LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 344 users in the forums

2011-2012 PUP/Injuries Update

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Watch out, our seventh round corner ruptured his Achilles. The world is coming to an end. Are you guys serious with this nonsense? Its funny how this lockout drove me crazy only to get it resolved and go through more hell. This is the least of our worries. How about shawntee spencer being our best corner. Or Goldman contemplating going to the hated raiders. Our best receiver being Josh Morgan. Reminds me of when everyone was getting excited over arnez battle. let's get real.
Unfortunate for him but doubt he was making the team.7th round pick and people think were cursed? Lmao. Cus injuries don't happen in football
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brooklyn49er:
Unfortunate for him but doubt he was making the team.7th round pick and people think were cursed? Lmao. Cus injuries don't happen in football

They don't?

Yes he a 7th round pick,but when your CB postion already thin. It doesn't help to lose more players at the spot.

[ Edited by fakers23 on Jul 29, 2011 at 14:32:05 ]
I would jump out my office window right if I wasn't on the first floor
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fakers23:

Yes he a 7th round pick,but when your CB postion already thin. It doesn't help to lose more players at the spot.

Too true.

We are going to have to get a replacement. At least for camp.
7th rounder have a tough challenge making squads anyway. IOW didn't expect much from him
He probably wouldn't have made the team, but it does hurt practice depth.
But seriously, how did he hurt himself? Practice just started at 2:30 pacific, no? Or did he get hurt yesterday during conditioning?

Speedy recovery to the guy. Not a good offseason indeed.
Originally posted by awkwordz:
Watch out, our seventh round corner ruptured his Achilles. The world is coming to an end. Are you guys serious with this nonsense? Its funny how this lockout drove me crazy only to get it resolved and go through more hell. This is the least of our worries. How about shawntee spencer being our best corner. Or Goldman contemplating going to the hated raiders. Our best receiver being Josh Morgan. Reminds me of when everyone was getting excited over arnez battle. let's get real.

Don't you see that that's exactly the problem we're talking about? With how little our depth at CB is, it DOES suck to see one go down for the entire year. We don't know how good this dude could have been. He could have came in and outperformed everybody, could have been adequate, etc. We don't know. But it's very bad news that we're losing as many of them as we are.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
I f**king pray to god that this makes them offer Asomghua more money. We need to land a big time CB NOW.

But I also know that we won't. Ugh.

a 7th rounder going down isn't going to change what we offer

thank you for starting this thread. Now I remember why I don't go to niner talk.

that could possibly be his career

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I feel bad for the kid. He was a low round pick as it is and gets injured on the first day of camp.

Yeah, that really is f'd up. Barely get drafted and think all you need is a chance, and bang, 5 minutes in and you're done. He probably will never get a second one.
Although we're out of the running, maybe this increases our chances in getting Nnamdi after all. Think about it...now that Holcomb is out, Nnamdi would be guaranteed a starting role.
How the hell did he rupture his Achilles. We have'nt had our first practice yet?
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
How the hell did he rupture his Achilles. We have'nt had our first practice yet?

the conditioning test maybe?
Share 49ersWebzone