessary steps to develop talent. It's easy to point fingers and say what another person is not doing; that's not coaching when every indication suggest that a player improves according to increased repitition. That's how Alex has improved. Why not Nate?

He preaches character; but turns around and undeservingly lambast a player in the press; cut him on a holiday and then says; "I want him back because we can help him." If he had a staff who could help him; why didn't he do it when he had him?

This sorta cowardly hypocrisy holds any team or organization back from reaching its potential and I hope that Nate goes to a team in the same division and blows up! Why? Because the closer you are to the truth; the more apt it will set you free from making the same mistakes twice.

Man your butt sure must be sore over this, the guy didn't take care of business and got fired, no one to blame about it but Davis himself. My advice to you is quit while you are ahead, you are making silly arguments and sounding overly emotional about a guy that will likely end up being Jamarcus JR, just another talent with a severe lack of want to.

Davis... Russell. Russell... Davis. DAVIS IS RUSSELL... RUSSELL IS DAVIS! go curl up in the fetal position in the shower and cry yourself to sleep now.

they are practically the same though big arm both not very bright and both dont have the best work ethic (russel's is much worse though) only real difference is russel had a better college career

I think Davis has better football instincts than Russell.

definitally and better pocket presence as well was just naming similaraties between them

anyways we got him back hopefully he will learn the system and take over as the number 2 QB i dont think he will ever become a starter in the nfl
OK, all of you that thought this kid has NFL-type talent are correct, but look. 31 other teams said no thanks and some with needs at QB. Therefore, let's realistically view Nate with open eyes, shall we?

He not the second coming of Steve Young. He obviously didn't put in the work in the offseason. He was lucky that he came back to us because we already have the framework for his success.

He now MUST put in Alex Smith hours and maybe hang out with him, huh? Don't let us down, Nate. Grab with both hands and don't let go!

Oh, and my wife's jersey is doin' just fine.

Whew!
Davis to practice squad, Brown gone from practice squad
Nate cleared waivers and just got signed to our practice squad.. you haters are useless now.
i guess every single coach is as dumb as singeltary for not picking him up
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Nate cleared waivers and just got signed to our practice squad.. you haters are useless now.

what do you mean, now I can continue hating on him in NT dont need to go to NFL talk to do it
Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by thojess:

No..I think that you reaad that wrong. He knows 67% of the playbook. "He estimates he knows two-thirds of the offense right now. Singletary cannot trust his playoff-possible team to someone who hasn’t grasped 33 percent of the playbook." Which is BS as Alex did not know all of the playbook when he took over last year. Moreover, I wonder how many different plays do they run on average during a game?

You're still not getting it though. There is much more to it than just knowing the plays (and when he says he knows 2/3 of the playbook he is admitting that he hasn't done his job). He needs to know his protection calls. He needs to understand how the routes change on a given play with certain coverages. He needs to be able to audible. He needs to be able to correct the mistakes players around him are making. Knowing the plays was STEP 1. HE FAILED STEP 1!!!

Now since you brought Alex up, Alex and Nate have been in this system for the same amount of time. Alex worked his ass off and can do all of the things I described above. Nate on the other hand doesn't even know the plays! What did Nate do for the last year and a half? Jerk off and play madden? Clubbin with his homies? Ohhhhh he has a learning disability... So that means he should be working TWICE as hard. Bottom line is, he didn't do his job and he got fired. Maybe the next chance he gets, he'll take seriously.

This is the sorta post that occurs when a coach coaches in the press. Folks like you totally ignored every statement made which suggested that Nate Davis worked hard and was in fact picking up the system. And no; Nate and Alex were not in the system for the same amount of time. Alex got probably over 60% of the snaps while Nate got maybe 5%. And you don't learn plays unless you do them reptitively. This is why the starting QB gets more reps and I guarantee you that if Nate recieved 60% of the snaps and Alex had gotten only 5%; Nate would know that system better than Alex; which is the reason why comparing the two in terms of knowing the system is simply plain stupid.

You can't compare someone's knowledge of the system who has been a pro for six years and recieiving the vast majority of the snaps with another's who has beena pro for one year and rarely get's snaps. To do so is rediculously stupid.

You can compare other qualities however, and when making those comparisons most OBJECTIVE observers conclude that Nate Davis has more skills in certain areas such as arm strength; accuracy, pocket presence and playmaking ability than any other QB on the team. This suggest that letting Nate Davis go was a move that shows no long-term vision and more likely than not, will turn out to be a hugh mistake. Trust me; there is a reason why Sing wants him back and its because Nate has talent and is not as lazy and dumb as you hater's make him out to be.

Sing's dearth of coaching accumen may very well soon get exposed. I understand that he is under certain presures which requires him to win now. I also agree that the Smiths; gives him a better chance to do so as one of them or Carr will play a critical role in helping this team prepare on a weekly basis. But you don't cut your noes inspite of yo face. Which is what was done.

