There are 276 users in the forums

Is this a must win game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by STNiner:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I really really think we HAVE to win this coming Sunday. But part of me is afraid that this will not be an easy task. I believe we have more talent but Seatle will not be pushovers this season. They have a decent defense and a vetran QB who can pick apart a defense if given time. Playing up in Seattle is no cake walk either. I just believe if we don't get this win we can be looking at starting the season 0-2.. (saints will be super tough to pull out) If we start 0-2, going to play at Arrowhead will be extremely tough!! I'm thinking we need this victory bad for the well being of our season..

Lets see if you thing we have a tough part and start off with a losing streak it could go like column 1..........but i Know it will be column 2

C1 C2

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks -1:15p L W ( we are amped!)
Mon 9/20 Saints - 5:30p L L (close)
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs - 10:00a L W (No Offense/run D)
Sun 10/03 @Falcons - 10:00a L W(REVENGE)
Sun 10/10 Eagles - 5:20p W W (No McNabb)
Sun 10/17 Raiders - 1:15p W W (No offense)
Sun 10/24 @Panthers - 10:00a W W( Inexperienced QB)
Sun 10/31 Broncos - 10:00a W W( Can't run ballvs us
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams - 1:15p W L (Sam surprises us)
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers -1:05p W W(pissed and focused
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals -5:30p W W( we hate them)
Sun 12/5 @Packers - 10:00a L L (Tough loss lose big
Sun 12/12 Seahawks - 1:05p W W( we need this one)
Thur 12/16 @Chargers - 5:20p L W( our first good win)
Sun 12/26 @Rams - 10:00a W W( revenge kill them)
Sun 1/2 Cardinals - 1:15p W L( resting for playoff)

10-6 12-4

playoffs either way........charger's game is debatable but looks like we have a shot in every game this year!

we aren't going to lose to the rams

crazier things have happened.
I really really think we HAVE to win this coming Sunday. But part of me is afraid that this will not be an easy task. I believe we have more talent but Seatle will not be pushovers this season. They have a decent defense and a vetran QB who can pick apart a defense if given time. Playing up in Seattle is no cake walk either. I just believe if we don't get this win we can be looking at starting the season 0-2.. (saints will be super tough to pull out) If we start 0-2, going to play at Arrowhead will be extremely tough!! I'm thinking we need this victory bad for the well being of our season..

Lets see if you thing we have a tough part and start off with a losing streak it could go like column 1..........but i Know it will be column 2

C1 C2

BYE

10-6 12-4

playoffs either way........charger's game is debatable but looks like we have a shot in every game this year!

Ya. No way we lose to the rams.
I have said this before and will say it again -- the first quarter of our schedule is ROUGH. If we come out 1-3 or 2-2, I hate to say I wouldn't be wholeheartedly surprised. The thing about it is that we cannot panic. Our team is good enough to go 10-6 and sweep our division games. We have to keep that in mind. Getting to the playoffs is obviously the top priority, but if we lose a couple games early, it will test our teams, the fanbase, the coaches -- everyone. The nice thing is that we are in the NFC West, and if we get to the playoffs it's a one-game season, something I believe our team will thrive off of.

That being said, I believe every game is must win -- or at least go into it like that. And I believe Seattle gives us a scare for the first quarter or half, and then our more talented rosters goes out there and gets a win, albeit a close one.

C1 C2

BYE

10-6 12-4

Especially at home
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I have said this before and will say it again -- the first quarter of our schedule is ROUGH. If we come out 1-3 or 2-2, I hate to say I wouldn't be wholeheartedly surprised. The thing about it is that we cannot panic. Our team is good enough to go 10-6 and sweep our division games. We have to keep that in mind. Getting to the playoffs is obviously the top priority, but if we lose a couple games early, it will test our teams, the fanbase, the coaches -- everyone. The nice thing is that we are in the NFC West, and if we get to the playoffs it's a one-game season, something I believe our team will thrive off of.

That being said, I believe every game is must win -- or at least go into it like that. And I believe Seattle gives us a scare for the first quarter or half, and then our more talented rosters goes out there and gets a win, albeit a close one.

I'd just like to get to the bye at 4-4
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Yes, we need to go 5-1 in our cream puff division, so 5-5 outside of it gets us my prediction of 10-6.

