LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Is this a must win game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I really really think we HAVE to win this coming Sunday. But part of me is afraid that this will not be an easy task. I believe we have more talent but Seatle will not be pushovers this season. They have a decent defense and a vetran QB who can pick apart a defense if given time. Playing up in Seattle is no cake walk either. I just believe if we don't get this win we can be looking at starting the season 0-2.. (saints will be super tough to pull out) If we start 0-2, going to play at Arrowhead will be extremely tough!! I'm thinking we need this victory bad for the well being of our season..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yes I do believe that the first game is a must win because the first part of the schedule is strong. The next game is against NO and I'm pretty sure that we will lose that game, an 0-2 start would seriously hurt our playoff chances big time. Also we need to avenge last seasons coke job in Seattle.
Originally posted by susweel:
Yes I do believe that the first game is a must win because the first part of the schedule is strong. The next game is against NO and I'm pretty sure that we will lose that game, an 0-2 start would seriously hurt our playoff chances big time. Also we need to avenge last seasons coke job in Seattle.

We had a coke job in Seattle!! Kidding That lost up in Seattle last year pretty much killed our playoff chances...
i agree, we have to beat seattle, obviously week 2 will be tough, but i think KC is going to be improved from last year, no pushover, and then we have ATL and PHI, two more tought games! we gotta come out of the gates strong
Originally posted by superman49er:
i agree, we have to beat seattle, obviously week 2 will be tough, but i think KC is going to be improved from last year, no pushover, and then we have ATL and PHI, two more tought games! we gotta come out of the gates strong

I think KC is one of the hardest road environments in the league to play in. I just think just to send a message we need to win. Seattle has always been allowed to "steal" one from us when they want to.

Their o-line is in shambles and we have to show we want to take the division, because no one is going to hand it to us.
No! We have to beat the tough teams. Teams like Green Bay, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Sandiego, and New Orleans. We know we can beat all those other teams on the schedule. I'm not saying the rest of the schedule is easy or anything, I'm just saying that we either have equal to or have more talent than the rest of the games this season. The teams that I mentioned are the elite teams on our schedule this season. If we beat the teams I didn't mention and lost to the teams that I did mention, we would still make it to the playoffs. But than what, we get into the wildcard round and get our heads stomped in. If that were to happen, we might as well not even made it to the playoffs in the first place.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I really really think we HAVE to win this coming Sunday. But part of me is afraid that this will not be an easy task. I believe we have more talent but Seatle will not be pushovers this season. They have a decent defense and a vetran QB who can pick apart a defense if given time. Playing up in Seattle is no cake walk either. I just believe if we don't get this win we can be looking at starting the season 0-2.. (saints will be super tough to pull out) If we start 0-2, going to play at Arrowhead will be extremely tough!! I'm thinking we need this victory bad for the well being of our season..

Lets see if you thing we have a tough part and start off with a losing streak it could go like column 1..........but i Know it will be column 2

C1 C2

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks -1:15p L W ( we are amped!)
Mon 9/20 Saints - 5:30p L L (close)
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs - 10:00a L W (No Offense/run D)
Sun 10/03 @Falcons - 10:00a L W(REVENGE)
Sun 10/10 Eagles - 5:20p W W (No McNabb)
Sun 10/17 Raiders - 1:15p W W (No offense)
Sun 10/24 @Panthers - 10:00a W W( Inexperienced QB)
Sun 10/31 Broncos - 10:00a W W( Can't run ballvs us
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams - 1:15p W L (Sam surprises us)
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers -1:05p W W(pissed and focused
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals -5:30p W W( we hate them)
Sun 12/5 @Packers - 10:00a L L (Tough loss lose big
Sun 12/12 Seahawks - 1:05p W W( we need this one)
Thur 12/16 @Chargers - 5:20p L W( our first good win)
Sun 12/26 @Rams - 10:00a W W( revenge kill them)
Sun 1/2 Cardinals - 1:15p W L( resting for playoff)

10-6 12-4

playoffs either way........charger's game is debatable but looks like we have a shot in every game this year!
YES! I do believe this is a must win game because if we are supposed to win the division like we expect, then we have to be able to come out and open up with a division win. Also, if we are going to be a playoff team, then we have to win games like this. Good teams win the games that they are supposed to. Now I don't think if we happen to lose week 1 that the season is over and we are not going to make the playoffs, but a loss to Seattle would make it harder for us down the road. If Niner fans have learned anything over the last few seasons its that every win is important and ever game matters. It could be the difference in being 8-8 and 9-7 in December and being a playoff team or not one.
in a 16 game season every game is a must win!
With the way the other teams in the division are falling apart, I don't think it matters anymore, none of the other teams will even make it to 8-8.

For all of you saying we are going to lose to the Saints shame on you! I think the Niners are going to win this game for many reasons we always play very good on MNF, It's our home opener, Jerry Rice is going into the 49ers hall of fame and getting his jersey retired which will give our players extra motivation. I really think the crowd at candlestick is going to play a part in this game for those of you who went to last years MNF game against the cards know that that was a playoff game atmosphere so i expect this game to be even louder than last years game. And finally we you are playing the defending superbowl champs you just get the best out of all your players. NINERS BABY!!!
it would be great to win week 1, but its not a must win, the game that its huge for me its our home opener... its been some time since we beat an elite team and if we want to go places this season, winning at home against the super bowl champion its a must... if we win it all the players in that looker room will believe in coach even more and we will begin to get the swagger, swagger we need to win big games (10-6 / 11-5) but if we lose the fear of last season will get on our head and make this team a 8-8 / 9-7 average...
[ Edited by servegmo on Sep 5, 2010 at 10:49 AM ]
We have to beat the seahawks
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
in a 16 game season every game is a must win!

This..

The Seattle game could be considered a trap game, with the 49ers looking ahead to the NO game.

The 49ers can't afford to sleep on the Seahawks.
Originally posted by STNiner:
Originally posted by jays9ers:

Lets see if you thing we have a tough part and start off with a losing streak it could go like column 1..........but i Know it will be column 2

C1 C2

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks -1:15p L W ( we are amped!)
Mon 9/20 Saints - 5:30p L L (close)
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs - 10:00a L W (No Offense/run D)
Sun 10/03 @Falcons - 10:00a L W(REVENGE)
Sun 10/10 Eagles - 5:20p W W (No McNabb)
Sun 10/17 Raiders - 1:15p W W (No offense)
Sun 10/24 @Panthers - 10:00a W W( Inexperienced QB)
Sun 10/31 Broncos - 10:00a W W( Can't run ballvs us
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams - 1:15p W L (Sam surprises us)
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers -1:05p W W(pissed and focused
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals -5:30p W W( we hate them)
Sun 12/5 @Packers - 10:00a L L (Tough loss lose big
Sun 12/12 Seahawks - 1:05p W W( we need this one)
Thur 12/16 @Chargers - 5:20p L W( our first good win)
Sun 12/26 @Rams - 10:00a W W( revenge kill them)
Sun 1/2 Cardinals - 1:15p W L( resting for playoff)

10-6 12-4

playoffs either way........charger's game is debatable but looks like we have a shot in every game this year!

we aren't going to lose to the rams
Share 49ersWebzone