LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Davis to be cut after all

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cools:
Teams will sometimes carry only two QB's, especially if they have a 3rd they like on the PS

That article from whitlock shed some light on what may be Nates problem,

Wonder who were gonna sign? prob an ILB

Do we have a possible emergency qb that would allow us to only keep 2? We had what, four emergency qbs last year and they've all been cut/released?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
This only happens when you have a head coach who has no clue about the value of quarterback play. The league has change, but Sing hasn't.

Haters will hate, but we will regret letting this kid walk away. Give Nate a solid head coach/QB mentor, some time/patience to develop behind a veteran QB and he could turn into a star.

You could give that kid 4 yrs, Bill Walsh as HC, Holmgren as his OC and Mariucci as his QB's coach and he is not developing.
This didn't officially happen yet, correct?
I bet he goes home to Indy, and develops behind Payton Manning.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Teams will sometimes carry only two QB's, especially if they have a 3rd they like on the PS

Do we have a possible emergency qb that would allow us to only keep 2? We had what, four emergency qbs last year and they've all been cut/released?

Patrick Willis can play QB if need be
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think this was strategic. But whether it was or not, I don't particularly agree with the team sticking with 2 QB's. Who knows where Nate was exactly in his development, but one horrendous game was enough to break Davis.

If we can find a competent backup -- not David Carr -- to Smith, and if Alex excels, this release will be meaningless. Unless, however, Nate Davis goes to another team and apparently was not as "dumb" as he was made out to be and lights it up. But the chances of that aren't great.

2 QB's only is very risky IMO. Sometimes your QB's really get banged. I hope they don't get Rocky Bernarded this year...

I hope not either. And I agree. I care more about the fact that we only have two QB's right now than I care about the player that was released by us. We can sign another QB, but after getting rid of MRob, we don't even have an emergency QB right now.

I saw it in an earlier post. Getting rid of MRob is a bigger deal than getting rid of Nate Davis.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 6, 2010 at 5:01 PM ]
Would Nate Davis be eligible for the practice squad?
Originally posted by global_nomad:

lol, he is better than painter.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

They were the only other team to show interest in him coming out of Ball St.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Why in the world do people get THIS worked up over a 3rd string QB?

Because his physical talents could make him a superstar.

Like I said, he just needs to be taught the right way (hands-on).

Nobody in the NFL has time to babysit a QB (or any player for that matter.)

we did that for 5 years with Alex, gave him everything he could want....and he never had to earn a starting job.....as well as got rid of QBs that could compete with him, but instead brought in guys like Trent Dilfer and David Carr and Ken Dorsey....lol.

Nate Davis could have gave Smith some good competition but the guy just couldn't get into the playbook after 2 years. It's too bad...

lets be a little honest guys it has been 2 years he still hasnt learned the playbook what 'happpens if we have to get a new OC takes him 2 more years? 3? and if has to learn hands on then we are just going to jepordise games by starting him and letting him learn the system like that?

nate davis is a good player but is not someone i would lose sleep over (although i wouldve perfered to keep him)
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by cwilson830:

Patrick Willis can play QB if need be
+1
Originally posted by Draftology:
I think Rhett Bomar got put on the Giants' practice squad

...which means he would be available to us for the 53-man roster. Ditto any QB on anyone's practice squad. Unless the other team wants to waive one of their 53 to protect that player.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
que que!!!?????
Share 49ersWebzone