I agree, every game is a must win game for our team. We have the talent and we need to be developing it into a consistent offense and we need our defense to play hard every game.

I see the Seattle game as the bell weather game for our team. We will see if our offense can get settled, consistent play and whether our OC will have a game plan that will be effective. Noise level will be an issue for our rookies. Running game should be stellar especially by the middle of third quarter of pounding on the defense. I would like to see A. Smith get 3 TDs - one to Davis, one to Crabtree, and one to Ginn. I would also like to see Gore and co get at least 2-3 TDs on the ground, and one defense/special team score. Just fan desire and some awareness of potential. I would also like to see Raye not let up on the game and get us a solid conistent win.
Originally posted by znk916:

I'd just like to get to the bye at 4-4

Agreed. One game that really is a toss-up is that Denver game in London. No matter how you cut it, it really depends on which team adapts to the time change/travel best. If you have sluggish players that have their inner clocks all f**ked up, who knows how the game's going to go. I feel like it's going to be an ugly contest.
Games aren't must win until its for playoff elimination.

But it would be a good tone setting game. Depending on how the 1st team offense looks all together for the first time since last year + Ginn.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

I agree, every game is a must win game for our team. We have the talent and we need to be developing it into a consistent offense and we need our defense to play hard every game.

I see the Seattle game as the bell weather game for our team. We will see if our offense can get settled, consistent play and whether our OC will have a game plan that will be effective. Noise level will be an issue for our rookies. Running game should be stellar especially by the middle of third quarter of pounding on the defense. I would like to see A. Smith get 3 TDs - one to Davis, one to Crabtree, and one to Ginn. I would also like to see Gore and co get at least 2-3 TDs on the ground, and one defense/special team score. Just fan desire and some awareness of potential. I would also like to see Raye not let up on the game and get us a solid conistent win.

As much as I would like scoring 42 or more points, I don't see it happening. Let's be unbiased for a second. We are almost assuredly going to make mistakes... it's the first game of a season and we're hyped. That means flags, probably a turnover, and some blown assignments. Our O-Line has two rooks and if they're not nervous as hell, well, then we're gold. But I think they will be. I will be happy with Alex going for around 240 + 2 TDs (I hate to say it but he may throw a pick). We're going to lean heavily on Gore and I think he goes for at least 120 and a pair of scores. Our defense absolutely needs to create more than 1 turnover or we get surprised. If the pressure from our D-line and LB corps can get to Hasselbeck fast enough, we win. He will dump off short without time and eventually will make pressured throws that turn into picks or mistakes. If we do all of that, Jimmy Raye calls a good game and our players effectively carry it out, we will win. Our team is better, and hopefully we go into it knowing that -- but not being over confident.

This is definitely a must win. They lost to them in Seattle which was the last time the 2 teams played against each other.I highly doubt it that the Niners will take them lightly.
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
This is definitely a must win. They lost to them in Seattle which was the last time the 2 teams played against each other.I highly doubt it that the Niners will take them lightly.

so if we lose the season is over?
Originally posted by valrod33:

[u]C1 [/u

BYE

10-6 12-4

Especially at home

I am going to this game, hell no , we are not losing to those bums, bradford will prolly be hurt, his o-line is terrible.
I think most of the game will be decided on their offense vs our defense... as some of you have pointed out our offense has two rookies on the online who probably will struggle a bit, we are going to run the ball constantly because to take some pressure of Alex and the rookies and because their defense is pretty bad stopping the run, Pete Carroll says he wants to run the ball and be a physical team, when he has 13 attempts for 20 yards he will realize he has to pass, which leaves our pass rush against their o-line which is terrible for them, there is were this game will be decided, they will try to pass and we will get turnovers because of their weak o-line and scared QB... I see at least one defensive TD and we pretty much shutting their offense down..

off course this is the first game and I can be completely wrong but as of right know I think that our formula for road games..
Originally posted by susweel:
Yes I do believe that the first game is a must win because the first part of the schedule is strong. The next game is against NO and I'm pretty sure that we will lose that game, an 0-2 start would seriously hurt our playoff chances big time. Also we need to avenge last seasons coke job in Seattle.

We had a coke job in Seattle!! Kidding That lost up in Seattle last year pretty much killed our playoff chances...

Share 49ersWebzone