LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 384 users in the forums

Davis to be cut after all

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Why in the world do people get THIS worked up over a 3rd string QB?

Because his physical talents could make him a superstar.

Like I said, he just needs to be taught the right way (hands-on).

Nobody in the NFL has time to babysit a QB (or any player for that matter.)
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Losing Robinson is a bigger deal then losing Davis.

You're typing out your ass.

Robinson was useless on offense and over-rated on special teams. He was a "pro bowl alternate," which tells me the pro bowl voting for special teams is an absolute joke. He wasn't even OUR best special teamer last year, that was McKillop. His lead blocking did nothing, seeing as how our return game was the worst in the league last year. Yet he somehow is a pro bowl alternate? What a joke.

On the other hand, Nate Davis is an emergency QB, who had the physical talents to do his job if it came down to that. Now, if Smith gets hurt for an extended period (don't act like it can't happen, just look at '07 AND '08), we're one play away from.. Well, actually, I don't know what the hell we're going to do if Carr were to go down in that situation.

Releasing Nate Davis could be a problem. Releasing Robinson isn't going to affect us.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Would not be surprised to see a

"Lack of class shown by releasing Nate Davis" thread

LOL

maddog is already working on it

I just couldn't pull it off for the GOAT, Nate Davis.

P.S. Just a reminder to the board regarding the legendary Nate Davis....LISTEN TO THE DOG!!

Cheers.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 6, 2010 at 4:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
WE ARE ONLY GOING TO HAVE 2 QUARTERBACKS ON THE ROSTER????

EVEN BETTER is, who the 2 quarterbacks are....

Alex Smith
David Carr

I hope Sing knows what he is doing.....imo, he does not and is letting EGO get in his way like Nolan.

he could've bought himself another 2 years if Alex struggles this year, by trying with Nate...but like Nolan he is putting his job on the line for Alex Smith......serves him right for what ever outcome happens.

Alex Smith was gonna start the season regardless, now that our #3 QB is gone is somehow now really sad LOL

gay

Robinson was useless on offense and over-rated on special teams. He was a "pro bowl alternate," which tells me the pro bowl voting for special teams is an absolute joke. He wasn't even OUR best special teamer last year, that was McKillop. His lead blocking did nothing, seeing as how our return game was the worst in the league last year. Yet he somehow is a pro bowl alternate? What a joke.

On the other hand, Nate Davis is an emergency QB, who had the physical talents to do his job if it came down to that. Now, if Smith gets hurt for an extended period (don't act like it can't happen, just look at '07 AND '08), we're one play away from.. Well, actually, I don't know what the hell we're going to do if Carr were to go down in that situation.

Releasing Nate Davis could be a problem. Releasing Robinson isn't going to affect us.

Agreed.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

LOL

We were waiting for your response! And that is all you give us? Jeez, I am logging off now ...
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
WTF we give this guy 2 years but we give Alex Smith 6 years?!?!

If we had drafted Smith in the first round, he would have been cut after his first season as well

How does one type with your ass? This some kind of new fetish I haven't heard about?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
WE ARE ONLY GOING TO HAVE 2 QUARTERBACKS ON THE ROSTER????

EVEN BETTER is, who the 2 quarterbacks are....

Alex Smith
David Carr

I hope Sing knows what he is doing.....imo, he does not and is letting EGO get in his way like Nolan.

he could've bought himself another 2 years if Alex struggles this year, by trying with Nate...but like Nolan he is putting his job on the line for Alex Smith......serves him right for what ever outcome happens.

Jarrett Brown will be promoted to our #3 QB and he will be the new Niner Talk favorite. Got a problem with that?
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Why in the world do people get THIS worked up over a 3rd string QB?

Because his physical talents could make him a superstar.

Like I said, he just needs to be taught the right way (hands-on).

Nobody in the NFL has time to babysit a QB (or any player for that matter.)

we did that for 5 years with Alex, gave him everything he could want....and he never had to earn a starting job.....as well as got rid of QBs that could compete with him, but instead brought in guys like Trent Dilfer and David Carr and Ken Dorsey....lol.

Maybe wait and get the whole story? There is obviously more. They are either letting him go because they have someone else to put on the 53-man squad who wasn't available yesterday. Or they are trying to sneak him onto the PS by waiting a day. Maybe withhold judgment until we see the whole deal?
Well the Chargers just signed J.T O'Sullivan so were not getting him back

Sarcasm mode ON
[ Edited by PatrickJira411 on Sep 6, 2010 at 4:53 PM ]
Originally posted by lollyballs:
Troy Smith?

I'd like that
nate davis is release today? i am like... NOoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

LOL

P.S. Just a reminder to the board regarding the legendary Nate Davis....LISTEN TO THE DOG!!

Cheers.

maddog know your role, start the nate davis thread now!
Share 49ersWebzone