There are 192 users in the forums

Good news, Bad news

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Interesting article on Niners. VD needs to improve his mental mistakes to take it to the next level. Dashon has work to do as well.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/09/03/good-newsbad-news-san-francisco-49ers/
ouch VD was that bad at run blocking?
Just who the hell is this Khaled Elsayed? Its for a fantasy league, what makes him so all knowing?

Albeit VD has to tighten up on his drops and penalties, he is not as bad a run blocker as the author states. In fact that is one of his strengths before last season.

Again who the hell is this guy. Never heard of him-its all mind over matter. I don't mind cause he don't matter!
I stopped reading after he called Willis a pedestrian blitzer.
The way he was talking about Goldson reminded me of a certain poster here.....hmmm
Wow
VD is a pretty good blocking TE. Remember the year before last, when their OL was sieve? They had to keep him in to prevent their QB from getting murdered?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
It sounded credible.

...until they predicted the Cardinals to go 10-6.
I think khaled is one of those guys who think football is played with a round ball, which you kick into a net, to get a score. Actually, he's right...just not in the USA.
That name sounds real familiar

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I think khaled is one of those guys who think football is played with a round ball, which you kick into a net, to get a score. Actually, he's right...just not in the USA.

or one of those guys who looks at advance statistics, useing that as a foundation for all his commentiary, without actually WATCHING the games.

Vernon is a amazing blocker
  • 9r4lf
I think our guys are amazing players and athletes. But it is nice to see the data too. Improve our guys in these areas, and wow, how about VD catching that pass against Seattle to win that game? We can't get better if we focus on the good only.
Most of it seemed like statistics and damn lies, but I will take the 10-6 predication at the end!
Ok I stopped reading it when he said we had 7 wins.
I will assume that the writer did not get VD's 12 penalties and 13 drops wrong. I watched the games last year, and that seems about right. Every time it happened I asked myself how valuable VD was after subtracting his minuses from his pluses. Everyone expects Alex to step up his play. Well that goes for VD as well, and for every other WR and TE on the team. If this team is to win games, all players must eliminate stupid mistakes.
Share 49ersWebzone