He talked all that shyt about not keeping a player for postion purposes; yet kept a srcub like Byham; who has shown in game time that he is not a great blocker and can not catch. He played the H-back role and got knocked on his butt. He ran a poor route and got tagged and dropped the ball when the ball was properly delivered. He dropped passes which resulted in stopping drives and a turnover. How in the hell is he on the team and Nate and for that matter; others who have proven their worth; are not?

He talks all that crap about the importance of leadership; yet does not take the necessary steps to develop talent. It's easy to point fingers and say what another person is not doing; that's not coaching when every indication suggest that a player improves according to increased repitition. That's how Alex has improved. Why not Nate?

He preaches character; but turns around and undeservingly lambast a player in the press; cut him on a holiday and then says; "I want him back because we can help him." If he had a staff who could help him; why didn't he do it when he had him?

This sorta cowardly hypocrisy holds any team or organization back from reaching its potential and I hope that Nate goes to a team in the same division and blows up! Why? Because the closer you are to the truth; the more apt it will set you free from making the same mistakes twice.

Man your butt sure must be sore over this, the guy didn't take care of business and got fired, no one to blame about it but Davis himself. My advice to you is quit while you are ahead, you are making silly arguments and sounding overly emotional about a guy that will likely end up being Jamarcus JR, just another talent with a severe lack of want to.

Davis... Russell. Russell... Davis. DAVIS IS RUSSELL... RUSSELL IS DAVIS! go curl up in the fetal position in the shower and cry yourself to sleep now.

Wanna try to make some sense noob? You think I am upset over the cutting of a 3rd string slacker of a QB that doesn't act like he wants to play the game? If the guy doesn't wanna play football bad enough to work at getting better, then I am not at all sad to see him go. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
September 8, 2010
Nate Davis clears waivers, headed to practice squad
Nate Davis cleared waivers today, and the 49ers already have added him to their practice squad. To make room, the 49ers released quarterback Jarrett Brown from the practice squad. We got a strong hint that Davis might clear waivers earlier today when Seattle coach Pete Carroll said the Seahawks were content with their quarterback situation and would not put in a claim for Davis. The Seahawks have just two quarterbacks on the active roster and former 49ers general manager Scot McCloughan, who drafted Davis, has a role in the Seahawks front office.

Mike Singletary has been open in saying he was not happy with Davis' work ethic and that he wanted someone who would put more pressure on No. 2 quarterback David Carr. To that end, the team signed former Ravens quarterback Troy Smith on Monday.

-- Matt Barrows

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/nate-davis-clea.html#ixzz0yyVXjA7G
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by ninertico:
OK, all of you that thought this kid has NFL-type talent are correct, but look. 31 other teams said no thanks and some with needs at QB. Therefore, let's realistically view Nate with open eyes, shall we?

He not the second coming of Steve Young. He obviously didn't put in the work in the offseason. He was lucky that he came back to us because we already have the framework for his success.

He now MUST put in Alex Smith hours and maybe hang out with him, huh? Don't let us down, Nate. Grab with both hands and don't let go!

Oh, and my wife's jersey is doin' just fine.

Whew!

THIS WAS ABOUT A FREEGGIN JERSEY?!?!?!

BAD NINERTICO!!!

Hey man, that's 20 bucks out of my hard earned bank account.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Quote:
September 8, 2010
Nate Davis clears waivers, headed to practice squad
Nate Davis cleared waivers today, and the 49ers already have added him to their practice squad. To make room, the 49ers released quarterback Jarrett Brown from the practice squad. We got a strong hint that Davis might clear waivers earlier today when Seattle coach Pete Carroll said the Seahawks were content with their quarterback situation and would not put in a claim for Davis. The Seahawks have just two quarterbacks on the active roster and former 49ers general manager Scot McCloughan, who drafted Davis, has a role in the Seahawks front office.

Mike Singletary has been open in saying he was not happy with Davis' work ethic and that he wanted someone who would put more pressure on No. 2 quarterback David Carr. To that end, the team signed former Ravens quarterback Troy Smith on Monday.

-- Matt Barrows

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/nate-davis-clea.html#ixzz0yyVXjA7G

Right on.

I'm a Nate Davis fan and I'm happy to see him stick around.

With a position that important and hard to fill, people with that much talent should be given some time to acclimate to the NFL and it's workload.

where are all the Singletary haters now. He upgraded an emergency position, got a guy who fits what he wants on the roster. And retained a guy who is a "project" right where he should be on the P. Squad.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

Enough said.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
where are all the Singletary haters now. He upgraded an emergency position, got a guy who fits what he wants on the roster. And retained a guy who is a "project" right where he should be on the P. Squad.

Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

lol at you Nate Davis fans.

If he is so good, why'd he clear waivers?

I love it when I'm right
Share 49ersWebzone